Choices

I'll Remember for Both of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(BOM POV)

I stand there listening to his mother narrate everything. At first, I was surprised that she said that it was my fault but after hearing everything, I instantly felt guilty. It really was something I did. I broke our promise and it led us to this moment. I know I don’t deserve him. I know he’ll be better off without me. I love him but I can’t bear to see him have conflicts with his family just because of me.

“I’m so sorry” I couldn’t say it out loud because I’ve been trying hard to hold back my tears. Top looked at me with confusion.

“It’s my entire fault… I was the one who broke our promise. I’m sorry.” was the last I said before I ran off from their house, tears finally escaping my eyes.

I realized how selfish I was. I have hurt Top and he didn’t deserve any of it. I broke his heart when I left for the States and I even more hurt him when I sent him that e-mail.

I said I was never coming back. I shouldn’t have been surprised to see that he forgot about me when I returned. I deserved that – he should have just forgotten about me completely. I was so selfish doing all sorts of things to make him remember about me. I’m only bringing him more pain.

I reached for the knob and locked myself inside my house as I continued to cry. A few minutes passed and I heard a knock on my door. I knew it was Top. I stood up from the floor and turned to the door. I couldn’t make myself open it. I don’t have the face to show him. I placed a palm on the door as I cried knowing that the man I loved was just outside.

“Bommie, talk to me… Open this door… please” His pleading voice breaks my heart. I feel so guilty because things should be the other way around. I should be the only pleading for him to come back to me. I should be the one asking for forgiveness for breaking our promise, for giving up on us so easily.

“Bom... don’t do this, open up” his voice rising and he’s becoming impatient…

Soon, the knocks died down. I sighed. Top, I’m really, really sorry. I don’t deserve your love.

(TOP POV)

I stopped knocking and just sat on the ground, leaning on her door. She wasn’t opening up and I could only think of reasons why. I want to talk to her… I need to talk to her. I need to let her know that what she heard my mom say has no effect on me. It doesn’t matter. I just love her too much to even think about it.

I chose you Bommie. I just need you to choose me back.

After having a good cry, I stood up, took one last glance at her door before finally walking away. I heard the door click open and it caused me to look back. She was there standing at her door step trembling and crying. She need not say anything. I rushed to her and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter