Chapter 6 |Take care

Fighting the Test

 

It was suffocating with the pushing and the fans shouting and screaming for their “Oppa's"attention. I blew a raspberry as I eyed the long queue on fan girls that were still waiting for their turn to let the boys sign their things.

Being a rookie, I was quite impressed to see that the boys were handling these things well. They conversed naturally with their fans and even though the fans would get over excited at times, they handled it well, surprisingly.

I couldn’t help but snicker when they did their fan-service towards the camera that the fans were holding. Seeing how Jongin would act all cutesy and adorable when a fan asked a picture of him, made me burst into laughter. I’ll just use this against him later.

Finally after somewhat felt like an eternity, the event finally ended, leaving the fans who didn’t get to talk to their “oppas” groan in disappointment. EXO-K stood in a line on the stage as they took turn in talking through the microphone.

Just when Baekhyun passed the microphone to Kyungsoo, I heard a subtle sound of my ringtone. I hurriedly search for my phone through all of the useless things in my handbag. "Hello?" I could hear my mother’s voice through my phone, filled with anger and panic.

My blood boiled in anger as the words came out of . I muttered a curse under my breath. "What? Again?" I groaned and raked my fingers through my hair. "Yes. Yes, I know. I’ll be there." I bit my lips in frustration and turned around.

I was about to turn to a corner when I spotted a familiar figure sitting at the bench. I look through my handbag for a pen and a paper. After writing what I wanted, I sprinted towards the said guy.

 

I arrived in front of the hospital slightly out of breath from the running. "I’ll kill him for making me run." I muttered as I straightened up and made my way towards the reception counter. I’ve been here way too much that even the nurse behind the counter recognized me.

She gave me a sympathetic smile and told me his ward number. "Thank you, Unnie." I said and rushed off towards his ward.

Right from outside, I could hear the sound of my mother sobbing. I rolled my eyes and turned the knob. Their attention turned to me and my mother immediately rushed towards my side, hugging me. I sighed and pat her back in a soothing manner. "Why don’t you go outside and relax while I talk to him?" I glared at the person what was lying on the bed.

My mother nodded and wiped away her tears. "No, Mom! Don’t leave! Noona’s going to kill me!" But his pleas were ignored when I slightly pushed my mother out of the room. I turned my head at him and heaved out a sigh.

"You! How many times have I told you? Stop hanging out with those good-for-nothings but what did you do? You ignored me. And look what you’ve became?" I said, gritting my teeth, trying to suppress my anger.

I could see the younger boy glaring back at me but I know too well that he’s scared of me. He mumbled something but wasn’t loud enough for me to hear. "What did you just say?’"I furrowed my eyebrows. He made a face, "Nothing."

I took a deep breath, trying not to kill my own brother. "Look, Minki. Doesn’t it hurt to see mom crying every time you turned out like this? Don’t you feel a little tinge bit of guilt, at least?" I pulled a chair to sit beside the bed.

"How old are you now – what 13? 14?" I asked. "Fifteen." He answered. I felt a slightlytaken a back when I found out he’s already fifteen but I shrugged it away. "Right. You’re only fifteen. And now you are, lying on the bed with bruises and cuts all over your body. The ones you got from the fight before didn’t even heal yet.’" I started to wave my hands all over the place – a habit that I does whenever I get all hyped up.

I saw he rolled his eyes and I tried hard not to choked him right there and then. "I’m sorry, Noona."  He said softly. I softened and ruffled his hair. "Noona loves you. You know that, right?’"He rolled his eyes but smiled anyway.  

"Now, get out. I need to sleep." I stared at him in disbelief as he turned his back to me. "Fine." I groaned and made a face. I kissed his cheek and got an immediate response from him. "Eww, Noona! That’s disgusting." He wiped the spot that I kissed him. I laughed "That’s what you get for kicking me out."

 

(Third person’s point of view)

The EXO-K members bowed as they thanked the fans for coming to their fan signing event. The members took their sweet time to get off the stage while D.O was the only who’s excited to leave the place.

He was the first one to leave the stage not before waving and giving flying kisses towards the fans. He was about to leave the backstage when he was stopped by the manager. "Wait for the others." He ordered. D.O sighed and impatiently tapped his feet.

"How can you guys be so slow?" He complained as the other members got off the stage. "What’s with you?" Suho questioned. "His pretty little girlfriend is waiting for him." Sehun answered Suho’s question. "Enough talking, let’s go." D.O started to get irritated.

When they went out of the building, fans started to scream and flashes started to go off. D.O wasn’t used to it at first but he’s trying hard to cope with people recognizing him everywhere he goes. He stretched his neck, trying to find for any sign of Mirae but failed when there were too many fans surrounding them.

After lots of pushing and screaming, they finally got inside their van. D.O was reluctant to go in but he had to when the manager literally pushed him inside, not wanting the fans to start touching him in appropriately.

He grunted and sent a glare towards his manager, which thankfully, the manager was not aware of. "Hyung! I need to see Mirae." He yelled from the back of the car but what he got was only silence from the manager.

"Hyung!’"He started to make a fit like a little baby. He saw the manager finding for something in his backpack and when he did, he threw it towards D.O. He caught the paper that was being thrown at him and opened the crumpled paper.

 

Something came up and I can’t stay for long. Be good and take care of yourself, okay? I love you.

 Love, Mirae.

D.O slumped back in disappointment and groaned. The once noisy car turned quiet and looked at the source of the sound. "What’s wrong with him, seriously?’"Chanyeol looked weirdly at D.O who buried his face with his bag.