Her Return

I'll Remember for Both of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Some scenes and ideas might be familiar/repeated. (Since this is a story connected to The Way We Were)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> Year 2006 (Present) <<

(BOM POV)

I walked out of the platform and breathed the air. I’m home. It’s been a long time. I never thought I’d be here. I gathered my luggage and hailed for a cab to take me home. I don’t know if I should feel regretful for coming back. My entire family is living in the states and yet, I chose to be here.

The cab dropped me in front of our house. It looked old like how an abandoned house should be. I sighed heavily with the sight in front of me. You’ll have to start all over again, Bom. I said to myself.

I just graduated college after 5 years of studying. I waited that long to be able to return home. Back then, every night, I cried myself to sleep. I was very sad and always wanting to go home. My parents and I agreed that when I do finish college, just then, they’ll allow me to go back.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my family so much and I am thankful for them for everything they’ve done for me. They have changed my life. I could still remember…

*FLASHBACK*

“Ssantoki!!! Don’t eat that! It’s Dirty!” a 3-year-old Bom, scolded her best friend Dara…

“Aigoo… I’m sorry Bommie Unnie. It just looks so delicious.” little Dara pouted.

“What would you be without me, huh?” Bom said, ruffling Dara’s hair

“Ok, kids, we’re going over to the playroom today.” Sister Cherry called after the children under her care in the orphanage. The children already knew what “playroom” meant. It means another kid is going to be adopted and will be leaving soon. In the playroom, the two girls chatted.

“I hope we get adopted, eh? I really want to call someone my Omma and Appa” Bom told Dara.

“Well, what I wish is that maybe, they adopt us both so we could be sisters.”

“It’s possible but let’s not get our hopes high”

Bom was busy munching on her corn when a couple approached her. They must be the new parents today. Are they looking at me because they want me? she thought. She smiled at them, showing them her teeth which was filled with bits of corn.

“She’s really cute, honey. We’ve always wanted a girl right?”

*END FLASHBACK*

The kind of family I’ve always wanted and dreamed of, I already have now. They have taken very good care of me, gave me everything I needed and they treated me like their own child. I am very happy being part of that family that’s why it broke my heart to leave them.

I sighed as I recall these past memories and entered the house. I went over the furniture covered with white sheets and dust and started cleaning up. This will take a while.

 

(Narrator POV)

After a couple of hours, she laid back on the sofa, too tired from the entire workout. She was so exhausted and with her eyelids dropping, she succumbed to sleep.

***

“I’ll never forget you. I’ll come back for you” she told him

 “You’re one person I could never forget. I’ll wait for you” he answered back holding on to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter