Chapter 25 - Attacked

You Stole My Heart

(P.S Please read the A/N at the end (: Thx)

 “We’re under attack!”

All of us were thrown into a frenzy of panic and looked around warily. Just then, it struck.

“I’ll try to create a force field but it probably won’t be able to hold them off for long!” Oracle HanByul shouted.

However, not even a minute after it was created, it broke into pieces. The Oracle who was trying to sustain the force field received the strong impact and was thrown across the ground, spitting out blood.

“Umma!” KyuJong shouted and ran over to her side.

The once-bright sky was now covered with black clouds.

The atmosphere thickened as the feeling of suspense was rising within us.

“Kevin, Dongho, bring Oracle Hanbyul and KyuJong to hide.” Kibum ordered. He couldn’t risk their lives.

All of a sudden, a familiar black mist formed around them and slowly, the silhouettes of a horde of creatures appeared. Their eyes glowed yellow in the slight darkness that engulfed them.

The 5 boys were completely surrounded by the creatures and they stayed close to one another cautiously staring at the thick animate barrier that they were trapped in.

Hand us the dragon warrior” the low, growl-like voice spoke monotonously.

“Never.” It was more of a challenge than a statement.

They stared intensely at them and growled.

As if on cue, all of them charged towards the centre from all sides at the same time, nearly catching them off-guard.

The 5 of them immediately drew their swords and attacked. Or more so to defend themselves, since physical attacks didn’t have any impact on the creatures. Their wounds healed instantaneously. It stalled them some time to strategize their attack, but it didn’t help them much.

The huge creatures seemed almost unbeatable, nothing seemed to work on them. Plus, they defended their magic spells perfectly.

Two of those creatures were targeting Soohyun. A blow was directed at him but he managed to dodge it at the last moment and fell to the ground. Before he even had a chance to get up or know what was happening, the creature flung him and sent him flying until his back hit a tree trunk. His vision blurred as he slid down onto the ground with a thud. He felt his limbs go weak and the excruciating pain on his head and back until he finally out with blood flowing down his temples.

“Soohyun!” HyungJun ran towards the unconscious Soohyun without second thought. “Soohyun!” He shook the still body which showed almost no signs of waking up apart from his weak pulse.

“HyungJun! Watch out!” He turned back to the battlefield but it was too late. A magic spell hit him and sent him into a paralysed state before he received another attack. He couldn’t move, but he could feel the unbearable pain. He felt the strong impact on his head cause it to cave in as the pain travelled down his spine. With that, darkness engulfed him, leaving behind a bloody mess.

“HYUNGJUN!” JungMin screamed. “Damn it you bastards!” He fired every spell and attack he knew at the beasts in front of him.

“JungMin! Don’t act on impulse!” Kibum hissed, briefly taking a quick glance over at Jungmin before going back to his own situation.

Being  the headstrong bull (horse I mean :P) he was, he did not heed the Prince’s advice. He was too blinded by his fury because those monsters dared to even lay a finger on HIS HyungJun.

He wasted too much energy on his never-ending attacks – which didn’t even work on the creatures – and he was weakening very fast. So fast that he couldn’t even defend himself when it flung its arm at him, claws digging into his flesh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin had a bad feeling growing inside of him.

“I gotta go.”

“What? Kevin-hyung! Kibum-hyung told you to stay here!” Dongho shouted.

“Dongho, you don’t understand. I have to go out,” Kevin squeezed Dongho’s hand. “Whatever it is, don’t get out of here.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he arrived at the scene, he took in the bloody mess that met him. He felt queasy. He gasped when he realized how familiar the unconscious guys were.

Kibum and YoungSaeng were holding off the creatures all on their own. Even though they were obviously weakening by the minutes, they did not give up. Their arms and legs were already wobbly and shivering as sweat dripped off their foreheads.

Their attackers hadn’t yet noticed Kevin’s presence.

But that wasn’t for long.

The moment the creatures turned their sight to where the momentarily-dumbfounded Kibum’s gaze fell upon, Kevin knew he was found out.

They turned towards him, completely abandoning their attention on YoungSaeng and Kibum. Kevin wasn’t sure whether it was because of paranoia, but he swore he saw their eyes glow bright burning red for a moment.

He tried to run. Really, he did try to run, but suddenly, his legs felt too heavy to move. He couldn’t even take a step. His eyes shut themselves tight as he waited for his demise.

‘GOD!!! Just let me be one of your angels when I go up to heaven!’ he prayed silently.

Ten seconds passed…

Then twenty…

He didn’t feel anything.

Slowly, his eyelids fluttered open and he looked around, puzzled.

The creatures – around 6 or so – were firmly-bound by a thick glowing rope. He found the other end of the rope connected to his hand.

O_O

‘Damn -.- you should inform me when your powers are going to act up, dragon-warrior-powers, or angel-warrior-powers or whatever it is!’ Kevin made a mental note to his powers bottled up inside of him, not that he really expected an answer.

The creatures struggled furiously but surprisingly, the rope didn’t loosen one bit, it was still as firm as before.

“Kevin!” Kibum (*ahem* I have to get used to calling Kibum his fiancé from now on ;D) shouted, running over to him.

“Are you okay?” his soon-to-be husband asked worriedly, pulling Kevin into his embrace.

The younger one nodded into the other’s shirt.

“ahem,” Young Saeng faked coughed, breaking the couple’s moment.

“You know what? I’d hate to ruin your lovey dovey moment, but we have more important matters at hand.” The vampire rolled his eyes. “Look at those growling bastards now tied together like a huge dumpling! We can’t just leave them like that, they’ll escape!”

“Oh my GAWD!!! And the guys are dying!” Kiseop yelled, almost on the verge of tears, looking at the seemingly-dead bodies lying in their own pool of blood. He and YoungSaeng immediately ran to their sides.

As much as Kevin and Kibum would love to go and see their friends for probably the last time, Kevin was not comfortable with leaving the beasts unattended, and Kibum was not comfortable with leaving Kevin unattended, all alone with those beasts.

After a while, Kibum had an idea.

He noticed how the sun was never in sight when the darkness made its presence, and at that moment, the sky was all dark and cloudy. If only he could make the Sun appear…

“YoungSaeng-hyung! Can you form an illusion for the Sun to appear?”Kibum said to YoungSaeng telepathically. YoungSaeng seemed to be able to read his mind. “Right away.” YoungSaeng replied.

YoungSaeng looked like he was concentrating hard on something, before the dark clouds started to make way for the sunlight to slowly fill the area. The Sun was blinding at first and they had to squint for a few minutes to allow their eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness.

“ARGH!!!!” Groans and screeches of pain pierced the silence and they saw that the creatures were swallowed into tongues of fire.

At that moment, the darkness floated out of their bodies and tried to escape, but it was pulled back into the ring of fire.

“This isn’t the last of me! I will get my revenge! And I will get the powers of the dragon warrior!!!” The voice screamed in pain.

With that, the fire died down, leaving only ash behind.

Kevin stumbled into Kibum’s chest, unbelieving of what he had just witnessed.

“Come on, sweetie, let’s go check on the guys…” Kibum said softly.

Just then, Dongho, Oracle Hanbyul and KyuJong came running.

Dongho stopped in his tracks when he saw the severely injured men. His eyes watered.

“Soohyun-hyung…” his voice cracked as he whispered.

Nobody could imagine how Dongho was feeling then, they all knew that Soohyun was the closest to Dongho besides Kevin. In fact they acted like a couple.

Dongho was now knelt beside Soohyun’s body, shaking him. The tears that welled up in his eyes came rolling down.

“Kevin,” Hanbyul called, “You should be able to recover them. Just concentrate on making them well again.”

“I… I’ll try…” Kevin replied, he would do anything to recover them.

-------------------------------------------------------------TBC------------------------------------------------------------------ 

A/N: WILL.I.MAKE.THEM.DIE?? *dramatic music* DUH DUH DUH DUUUMMMM~ Here's a really looOOOooong chapter for you guys btw (:

Oh yeah~ And, i don't know whether this is good news or bad news, but I won't be writing U-KISS fics anymore after this. I know I said that i'd continue writing Kemaru and U-KISS but i really can't hold on anymore. It hurts so much, i haven't even gotten over it after so many months. I really hope you guys can respect my descision! Though, i WILL finish this fic no matter what. This i can promise (:

And after this, my fics will be DBSK couples as main and some Suju couples as sub-couples. Please do check them out in the future if you're interested!

Once again, a huge sorry to all my readers. D: And where are all my comments going? :( I get only 3 comments for each update now...