Chapter 14 - Mianhe... Jeongmal mianhada...

You Stole My Heart

Previously…

The Demon had brushed the hair off Kevin’s neck, fangs ready to sink into the pale white flesh of the crying boy any moment now. He kept his gaze on Kibum while slowly inching towards Kevin’s skin. The prince had to do something. He knew he had to…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘No, no, no… Kevin…’ Kibum thought as he shook in fear. Never in his life had he been this afraid of anything or anyone before.

Without thinking any further, he sprinted towards the Demon, only to get thrown back onto the ground. Meanwhile, the other 4 who were focusing and gathering all their strength on fighting back the hundreds of Vampires did not notice their prince who was now laying on the ground, coughing out blood.

Kevin cried harder at that sight. His heart felt like it was smashed into more than a million pieces. He couldn’t really explain the feeling, but at that moment, he felt like dying because Kibum was suffering because of him.

Suddenly, Kevin could feel cold teeth on his bare neck, and he gasped. Kibum opened his eyes wide in shock. He was just about to get back onto his feet when…

“HYUNJOONG!!!” A voice bellowed throughout the forest, and the Demon looked up. A strong gust of wind swept through the tall trees and in a few seconds, another of its kind appeared before him.

The generals and the pack of vampires were still fighting, just that most of their attention was on the new guy now. The new guy grabbed onto both of the Demon’s hands so tightly that he had to let his two hostages go. Immediately, Kevin and Dongho rushed to the Prince’s side and brought him to the side to rest.

Meanwhile, the new guy and the Demon were staring into each other’s eyes intensely, challenging each other. “YOUNGSAENG,” he hissed. “LET.GO.OF.ME.RIGHT.NOW!!!”

“No…HyunJoong…What happened to you…?” The vampire named YoungSaeng softened his gaze, but HyunJoong still glared at him as if he wanted to kill him.

It hurt YoungSaeng a lot… To see his once best friend turn into this…this… monster who doesn’t even acknowledge him, it hurt him deeply…and it terrified him. T-the….guy he…loved…. He could see HyunJoong’s eyes glow bright red in fury. He flinched.

Just then, Kibum realised something. Vampires…Each vampire had their own talent.  It’s been many hours since the sky got dark. The sun should have risen already… And yes, they have been in there for THAT long.

“An illusion…everything is an illusion… He-he’s an illusionist…” Kibum mumbled weakly. The two boys looked at him in confusion. “N-no time t-to explain…” He said while trying to get up, but he was too weak and fell back down.

At the same time, HyungJun, JungMin, Soohyun and Kiseop were still fighting the vampires. They were getting weaker and weaker every second. “W-we can’t hold them back anymore!” Kiseop yelled. They were all exhausted, unlike the vampires who were still as powerful. Vampires didn’t need to sleep, they never got tired. This just made everything harder for the 4 generals.

“NO, HYUNJOONG! Turn back while you still can!” YoungSaeng shouted, but it was useless. HyunJoong broke free from his grip and was about to attack him.

All of a sudden, as if his body started to act on its own, Kevin rose into the air and started to glow, lighting up the dark night forest. It was so bright that everyone had to close their eyes or they would go blind. The pack of vampires began to shriek as they were afraid of light.

Kevin mumbled a spell that even Kibum, the even the most knowledgeable in Xanderland didn’t know of. The night started to tremble and shake. Soon, the barrier shook even harder and shattered into pieces. Bright sunlight infiltrated the forest, while Kevin stopped glowing and fell limp onto the ground.

“Kevin!!!” Kibum immediately rushed to Kevin’s side even though he was still very weak.

At last, the exhausted generals could stop fighting. The pack of vampires shrilled in high-pitch voices and began to disintegrate under the strong sunlight. They blistered and burned, and continued shrilling in agony. Finally, they fell as dust on the ground. That was their end.

The tired men quickly headed towards Kibum, Kevin and Dongho, still shocked because of what happened. Wasn’t Kevin human? After this, they knew that he was not human, but what could he be…?

Their train of thoughts were interrupted when they focused back on HyunJoong and YoungSaeng, who did not disintegrate like the others as they were of a much higher status of vampires. These superior vampires have the ability to prevent such things from happening.

Now they could all see HyunJoong’s eyes glowing red, his mind clouded by fury. “HyunJoong…Don’t go on killing others anymore…I don’t want to have to make the drastic move…” YoungSaeng was practically begging HyunJoong to stop.

But of course, HyunJoong didn’t take heed and instead, began to attack YoungSaeng. “SHUT UP YOUNGSAENG! YOU DIDN’T COME WITH ME WHEN I ASKED YOU TO! YOU DIDN’T WANT TO HURT PEOPLE?!! I SAY, YOU’RE A COWARD! A COWARD, YOUNGSAENG! A DISGRACE TO ALL VAMPIRES!”

YoungSaeng was shocked and hurt even more by the mean words coming out from the mouth of the man he loved. His heart…The feeling that he felt in his heart was indescribable, the simplest word that he could use to describe it is… pain.

One hot tear rolled down his pale cheeks, then a second one, and a third. When he wasn’t paying attention, HyunJoong had sent him flying backwards, until his back hit a tree, he slowly slid down onto the ground.

That was it. He knew he wouldn’t be able to stop HyunJoong once and for all… unless…unless…

He mumbled something, voice cracking, before a weird wooden stake appeared in his hand. He got up slowly, carrying the piece of wood with him.

It was a stake made up of Blackthorne, Maple, Hawthorne, Buckthorne and Aspen. Usually, only one of these types of woods was used to exterminate a vampire. –Yes, he was going to exterminate HyunJoong. He had no other choice.– However, just one type of wood on a vampire as powerful as HyunJoong wouldn’t work.

Once the older vampire saw the other up on his feet, he, who didn’t see the stake, charged towards the younger one, only to stumble back again, looking at the stake stuck deep into his dead heart. He gasped.

YoungSaeng cried harder, covering his mouth with one hand, shocked because of what he did, while the other hand reached out for his love. It was too late. HyunJoong lay flat onto the ground, his eyes wide open, tears sparkling on his eyeballs.

YoungSaeng immediately rushed to kneel by the other’s side. He saw how the red in his eyes slowly faded away, his originally-dark brown eyes coming back. “HyunJoong… Mianhe… I had to do this.. I’m so sorry HyunJoong-ah…” He sobbed.

The almost-dying vampire lifted a hand to caress his face. “D-don’t blame y-yourself, YoungSaeng-ah. Y-you did right. I’m proud of you, YoungSaeng….” HyunJoong smiled weakly after saying that, tears also flowing down his cheeks.

He knew he had done his best friend wrong. He was too obsessed with his greed of power that he had come to the state he was in right now. Before he died, he just wanted to tell YoungSaeng one last thing…

YoungSaeng placed his hands on top of HyunJoong’s that was on his cheek, crying uncontrollably. “Y-youngSaeng-ah…I have something to tell you, something I never got a chance to do… I want to tell you before I…die…” he heard HyunJoongs faint voice. “I…love…you…Saranghae…” The said boy smiled a little, still sobbing as if the world had ended. Well, actually, the very moment without HyunJoong, it was the end of his world. “I love you too, HyunJoong, I love you too.” He cried.

HyunJoong’s faint smile widened now. As he caressed YoungSaeng’s cheek one last time, his smile vanished. His eyelids closed. He lay lifeless on the ground, and the hand that was once on his beloved’s face fell beside his dead body.

“HYUNJOONG!!!!!!!” YoungSaeng yelled, while he cried and wailed, letting out all the pain in his heart. He hugged HyunJoong’s limp body close to his chest and cried. “HyunJoong… I’m sorry…I’m really sorry!” He kept chanting over and over while holding the dead body in his embrace, crying his heart out…

-----------------------------------------------TBC------------------------------------------------

A/N: Haha! I'm really sorry! No Kemaru! XD Jeongmal Mianhada!

Just wanted you guys to know, most of the time, I write according to my emotions, so i don't really have a fixed plot. (:

I cried while writing this. LOL~ I'm just this really emotional person XD ALTHOUGH it isn't Kemaru, (i know most of you here are more of KissMes than TripleS), i still hope you like this update. ^^~