Chapter 23 - The Time Has Come...

You Stole My Heart

Previously…

Meanwhile, YoungSaeng was by the lake, wondering when he would meet KyuJong again… Just then, he caught the familiar scent and his presence came into view…

The smell again drifted by and YoungSaeng recognized it immediately. He spun his head around to the direction that the smell came from and saw KyuJong walking towards him.

He could barely contain the small smile that formed on his lips when he saw the great beauty before him with a wide grin himself.

YoungSaeng smiled softly and sat down on the grass and patted the space beside him for the other to sit down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were wondering why Kiseop was missing for quite a while, he was of course up to mischief like always. He was randomly dancing, moonwalking and popping his way aimlessly when he saw 2 people sitting on the grass patch under a peach blossom tree.

Taking a closer look, he saw that it was YoungSaeng and the Oracle’s son.

He tiptoed and hid himself in a bush and began his mission.

‘Mission007’ he snickered.

He could see the look of hesitation in their eyes, like they wanted to do or say something but decided not to. One word – awkward.

After they had left, Kiseop made sure that they were out of sight before popping out from the bushes. He ignored the twigs and leaves that were stuck in his mass of hair and decided to be the matchmaker…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days were pretty much training and more training, awaiting the day of the battle. Have I mentioned? Kevin’s hair is now fully-blonde, which means he was a mature dragon warrior now. Well… his full-fledged powers showed some symptoms, like how the knife got magically twisted into an ugly dead knot when Kevin suffered from a harmless little cut; and when Dongho was hoisted and suspended in the air, struggling and screaming in horror after he had tackled Kevin down onto the ground.

That was when Oracle HanByul decided that Kevin had to learn how to control his powers. Ever since then, Kevin was mostly in the Oracle’s chambers meditating while the Prince, HyungJun, JungMin, Soohyun, Kiseop and YoungSaeng  were practicing their magic.

Though, other strange things did happen… Kiseop had been acting way too strange, always snickering to himself. He had been out of it really often and seen with a smirk on his face. In fact, Kiseop had always been the weird one, but these few days, he’d been weirder than weird.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let’s have a break.” HyungJun breathed out, panting with his back bent and hands resting on his knees.

“Urgh!” Soohyun collapsed onto the ground covered in sweat. Dongho immediately scampered over and passed him a piece of cloth to wipe his sweat, making the panting boy on the ground smile.

Kibum looked at Dongho and Soohyun, the sweet couple, and HyungJun and JungMin who were fighting again, over the thirst-quenching slice of watermelon that they somehow found. He puffed out his cheeks and pouted. He missed his Kebinnie and wondered how he was doing. He hadn’t seen Kevin often because Kevin had to meditate in HanByul’s chambers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Meanwhile-

The loud shriek of laughter echoed throughout the entire place where they resided. The place shook and trembled as if succumbing to its newly-found powers.

The place roared to life with horrible shrieks and monstrous sounds.

Suddenly, they all quietened down. It was their leader who had signalled for their silence. They abided. They did not want to fall under its prowess and be the next victims.

The evil eyes of the leader glowed in the dark as another roar of menacing laughter rippled throughout the place.

“It’s finally time…”

-----------------------------------------------------TBC-------------------------------------------------------------- 

A/N: Sorry for the short update after such a long time T.T And yes, i am leaving you guys with that cliffhanger for quite a while. >:D I'm EVIL~ Nah jk.

Ok anyway, i may or may not be updating for the next few months until my next series of tests and finals are over... Please understand me... I really have to do well for the last 2 rounds.... or i might get kicked out of my school... Thank you for your kind understanding. Though, i am trying to write the next chapter now, whether or not i can complete it, is not really up to me. Thank you once again (: And please wait for me! Although i really want to finish You Stole My Heart to start on my new fic, i really have to buck up on my studies!