Chapter 18 - Ghost Village

You Stole My Heart

On their horses, they made their way out of the village.

Everyone was busy thinking about what Kevin would be since it was quite obvious already that he wasn’t human. That would explain how he defeated the vampires but the blonde locks and how he could “lock” up his powers all this while? Those would remain a mystery until they find the oracle.

Kevin was probably the most worried one. He wanted to cry. He didn’t know what he was. Was he turning into a monster? The very thought perturbed him to no end.

-After a while-

“Hey why are there buildings out of nowhere?” Kevin asked. They looked around. “Aww crap! Another creepy village?!” JungMin complained.

“I don’t remember entering any village…” HyungJun who was behind JungMin on their horse, said while looking around cautiously.

“Me neither.” The rest said at the same time.

As their horses galloped deeper into the village, chattering and noise became more prominent. The village was bustling with activity – just not with human-like creatures but spirits and monsters of different shapes and sizes. But they were used to it – they lived in a magical world afterall.

“I-it’s a ghost village” Kibum stated very matter-of-factly, quite fascinated. Well, it’s not every day you get to see a ghost town, much less get to enter it.

“G-gho-ghost?” Dongho hid into Soohyun’s shirt even more. He didn’t even notice that he had been clutching onto Soohyun’s shirt that tight.

“Don’t worry Dngho, there are no ghosts here. What it means is that these “ghost villages” appear at night and can appear and disappear.” Soohyun assured him while chuckling to himself.

Dongho nodded but still refused to release Soohyun’s shirt.

Looking up, Soohyun noticed that all eyes were on him, as if asking “Whoa! How do you know all that?” He shrugged, “I read about it before.”

“So… are we still on the right track?” asked Kiseop.

“Let’s ask around. Maybe they’ll know where the oracle is.” HyungJun suggested.

Seeing Kibum’s nod of approval, HyungJun and JungMin approached a creature. Actually, HyungJun wanted to go, alone. But JungMin insisted to tag along, making HyungJun pout and shoot him another death glare. JungMin just grinned and pulled him away.

They asked one creature after another but none of them knew about the oracle, They couldn’t get anything out of them so they had no choice but to return to the group

When they reached the pack, they informed them that no one knew where the oracle’s hideout is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddeny, everyone went into a frenzy. Everyone except them ran into their huts and the bang of the doors slamming against the wooden frames sounded one after another. Even the candles that were used as lights were put out.

One family of spirits was the last ones to rush into their huts. As they were about to enter, YoungSaeng swooped off the horse and rushed to grab the dad’s arm. The whole family turned back to look at him trying to flee into their hut with pure desperation written all across their faces.

“Why is everyone running away?” He finally asked. The dad of the family whose arm was locked in place by the vampire’s grip pushed his wife and children and urged them to go into the hut first.

He turned back at the group. “There’s an evil creature in this village. It’s been around for many generations. It only comes out during the night and any living creature that it sees will be captured… It has a whole army of underlings… You won’t be able to escape it! Run… Leave while you still can…!” The spirit whispered with fear in his tone. With that, he yanked his arm out of the loosened grip and stumbled into his hut. The lights went off soon after.

A huge gust of wind blew by and sand was blown into their eyes. During that few seconds that their eyes were closed, they did not expect to see anything when they opened their eyes, but…

When they opened their eyes, they were already surrounded by mysterious beings. They were dressed in cloaks and floated in the air, encircling them. You couldn’t see through their cloaks at all. It covered them from head to toe and the hood hid most of their faces.

Just then, the mysterious newcomers tried to apprehend them but the generals had already gotten into defence mode to protect the their prince and Dongho and Kibum. Threatened, they started to shoot magic spells at the warriors.

Magic could only be warded off by magic itself, so the 4 generals and YoungSaeng blocked the attacks skilfully with a few spells here and there. Like HyunJoong, YoungSaeng was considered a higher-class vampire and had a power that he specialized in.

Soon, Kibum had joined in too. Fireballs and blades of magic sliced through the air as sharp blows were exchanged.  A few blows were successfully delivered to a few of the mysterious creatures’ chest and they flew back, spitting out blood.

in pain, they passed out. Groans of resistance were heard from both parties as both sides had opposing goals in mind. The mysterious beings had to apprehend them to bring back to their master, and the Prince and his group only wanted to get out of that place, alive.

As the men were busy fighting off the creatures, they didn’t notice that one of them had crept to the back where Kevin and Dongho were.

“Your highness! Behind!” That was all Kibum had to know and he immediately spun around and held the creature by it’s neck. With just one arm, he flung it until it reached the ground with a hard and painful thud.

Kibum was really enraged now. He was pissed that they were under attack so many times and even more so that their target was the one and only Kevin woo – the boy that he would risk his life for. Heck, he even had to put his confession on hold just because of the countless attacks! He saw how Kevin and Dongho were shivering in fear. He swore to protect his boy – yes, HIS boy. Kim Kibum’s boy – and he swore to never let anyone put him into fear.

He went full-speed; full-rage and fought every one of those – what he would call, bastards – that was in his way. He thought he was going to knock out all of them already, until…

--------------------------------------------------TBC-------------------------------------------------- 

A/N: HEY GUYZ!!! I came back yesterday! ^^ Went to Nikoi island (a little island off Bintan) and it was so beautiful!

Anyway, here's update! Hope you like it!

Btw, would you guys prefer to have AJ and Hoon in my other fics? Because I'd really rather not add them in. But AJ and Hoon supporters, don't get me wrong, i don't dislike them, i believe they're really really wonderful people. (: