Chapter 24 - Surprise(s)?

You Stole My Heart

“Phew!” Kevin huffed and dropped his body on the ground beside the pond. Oracle Hanbyul had finally granted him some rest and he was exhausted. He wanted to look for Kibum but he was nowhere to be found. In fact, none of the others were to be seen.

‘Maybe they’re still practicing,” Kevin thought.

He pulled his upper body up and gazed into the pond thoughtfully. There were many fishes swimming freely in the huge pond. There were goldfish and many others. He was deeply fascinated by the pretty fishes.

Just then, a slightly larger and fatter goldfish swam up to the side of the pond where Kevin was and seemed to be staring at him. The blonde looked as that one peculiar goldfish swam round and round in circles before him.

Then, it stopped and looked at him with those fat goldfish cheeks. Kevin puffed out his cheeks too and seemed to be imitating the goldfish in front of him. The fish-lover then did the most unexpected thing ever…

He blew his cheeks in and out and began, “gloop gloop gloop gloop gloop~” He varied his tone, as id speaking with the fish. Talking to fish?! Taking to fish, yes, that was exactly what he seemingly was doing.

The goldfish rolled its big eyes at him before turning around and flicking its tail, signalling for Kevin to follow it.

Kevin ran after the fish which was swimming alongside the bridge that he was running on.

gloop gloop fishy! Gloop where are you gloop gloop going??” Kevin ‘asked’… the… goldfish. (-.-“)

He ran and ran until the fish stopped. The place suddenly went dark, but they were outside in broad daylight (at least a while ago). Kevin panicked. He looked around in the dark frantically and he could feel his powers bubbling inside of him, ready to break free.

But suddenly, a few candles lit up. He looked confusedly at the man who appeared before the arrangement of candles. Prince Kibum.

-Kibum POV-

He’s approaching me, what should I do? Ok, calm down Kim Kibum. I’ll act as how I’ve rehearsed. Oh ! He’s coming closer with that adorable confused look on his face! Smile Kim Kibum, smile, and everything’ll be cool. Take deeeeeeep breaths. Yes, calm down. Don’t blurt out nonsense. Deliver the lines that you’ve practised well.

Take another deeeeeep breath. Ok, here goes.

-End of Kibum POV-

-Kevin POV-

I saw the prince looking extremely dashing. What was all these about? I went closer until I was at a comfortable distance in front of him. I cocked my head to the side as he signalled for me to stand beside him.

When I did so, he turned towards me and took a deep breath.

“Kevin, I like you, I like you a lot. I love you. You’re just so beautiful, innocent and adorable. Will you-” he hesitated and took another deep breath. “Will you be my princess? I’ll take you back to the palace and have an official marriage in front of the King, Queen and our people… Will you?”

I was confused. I heard about this love thing, but what exactly was it?

-End of Kevin POV-

-Narrator POV-

“Bummie-hyung… what… what is love?” Kevin ended up asking.

“Love… love is this really beautiful thing.” He smiled while looking at Kevin dazedly. “Love is a really special feeling that you feel for one particular someone that will make you feel on cloud nine…”

“Whenever I look at you Bummie-hyung, I feel my heart beating faster and there’s a weird feeling in my stomach, as if there are butterflies in there! Is this love hyung? If it is, then I guess… I love you too-”

Kevin barely finished what he was saying before he was scooped into Kibum’s arms and was twirled around. Kibum was grinning from ear to ear when he put Kevin down and the younger couldn’t help but to smile too.

Slowly, Kibum’s face went closer to Kevin’s as both of them closed their eyes. It seemed like forever before their lips touched in a soft and gentle kiss. Both were overwhelmed in the feeling of the other’s soft warm lips on their own. When they broke the kiss, Kevin’s cheeks visibly reddened and he looked away from Kibum shyly.

“WHOOOOOOOOOO~” Came the cheering of the hidden audience. The 8 people emerged from the shadows and cheered. Even the Oracle and KyuJong was there. So they had planned it all along.

“CONGRATULATIONS!!!” They cheered even more.

“KEVIN-HYUNG! CONGRATULATIONS!!!” Dongho ran over and tackled him to the ground.

Kevin laughed and stood up. “Thanks guys,” he then turned to Kibum and said shyly, “T-thanks hyung.”

Kibum laughed and ruffled his hair before pulling him into a tight hug. “The guys helped me a lot too.”

“YEAH! You know Kevin-ah, I bet if we didn’t help him, you would not agree to marry him. His original speech – oh God! You should have seen it – was so corny! ‘I love you so much, your-” Kiseop was cut off by the prince who was smiling awkwardly and clamping his palm across Kiseop’s mouth.

Kiseop struggled and broke free. “ ‘Your luscious hair, your milky skin, everything about you is perfect. Your smile is so…” He paused trying to remember the word Kibum used. “so… ah! WIDE! ‘your smile is so wide!’”

Everybody broke out in laughter and Kibum was so embarrassed.

Soohyun crept to Kevin’s side and whispered, “Kibum can be a total blockhead sometimes.” Kevin giggled. “YAH! I heard that Shin Soohyun!” Kibum shouted.

“Hanbyul noona~ KyuJong-ah~” Kevin whined. “You guys tricked me too!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I wish someone would love me this much too…” HyungJun sighed, not knowing that the person beside him heard it.

‘HyungJunnie, let me be the one…” JungMin thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“But… I remembered it was still daytime before I came here, why is it suddenly night time?” Kevin asked, gazing at the starry night sky above them.

Kibum nodded his head towards the grinning YoungSaeng in response. Oh yeah, Kevin thought. YoungSaeng-hyung is an illusionist…

All of a sudden, the illusion cracked and shattered into pieces like glass would. The sunlight filtered in and blinded their eyes. They blinked, trying to get accustomed to the sudden bright light.

“We’re under attack!” Someone yelled.

Oh no… what exactly is happening??

----------------------------------------------TBC--------------------------------------------------------------- 

A/N: Yay! I managed to update! Cheers to me! LOL

[Promo] Hey guys~ Check out my friend's fic. It's a 2PM and Infinite girlXboy one, mainly the fictional female lead, Dongwoo and Junho. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/60038/found-you-2pm-dongwoo-infinite-junho

Also, have everyone seen Xander's 'BOMB'?? :DDD http://www.alexander0729.com

Until next time~ ttyl (: