Before

I'll Remember for Both of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She walked back home and passed by, once again, TOP’s house. It became her habit looking at it and checking if he’s there – tonight, he wasn’t. She can’t forget the look on his face when he pulled away from her hug. Her heart broke into pieces for he can’t remember her. Why? Why doesn’t he remember? What about our promise? she thought.

It’s been a week and she hasn’t seen him again. Is he not living with his parents anymore? She couldn’t gather up the courage to knock on their door and ask his parents on his whereabouts. She just walked on home and drowned herself with thoughts of him.

With her relatives living in the States and friends not knowing of her return, she was alone. In the silence of the night, loneliness was her only company. She looked at her finger and smiled bitterly at her ring on.

“You silly, how could you have forgotten about me? You even got me this stupid ring and told me to wear it all the time so that when I look at it, I’ll remember you” She talked to him as if he’s right there.

“Funny, you were so scared I’d forget about you and got me this but in the end, I’m the one you’ve forgotten.” Tears have flowed from her eyes now. She couldn’t bear the thought that TOP really had forgotten about her.

“I miss you so much TOP!” Her cry is even louder now as it echoes inside the house. The pain in her heart drowned her emotions and she wanted so badly for that pain to stop. She held her hand close to her heart caressing the ring he gave her. She wanted to see him again and hold him.

She curled up in her bed, trying to suppress the feeling of sadness and pain that’s draining what’s left of her energy. She closed her eyes and thought of the day she was happiest with him.

FLASHBACK

>> 7 years ago<<

Bom looked outside the window of their house. A new neighbor will be living next door. She looked at the big truck carrying the furniture of the new occupants. Behind that truck was a car. She thought they must be the new owner. She was about to put aside her curiosity when she noticed a boy come out of the car. She immediately became excited to have him as her friend.

The Next they, when the new neighbor was settled, Bom’s family went over to their house to welcome them. The new occupants, they have come to know as the Choi’s, greeted them and let them in. The two families easily became friends.

As her parents were busy talking with their new neighbor, she tried to come to know their son. He wasn’t in the living room that time so she decided to look for him. She went to his room but he’s not there. She was about to give up her search and go back and sit beside her parents when she finally saw him sitting on the ground in the yard.

“Hi” she called after him. He heard her but he chose to ignore her call. She moved closer to where he is. “What are you doing?” she said as she peeked through his back.

“Nothing. Go away!”He said coldly, irritated by her intrusion.

“What are you angry for? I just came by to say hi, hoping to be your friend”

“I don’t need friends. I don’t want friends” he said coldly, still not looking at her.

“Really? What are you, an alien?” she chuckled, finding humor in her words.

He glared at her and almost lost his temper... “You’re the alien!” he shouted, only loud enough for the two of them to hear.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter