Chapter 39

The Presidential Son: Senior Year

 

Narrator’s POV
 

Haerin brushed her hair and fixed her clothes then she opened the door. She found L.joe looking at her. He was already dressed in a pair of black jeans, a white shirt and gray cardigan.

“You’re late.”

“Wha~”

“We have to survey the place today? What kind of partner~”

“Oh right, give me fifteen minutes.” Haerin smiled. L.joe rolled his eyes and waved her off.

 

 

Haerin went down clad in a pair of denim jeans, a chiffon high low blouse and a pair of loafers.

“We’re going to have to walk today, Byunghun. We can’t do a survey while we’re inside a car.” She said as she fixed her bag. L.joe nodded.

“Hoya oppa!” She called. Hoya’s head popped out from the door of his room.

“I have to go now.”

“Lunch with me later!” He called out. Haerin nodded and went out.

 

Your POV

 

“Are you close with all of Myungsoo’s friends?” Byunghun asked as we started walking to the business area of the place.

I nodded.

“We get along well.”

“I’m guessing, are you an only girl?”

“Correct.”

“Who grew up with mostly guy friends?”

I chuckled.

“Yup.”

“Good thing you didn’t go lesbo.”

“Ya!”

 

After going around the small stores and asking the ahjummas to answer our survey we stopped by a pat bing soo stall.

“Myungsoo doesn’t like this.” I said.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Myungsoo doesn’t like this.” Haern mused. L.joe’s brows furrowed.

“He doesn’t like sweet stuff that much.” Haerin nodded and took a spoonful.

“How…do you guys….go out?”

“You mean, him being the first son and all?” Haerin looked at him. L.joe nodded.

“Sometimes, our plans get cancelled, there are times when we just order take out.”

“Doesn’t that…get tiring?”

“A little, but that doesn’t matter.” Haerin smiled.

“Myungsoo sacrificed a lot for me.” She nodded.

Byunghun looked away with an unreadable expression on his face.

“But, Byunghun you remind me of an ice block. No expressions and all.” Haerin blurted. L.joe grinned at her.

tumblr_m6t9qeZmHB1qgkz7eo3_250.gif

“Elaborate then.” He nodded.

 

Myungsoo sat on the grass as his group gathered around for the data collection. Sehun plopped beside him.

“Do you miss Rinnie?” He asked bluntly. Myungsoo chuckled.

“I do.”

 

They walked out of the store; L.joe was still a little troubled. Haerin knew a lot about him already and it bothered him.

“Haerin, wait.” He instinctively pulled her wrist. Haerin looked at him with questioning eyes. L.joe blinked back and let go.

“Wae?”

“About last night, I~”

“Are you worried that I’ll tell?” She smiled. L.joe looked down. Haerin chuckled and playfully hit his shoulder.

“Seriously? Is that all you take me for?” She laughed. L.joe looked at her.

“Don’t worry, I wont tell on you.” She nodded then went back to walking. L.joe smiled to himself.

“Thank you.” L.joe said.

 

Your POV

 

“Something’s been bothering you.” Hyorin plopped beside me. I pulled out my earphones from my ears.

“You know you can tell me anything right?” She smiled.

“Fine.”

She grinned.

“It’s about Myungsoo.”

“What about L?”

“He seems different nowadays, it’s like….well, we fought because he thought that I had feelings for someone else.”

“Well, its normal for guys to be jealous, miss Park.”

“Aniya, its not like that. It’s like he doesn’t trust me.” I bit my lip.

“He does trust you, all he needs is just a…reassurance.”

I looked at her.

“You tend to be really kind to everyone, from goons like those new guys to really ugly hoobaes~”

“Hyorin.” I gave her a look. She chuckled.

“You treat everyone nicely, and it frustrates him.”

“So are you saying that I should be rude?”

I felt her flick my forehead.

“Just give him assurance, Rinnie. Put yourself in his shoes, if you had a boyfriend who has girl bestfriends, wont you be at the edge always?”

I bit my lip.

“Just show the ice prince some love.” She chuckled.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++