Substitute

I'll Remember for Both of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having been discharged from the hospital, Top spends most of his time with Dara and Jiyong. He really didn’t want Dara to take care of him that way since they just got back together and he knows they would want to spend it with each other; but he really couldn’t stop Dara. They’ve been best friends for so long that taking care of each other is already in their nature.

Top sensed Jiyong being jealous of the attention that Dara is giving him.  I must do something. Dara wouldn’t stop trying to take care of me. I have to do something to make them have their time together.

“I think, I’ll have to listen to the doctor and go on vacation” Top said.

“A vacation? Okay. When? We’re coming with you” she asked as soon as he said it. What the?! She’ll still come with me for a vacation? What am I, a toddler? Oh, great. I know what to do…

 “Let’s go this weekend at my villa” He said. “I’ll give you the directions and I’ll meet you there”

“Okay.” Dara said enthusiastically.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 (TOP POV)

 I saw how Jiyong looked when Dara responded to my invitation for a vacation. I initially thought to go alone but I know Dara would be persistent like that. Fortunately, I quickly thought of a plan.

After we’ve agreed on going on a vacation, Dara excused herself and went to the kitchen to prepare for our dinner. Yes, she even prepares the food I eat!They are practically living in my house now. Jiyong and I was left in the living room. I took the chance to tell him my plan.

“Jiyong, I’m so sorry about this” I said

“Hey, there’s no need to apologize. You’re Dara’s best friend and you’re important to her. Whoever is important to her is important to me as well. We’re here to support you and help you.”

“Thank you Jiyong”

(Jiyong POV)

I hope you recover your memories… I hope you remember Bommie... I thought as I gave Top a smile.

“Jiyong… about the vacation…” Top started.

“Hmm? What about it?” I asked.

“I plan to make it a vacation for the two of you. Consider this as my saying ‘thank you’ to you for understanding my relationship with Dara. She’s like family to me and I want her to be happy.” He told me.

“I should be the one thanking you, Seunghyun. You have helped us in every way you can. Especially Dara. You have taken good care of her during those times that I wasn’t there. Your relationship with her is something I understand and I’d love to keep it like that.” I replied.

“If you really want to thank me, just please make her happy and don’t ever hurt her. You should now, if anything happens to her, you’re gonna get it from me.” He warned.

“I won’t. You can rest assured that I’ll be by her side from now on.”  I said. “…and about that, I might have to trouble you into helping me…”

“What are you planning to do?”

I told Seunghyun my plan on proposing to Dara. I asked him to keep from Dara the fact that he wasn’t going to be there to spend the vacation with us. I don’t think Dara would want that since all that’s she’s thinking about lately is how to take care of her best friend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter