Chapter 12| Losing

Fighting the Test

 

This could work. I thought to myself.

After the day I met Kyungsoo, both of us had actually made an effort to see each other on our free time. Whenever I don’t have classes, I would take my time to go back Seoul to see him or just give him a kiss and a hug if he had a schedule.

He too would sometimes go to my campus or my house when I’m in Seoul on his free time. Both of us would spend talking to each other over the phone every night. Sometimes when he was tired he would just send text messages.

That didn’t last long when the calls were getting shorter and the amount of words in his text messages were limited to a five word text to sometimes, he would just reply a simple “Hmm.”

At first, I shrugged it off, thinking that he’s probably tired. But it keep on bugging me when Jongin told me they didn’t really had any schedule since they were preparing for their next album.

I didn’t go home for almost 2 months and all we could do was to keep in touch through the phone but that didn’t work, obviously. The semester was coming to an end and winter vacation was coming up which equals to more and more assignments.

 

It was the day that I could finally grin and happily without worrying for any assignments or trying to remember the due date for an assignment.

I whistled as I threw everything I own inside the luggage. “Well, someone’s happy.” Iseul crouched down next to me. I gave her a big smile and hugged her. The sudden contact made both of us fell down.

“I’m going to miss you!” I pretended to cry but soon broke out into laughter at our stupid position; both of us were on the ground with me lying on top of her. I sat up and offered her my hand. “I swear, people would’ve thought we’re lesbians because of you.” She commented and fixed hair.

“Why? You don’t like it?” I said as I jokingly put my hands on her lap. She slapped it away and laughed. “Eww! No!”

 

 

“Mom! I’m home!” I yelled and she attacked me with hug instantly, almost causing me to lose balance from my heels.

“Where is Minki?” I asked as I took my heels and went in, dragging my heavy luggage with me. “Oh, he went out with his friends.” Her answer made me to feel uneasy.

Friends. I knew exactly what type of friends he hangs out with and they’re not good. They’re the reason he starts fighting and the reason why he comes home with bloody lips and broken ribs, which I got to say, hurts like hell.

“Mom, I told you not to let him hang out with those kinds of kids.” I sighed. “He doesn’t really spend time with them anymore. I actually met some of his friends and they were pretty decent.”

I rolled my eyes. My mom could be so gullible at time. “And you believe him? They could be acting. They’re fifteen not ten, Mom.”

“Here you go again. Don’t worry so much. He’s behaving.” My mom shrugged it off and pushed me slightly towards the stairs. “Go and get ready for dinner. Dad’s coming home.” At the last sentence, the troubled feeling was washed away and filled with excitement, instantly.

My mom helped me to get my luggage up the stairs since it was heavy for me to lift it alone. Even with my mother’s help, one of the wheels broke apart because both of us dragged it up instead of carrying it.

We laughed. “Let’s just buy a new one.” My mother said. I nodded and opened the door to my old room.

I gasped to see the state of my room. To say that I was shocked was an understatement. I was terrified. I looked at my mom and scratched her forehead. “Yeah, he was overexcited of having your room.”

“What did he even do in here?” I asked as I picked up a rotten apple from the bed. I threw it away disgustingly and looked at my mom.

“Apparently he threw everything he didn’t need in here.” She shrugged. “And that includes food that he finished eating?” I asked as I saw an identified food on a plate. It looked so disgusting that I can’t even look longer without barfing.

“Why didn’t you clean this? Why didn’t you ask him to clean this?” I asked obviously mad at that little brat.

“Oh come on, when I opened the door, it was already in this state. I don’t even know how you could go in there.” My mom joked.

“Funny, mom. Why didn’t he just get the other rooms? Like the guests’ room?” I said as I looked around. “You room is the biggest room in this house apart from ours.” My mom said.

I sighed and massaged my temple. “Just call someone to clean this up okay, mom?” I kissed her cheeks and made my way towards the end of the hall, where one of the guests’ rooms was.

I threw my luggage on the floor and lay down on the bed. I took out my hand phone and dialed in Kyungsoo’s number. The first time I called him, it went straight to voicemail.

The second time, he actually picked up when I was about to hang up. “Oh hey.” He sounded hurried. “Where are you?” It was silent before he spoke up again. “Huh? What was that?”

“I asked where you are.”I said.“Oh right. I’m in the dorm.” “Yah, Kyungsoo! Where are you going?” I could recognize the husky voice as Chanyeol’s. I swore I heard a faint “” by Kyungsoo.

I raised my eyebrows. “Are you going somewhere?” I waited for him to reply. “Uh-huh. Yeah. I’ll talk to you soon, Bye.” He talked so fast that I took seconds to figure out what he was saying.

After the call, I was so irritated how he could just hung up on me that I called Jongin almost instantly after that. A few rings after, he answered with his sleepy voice. “Why so early?” He croaked, obviously just got up from his sleep.

“What do you mean early? It’s 3.” I didn’t even care to hear him arguing when I went straight to the point. “I’m going to your dorm. How do I get in?”

It was safer at their dorm when the place where they were living was guarded with guards 24/7 since it was the place where most idols live. “You just ask the security to call us.” Jongin said.

I thanked him and hung up.

 

“Where is he?” I asked Chanyeol who was sprawled on the couch with a bag of chips in his hands. “Whoa.” Minseok held his hand out when I almost bump into him. “Sorry, oppa. Where is Kyungsoo?”

“Hyung went out a while ago.” Sehun came inside the living room in shorts and half . “Yah! Go put on a shirt.” Chanyeol yelled. “What? It’s just Noona.” The younger boy shrugged.

“What?” I gasped. As ridiculous as it sounds, Sehun has been getting on my nerves lately. Jongin must’ve influenced him. “Yah! What’s wrong with you? It’s just Noona? I’m a girl, too. Are you the new Jongin?” I shrieked. Sehun smiled and hugged me. “It’s okay. At least I call you Noona.” He ruffled my hair and smiled.

“Yah!” I yelled which probably made the ones that were sleeping to wake up and walk into the living room … shirtless. Oh great.

“Where did he go?” I asked and I knew something was going on when Chanyeol pretended to sleep and Minseok blinked innocently.

“Cut it off. Where is he?” I asked. “Who?” Baekhyun came beside me, casually slung an arms around me completely forgetting that he’s half . “Kyungsoo.” I said.

Hearing his name, Baekhyun took his arms from my shoulders and backed away. “Yah!” I screamed at him when he went back into his room.

I scanned at the living room and finally found the one I know could give me the answers. “Luhan oppa.” I batted my eyelashes, trying hard to be cute and I almost barfed at myself for even trying.

He scratched his name and but his lips. “He … he’s hanging out with Juniel-ssi often, lately.” I bit my lip, and held in my anger. “Juniel? How often?” I asked, gritting my teeth.

Before Luhan could speak up, Jongdae covered his mouth with his hand. “Oh hyung.” He laughed nervously. “Let’s go.” He dragged Luhan away.

 

 

REPLIES:

@i-diocrat : I know right. Ugh. I feel bad for even making her a villain. ><

@amhemmelstern :It’s hard writing these dark, angst-y chapters lol. But it feels so great to have someone who likes reading my story lol. I can’t even … thank you! Happy new year to you too~