Her Thoughts

I'll Remember for Both of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Foreword was TOP's POV. This chapter is BOM's thoughts on that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> 1 year after Bom’s graduation <<

(BOM POV)

We were having dinner at home one night. My mother and father are both doubtfully quiet. I looked back and forth at them trying to decipher their thoughts. They looked at me with worry in their eyes and right then, I knew something’s up.

“What is it?” I asked “I know there’s something you want to tell me, so just say it.”

My parents both sighed and nodded

“We’re leaving for the States, Bom” mom  told me. I was surprised to hear it but I just continued asking.

“When?”

“2 months from now” they answered

“Oh, that soon?” I sighed.”I’m really going to miss you both” I smiled.

“…but don’t worry about me. I can handle myself. I’ll be in a university dorm anyway so I wouldn’t be alone” I continued. My parents looked confused with everything I was saying and they spoke up to clarify.

“ Bommie, when I said ‘WE’, I meant the three of us” mom said. My eyes widen from shock upon hearing the news. “You really didn’t think we’d leave our daughter behind eh?” father continued.

“But…” I was left speechless and immediately thought of the people I’d be leaving behind. Actually, there only was one person I thought of – TOP!

“Honey, I know, it’s sudden but we already decided to live there for good. Since you already graduated from high school, you can continue studying there.”

I hate leaving. I really don’t like the idea of going away and leaving someone behind. Being an orphan, I had my share of that. The person who gave birth to me did that – and I really hated it. However, right now, I just really hate leaving; because even if I wasn’t being left behind, I’ll be the one to go and leave Top.

I stared blankly at the dining table motionless. I couldn’t say ‘no’ to my parents because I’ve always felt grateful for them for raising me and giving me a beautiful life. I know this is even one of those things I should be grateful for – them giving me a chance to study abroad and do great things in the future.

“Oh… Okay” I smiled weakly at my parents and excused myself to go to my room.

I stared blankly at my ceiling as I lay in bed that night. I couldn’t sort out my feelings. I don’t know if I’m happy or not about the fact that I’ll be leaving for the states soon. I thought of Top and how I’ll break the news at him. I couldn’t tell him. I don’t know if I’ll be able to say goodbye to him.

 

2 months have passed by quickly. I have been avoiding Top since then that I haven’t talked to him at all. I only have 2 days left and I haven’t said a proper goodbye to him. I couldn’t have the courage I need to face him. I hate goodbyes, I’m not gonna do it.

The next day… I went over to his house and knocked on their door. He was the one who answered and I was too shocked that all I did was stare until he called back my attention.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter