One at a Time

I'll Remember for Both of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(TOP POV)

I’m lying on my bed, feeling a little bored. What am I going to do for this day? The house was deafeningly silent. I somehow missed Dara’s non-stop blabber, making me do this and that. I also missed Jiyong’s presence. This house seemed too empty now that the two are gone. They must be at the villa now and probably already know that I’m not coming. I know Dara wouldn’t be happy about this. But I also know that after the whole day is over, she’ll even thank me…

Suddenly, my doorbell rang. Who could that be? Don’t tell me they came home because I wasn’t coming. Aisht Dara! It took me awhile to get to the door. I didn’t expect someone to be here this early anyway. I opened my door and she was there, standing at my doorstep. What is she doing here? I mean, why did she come here? I could only stare at her, and I was left astounded by her sudden visit.

“Good Morning To—Seunghyun-shii” she stuttered with her greeting but succeeded in getting my attention. I shake my head and looked at her…

“Oh, you… Bom right? What…. What are you doing here?” It’s all I came up with since I really didn’t know what to say…

“I received a call from Jiyong… He asked me to come and look after you because Dara is worried…” Right. She’s best friends with both Jiyong and Dara... But Jiyong called her? Is he trying to set me up with her? Oh, that sneaky brat!

“Aisht! Dara! I knew she’d be mad at me for tricking her into that vacation… I’m sorry I didn’t mean for them to trouble you. You really don’t have to do this. I can take care of myself” Really embarrassing. She must think of me as a pathetic little kid.

“No, it’s no trouble at all. Well, I’m here already, aren’t you going to ask me in?” She said.

Aisht! Stupid TOP, why are you being nervous all of a sudden? “Oh… but… I’m sorry… Of course, come in” I said and led her inside the house.

She looked around a bit then headed toward the sofa. What am I going to do? I can’t just send her away after her effort to come here to visit me.*Sigh* I shifted my gaze to her and I saw her smile. She looks so cute when she smiles… But why did she do that suddenly? What is she thinking?  I went over and sat across her. We just stared at each other both clueless of what we’re going to do next. There was an awkward silence and I couldn’t take it anymore.

“I’ll get us something to eat. Do you want anything?” I stood up to leave but she beat me to it...

“Hey, I’m the one who should be doing that. I’m the one who’s supposed to take care of you, so sit down. I’ll get us something” she said, stopping me from leaving.

“But…” I tried to argue only to be cut off by her again.

“No Buts… Let me do this. I don’t want Dara to be mad at me for being a lousy substitute.”

I couldn’t do anything anymore. I sat back on the sofa and watched her walk away. I stared at her as she walked with her back facing me… I find the scene familiar that a memory flashed back in my head…

*FLASHBACK*

I stood there by my doorstep and watched her walk away. Tears flowed from my face seeing her go but I didn’t dare stop her.

A girl was walking away from me… In my vision, I was crying and I wanted to stop that little girl from walking away.

*END FLASHBACK*

That scene keeps on repeating in my mind. I kept wondering why that sudden flashback happened when I was just looking at Bom as she walks away from me to go to the kitchen. I remember what the doctor mentioned, seeing similar or familiar events trigger my memories to come and flash in my thoughts. I silently wish for my memories to return so just to stop having these kinds of headache.

(BOM POV)

I went to the kitchen and prepared something for his breakfast. I just fried some bacon and eggs and made French toast. I’ve prepared pineapple juice as well. I finished setting the table so I went back to call for him to eat. I saw him in the living room staring blankly ahead with a creased forehead and hands clenched into fists.

He’s upset about something. I know too well his body movements and facial expressions and I know this one too. A part of me wanted to rush to his side to comfort him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter