Epilogue

I'll Remember for Both of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He closed his notebook and placed it on her bedside table. He smiled seeing her sound asleep with memories of their unconditional love.

“Dream of me, my love.” He whispered in her ear before he stood up and reached for his cane.

The old man walked shakily toward the outside of her bedroom. He passed by the nurses’ station and looked for the way to the exit.

“Mr. Choi, I see you’ve come to visit your wife again. Is she feeling better?” the common nurse greeted.

“Yes, she is very well today – didn’t throw a tantrum.” He chuckled at his response.

“That’s very good to hear. How about you then, how are you holding up?”

“I’m doing great. I just want to see her. I love to see her every day. She’s like a source of strength for me.”

“That’s good then. Just don’t miss on taking up your meds, arasso?”

“Neh...”

The two parted and Top walked toward the institution’s garden. Squinting his eyes; he tried to read the signs on the walls for directions. He reached the garden and felt the cold breeze of the night. He sat on the bench, looked up to the sky and closed his eyes.

His thoughts flew back to the days where he and Bom were happy spending days and nights together. He thought of their honeymoon – their first night as husband and wife. Shortly after, Bom was pregnant and gave birth to their daughter Ali.

He smiled thinking about his family. They were his life and they are the people who brought him joy. They have spent every day together as a family and those days were filled with love and happiness.

“I’ll remember for both of us, Bom” He said before going back to his bed in a room of the same institution.

Next morning, as part of his daily routine, he went to the path leading to Bom’s room. He stood planted on the ground as he heard glass shatters accompanied by screams and cries he was very familiar with.

“Get out of here!!!

What am I doing here?! What is this place?!

NOOOO! Don’t touch me!! Don’t touch me!!!

Geeeet OUUUUT!!!

He sighed. It was another one of her episodes and he knew he won’t be allowed to see her today. He retreated and went back to his room.

*FLASHBACK*

The couple went home after going to the grocery store. They were chuckling and laughing at each other – it was another fun day they’ve shared.

“Can’t wait to see and play with Ali. I hope her nanny didn’t send her to sleep yet” Bom told her husband.

“What? It’s so late already. I’ll have to fire that nanny if I see Ali awake at this time” he said and they both laughed.

They reached the door and it was Bom who’s supposed to open the door since Top was carrying loads of grocery bags.

“Baby, where are the keys? OMO! I can’t find them…” Bom said, looking at her husb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter