Chapter 15 - HyunJoong's story

You Stole My Heart

Previously…

“HYUNJOONG!!!!!!!” YoungSaeng yelled, while he cried and wailed, letting out all the pain in his heart. He hugged HyunJoong’s limp body close to his chest and cried. “HyunJoong… I’m sorry…I’m really sorry!” He kept chanting over and over while holding the dead body in his embrace, crying his heart out…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While YoungSaeng cried over his best friend, or almost-boyfriend’s death, Kibum, HyungJun, JungMin, Soohyun, Kiseop and Dongho were crowding around the unconscious Kevin. Dongho was on the verge of tears – heck, he didn’t even know WHAT his Kevin-hyung was! Nobody knew, actually.

Kibum was racking his brains, trying to find out what on earth Kevin could be – what creature could possibly hide its magical aura? He was probably the one who worried about Kevin the most. Afterall, he did love Kevin and he decided that he was going to confess to Kevin after he wakes up… But he was unsure and nervous about whether the boy would return the feeling…

Soohyun pulled Dongho into his embrace when the younger had burst out into tears. Dongho fisted his hands and cried into Soohyun’s shirt, but the general didn’t mind one bit. He just hated to see him cry, he loved to see that smile as bright as sunshine.

HyungJun didn’t know what to do and was tearing up too, seeing their weak prince and the crying Dongho. In fact, all of them were weak because they used too much energy and magic to hold back the Vampires. JungMin wrapped his arm around his waist and earned a glare from him.

Kiseop was walking back and forth, thinking of what happened just a while ago. Everything was just all too eventful.

Slowly, YoungSaeng stopped crying and he wiped away the tears on his face which he told himself, would be his final tears for the late HyunJoong. He knew HyunJoong wouldn’t want him to be sad, HyunJoong wouldn’t want him to blame himself for his death. HyunJoong would want him to move on…

Laying the body down onto the ground, he slowly stood up and walked towards the group of boys who were so worried about Kevin. He knelt down beside the boy and everyone looked at him. He waved his hand over Kevin’s peaceful face and whispered something.

“Don’t worry so much, I don’t know what creature he is, but he fainted due to too much exertion of his powers. He should wake up soon” His voice was coarse from all the crying.

The boys were less worried now and nodded, expressing their gratitude. “Thank you.” The prince said. YoungSaeng smiled weakly in reply.

By that time, the generals had more or less gained back most of their energy.

Dongho stopped crying and rubbed his red, puffy eyes cutely. Soohyun chuckled at the cute boy and ruffled his hair, making the boy pout. “Soohyun-hyung~” he whined, making everyone chuckle.

Suddenly, they heard a groan and they immediately looked in the direction of the sound. They saw Kevin starting to wake up. “Wha-what happened?” He asked while getting into a sitting position.

“OMG KEVIN!!! YOU WOKE UP!!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GONER!” Kiseop cried out dramatically and pretended to wail. “Uh… I’m fine Kiseop...” Kevin answered, awkwardly scratching his head.

“YAH! KISEOP! KEVIN JUST WOKE UP! DON’T ANNOY HIM!” Kibum yelled.

“What? I’m not annoying him! I’m worried about him! W-O-R-R-I-E-D!!!” Kiseop spelt out and thrashed his arms in the air.

“You’re giving him a headache, drama-queen!”

“WHAT??” Kiseop turned to Kevin. “Kevin, you know I’m worried about you right?” he said in a confident tone.

Before Kevin could even say anything, “Kebinnie! You find him annoying right? He’s giving you headaches isn’t he?” Kibum whined.

Kevin only smiled even more awkwardly and was thinking of what to say. ‘God, save me…’

“ENOUGH!” everyone spun their heads around to look at HyungJun. “BOTH of you are giving ALL of us headaches!!!” he yelled. He closed his eyes and massaged  his temples. JungMin immediately took the chance and scooted to hug HyungJun before turning to the others, pouting. “You gave my baby a headache!”

HyungJun blushed and glared at him as if lazer beams were going to be shot out from his eyes. “Who’s your baby?”

Everyone burst out laughing. Soohyun and Dongho were sitting side-by-side, like watching a movie. They were laughing and clapping at the hilarious couples in front of them.

For the first time since HyunJoong died, YoungSaeng could forget about all the pain and laughed along with them. This group of guys were really fun to be with, he decided.

“Why have you come to this god-forsaken place, may I ask?” YoungSaeng thought it was weird since hardly anyone passed by.

“We are on a quest to search for the oracle. A while ago, we had encountered a strange aura. It kept lingering around Kevin. However, no one knows what it is, or even whether it is good or evil.” Kibum said.

And as if a ghost had just landed in front of YoungSaeng, his eyes widened. The others saw his weird reaction and started to get worried. “Y-youngsaeng-ssi, are you alright?”

YoungSaeng returned to reality and seemed quite hesitant to speak, but he did.

“HyunJoong wasn’t this monster at first… He was a really nice guy… He didn’t believe in you know… Vampires being bad and all… But one day, when me and him were walking in the forest, this dark aura, like you mentioned, appeared out of nowhere and approached us. It was shapeless. It tried to coax us into helping him, guaranteeing unlimited and unimaginable power…

At first, HyunJoong refused and tried to get us away, but that aura cast a spell on him, making him lose his senses. He was as if possessed and became a monster. A power-hungry monster who would do anything for this thing called power.

That aura tried to go after me too, but I managed to get away.”

“YoungSaeng-ssi, since we have a common goal in mind, why don’t you go with us to see the oracle?” Kibum suggested. He knew that the other guys was thinking about that. Furthermore, although YoungSaeng is a vampire, Kibum trusted him.

---------------------------------------------------TBC-------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for this crappy chapter! Have not been feeling well these few days. The stress from the chain of tests are getting to me. Had a severe headache over the weekends that made my head throb like no tomorrow... And tears kept flowing down uncontrollably, WITHOUT REASON. Freaky... xD