Chapter 2 - Caught

You Stole My Heart

-----------------------Continued----------------------

Thinking of the past made my heart break into pieces once more. I knew ajumma and ajussi were not my biological parents, but still, they raised me up. I have long treated them like my real parents.

"Don't think about it anymore" , I told myself. It's been 8 years since then. I'm 18 now, it's been 8 years since i decided to put the past behind me, but I would be a fool to believe that I can forget what had happened and carry on with my life without my heart suffering from the excrutiating pain. Truth to be told, I've always blamed myself for the death of ajumma and ajussi. If only I had let ajumma and ajussi accompany me to get groceries, none of these would have happened and they would still be living happily by my side...

"Kevin hyung....... Kevin hyung!" I felt a light tug on my sleeve.

That was when i was snapped out of my daydreaming state.

"Oh, Dongho-ah, what's up?" I asked the younger boy. Oh,i almost forgot! This was Dongho, I met him a few months after i reached here.

-Flashback-

That day, I had no luck in my "pickpocketing career". My stomach was rumbling furiously. I looked around desperately while clutching on to my stomach. All of a sudden, a nice aroma was carried by the air towards me. As if acting on it's own, my nose begun to sniff the air surrounding me and I sniffed my way as the smell was getting stronger and stronger.

O. M. G.

Was i dreaming? I saw a loafs and loafs of bread fresh from the oven. I was really hungry but had no money. I couldn't bear my hunger anymore so as i pretended to walk past the stall, I swiftly grabbed 2 small loafs of bread, one in each hand as i tried my best to hide the loafs under my long sleeves. I then walked away acting as if nothing ad happened.

After i ensured that i was a safe distance away from the stall, i broke out into a run and hid in a small alley. Just as i was about take my first bite, I felt a tug at the bottom of my shirt. I looked down and saw a kid, much younger than me since he only reached my waist (Yes, Dongho WAS that short xD).

"Excuse me sir, could you share your bread with me?" He asked in a pitiful voice.

Wh-atttt? No way! I was hoping this 2 small loafs of bread could last me a while!

"Go away kid" was all that i replied.

"*sniff sniff*" Oh no, he wasn't going to cry was he??!!! "Waaaaaaa!!! Please kind sir, I haven't eaten for days ever since my umma and appa passed away!" He continued to cry.

So he was in a similar situation as me. My heart started to soften as i crouched down to his level and patted his head.

"Shhhh~" I hummed "Don't cry, hyung will give you some bread ok?" I removed my hand from his head and handed him one loaf with a slight smile on my face.

I don't know if it was because he shared the same fate with me or what, but I offered to take care of him. Another reason would be that he was still young, 6 years old as he had told him, and he shouldn't be out on the streets with no one to care for him and feed him. I smiled as i watch him eat, holding the bread with both of his tiny hands.

-End of flashback-

I told him everything about me, and he did to. From that moment on, I treated him like my little brother. I knew it was too big of a responsibility for me, who was only 10 years old then, but I promised to take good care of him.

Dongho sighed. "Here we go again..." he mumbled under his breath.

"KEVIN HYUNGGGGG!!!!!" His voice echoed through the alley (the one where they first met).

"Oh, Dongho-ah, mi-ahn. I was just thinking about some stuffs. " I said as I stood up from the ground. It was morning and I had been daydreaming since i woke up a while ago. And to clear your doubts, me and Dongho sleeps on the bare ground in the alley as we have no money. Look on the bright side, it's convenient since we've always pickpocketed in the marketplace which you will reach once you get out of the alley.

I sighed as I stood up from the ground only to be leveled with Dongho.

"Yah, Dongho-ah, where did that shorty you go to? You're almost as tall as me now!" Kids just grow taller and taller these days...

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Hyung, it's late already, I dont want to go without food today, or else poor me can't grow. Let's get to work now." He said as he pushed me out into the market from behind.

"Aish.... so rude!" I complained as i started through the crowds with the now 14-year-old Dongho by my side. As we walked, I felt stares on me, as usual. I smirked and continued to walk. "These fools... Doesn't know what happens to their valuables while staring at my beauty..." 

-After a while-

I grinned as i looked at the few pieces of valuables and money in my hand.

"Dongho-ah, what have you got there?"

"Hmm... quite a lot, some money, enough for a few meals." he replied. Even without turning my head to the side, i knew he was smirking.

Great, these combined could jolly well feed us a few meals at least.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

"Shouldn't you be keeping your hands to yourself kid?" He smirked.

"YAH! Who're you calling k-ki-i-dd..." I turned around as i came face to face with a huge muscled man. My sentence was meant to come out strong and fierce enough to scare whoever it was away. But i ended up stuttering the last word. Dang! He looked scary, cute, but more of scary. "I-i-don't know what you're talking about...."

He didn't say anything but grab onto my hand that was holding the valuables. I looked over to Dongho's side, wanting to tell him to run away first, but he too was caught by the stranger....

-----------------------------------------------------------TBC~------------------------------------------------------------------

How was this chapter? Please, comment on how I can improve! And how is the length of my chapters? Too long or too short?

And sorry that the story seems to be progressing too slowly (is it?)