Chapter 27 - Deadly Curses

You Stole My Heart

 

They returned back to Xanderland safely and everyone was happy that they had defeated the darkness, but had they really…?

-

They entered the palace to face a tearful Queen Xander who was being hugged by King Eli.

After going through a long lecture (and by that, I literally mean the whole afternoon was wasted) about how Kibum should never be apart from them ever again or he would be worried to death, the Queen FINALLY noticed their guest.

“Omo, is this our soon-to-be daughter-in-law??” Queen Xander squealed, almost too delightedly.

“Umma, how do you know…? o.O” Kibum asked, surprised.

“Oh we have our own means, Son.” King Eli answered for his Queen.

“Yes, your maj-” Kevin was cut off by Queen Xander. “Oh no, dear! Just call us Umma and Appa like how this brat does” he gestured at his son.

“Omo yeobo!” He returned to his seat beside King Eli’s and hugged his husband’s arm. “What an honor to have the dragon warrior as our princess! And he’s soooo pretty!” Kevin blushed at the compliment. “Almost as pretty as me!” Xander added conceitedly.

“Ahem,” Kibum fake-coughed and leant towards Kevin’s ear to whisper, “Don’t mind umma, he tends to be really whiny and over-excited.”

-

After Alexander had remembered to assign Kevin a room (after Kibum’s reminder -.-), Kevin was brought to a well-facilitated huge chamber which he never thought he’d ever be in.

Kibum wanted to follow Kevin into the room at first but figured he needed to have a good rest, in fact all of them had to after the long journey. Reluctantly, he left for his own room.

-

Kevin was lying down on the huge bed in the middle of his huge room but he could not fall asleep no matter how tired he was.

“This isn’t the last of me! I will get my revenge! And I will get the powers of the dragon warrior!!!”

This sentence kept ringing in his mind.

“This isn’t the last of me!”

“I will get my revenge!”

“This isn’t the last of me…”

Unknowingly, Kevin was sent into a deep slumber.

-

He ran as fast as he could, looking back occasionally to see if his attacker was still after him. From a distance, he could see that the dark silhouette was still tailing him. He ran and ran through the dark forest, pushing the twigs and branches of the trees out of his way.

“I told you that I would definitely be back!” The booming voice bellowed through night, making the twigs and leaves rustle.

In the silence of the night forest, only the crunching sound of heavy footsteps upon dried, wilted leaves were heard, along with desperate pants of air and occasional screams of a teenage boy.

Suddenly, and electric-like shock passed through his body and he bolted upwards.

-

Kevin found himself jerk up into a sitting position on his bed, sweating profusely. He was in his chamber in the palace. ‘Was it just a nightmare?’ He looked up to see the generals, King and Queen crowding around his bed, looking at him worriedly. He saw Kibum getting up from the floor at the other end of the room, HyungJun helping him up.

“Kevin, honey. Are you ok?” Came the soothing voice of Queen Alexander.

“W-What happened?” Kevin asked, still suffering from the shock from his nightmare.

Kibum approached him. “We found you muttering the deadliest curses in all of the history of magic while sleeping. There was a barrier around you and nobody could touch you. I barged in to hug you but you sent me flying across the room...”

---------------------------------------------------------TBC------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is a double update so check out the previous chapter first if you haven't :) And sorry for not updating fast.