Full Truth

I'll Remember for Both of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's another UPDATE. Sorry for updating late...  I love you all.. Thanks for patiently waiting! Enjoy <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(TOP POV)

What? What do you mean I can’t?! My ideal day; the supposedly happiest day of my life; how could it turn out to be my worst nightmare? I shifted stares from Bom to my parents trying to figure out why that happened. Am I missing something? Bom was as shocked as I was when we heard Umma say those words.

Umma was the last person I thought of being a hindrance to my marriage. I even remember her, pushing me to go on blind dates just for me to find a girlfriend. How could she possibly say these things to me now?

She was crying but the intensity of her gaze tells me that the cause of her tears was neither happiness nor sadness. I could sense the anger with that piercing look. This confused me even more. I couldn’t figure out the reason behind her anger. The room had been quiet and only sobs from Umma can be heard. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“What do you mean? Why can’t I marry Bom? Why are you saying this?” I asked Umma, hoping she’ll put an end to my curiousity.

“She… That girl… You almost died because of her. How can you marry her?” She screamed, letting out all her frustrations.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, astounded with her revelation. Her words didn’t help at all to lessen the growing confusion in my head.

“You don’t understand, Seunghyun. Your accident… It was because of her that you had an accident. It was because of her that you lost all your memories. I swore that if you make it out of that hospital, I’d keep you away from her” she said within her cries.

Ummas words stuck deep in my heart. What she’s saying about Bom can’t be true. How could she be the reason for everything that’s happened to me? How could Umma accuse her that? I was the one who broke our promise. I was the one who forgot about her. I was the one who made her suffer.

I looked at Bom and she remained glued to where she’s standing. Tears are beginning to well up in her eyes.

“All of us. We saw how you suffered and get by each and every day since she left. It was something inevitable – you two parting ways. Still, even when both of you are miles apart, she remained to be the only person who could make you smile. We let you stay that way since you were still young that we thought that you’ll soon get over her and move on.”

My mother’s words aren’t of any help. Instead of making things clear for me, I grew more confused; but then, I listened intently for I wanted to know more. This is the first time my mom is speaking about this and I want to know why she kept it from me all these years.

“That Night…” she began

*FLASHBACK*

(Mrs. Choi POV)

“Honey, I’m home” I called for top after coming home from work but there was no response from him. I went to my room and found my husband still not home. I thought maybe my boys are out together. I went downstairs to go to the kitchen and prepare their dinner when the door suddenly clicked open. Coming in was my husband – alone.

“You’re home. Where’s Seunghyun?” I asked

“He must be in his room. I just went out to buy some groceries. Did you check?”

“Oh Right! I didn’t check yet. I thought immediately that he was out with you when I came to our room and found you gone. I’ll go over there”

I came to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter