Chapter 25 | An early present

Fighting the Test

To those that haven't read chapter 23 yet, go and do it before reading this story. I did a little mistake.

 

 

"I didn’t know you're dating Sungjoonie." Iseul said in a teasing voice. I pushed her lightly from the door and grunted, "A hello would be nice." I threw my heavy handbag on my bed and lied on it. "That's so heavy." I breathed out a deep breath and wiped the non-existent sweat. 

 

Iseul hopped on my bed excitedly, trying to make me tell her about the relationship with Sungjoon. "Don’t tell me you're cheating on Kyungsoo-sshi. You just got back together." I put a hand over her lips which successfully shut her blabbering mouth. "I'm not, okay. Sungjoon asked to hang out so we did." 

 

"You know how shocked I was when Woobin sent a picture of you two together?" I laughed at her for even thinking that I'm dating Sungjoon. "I'm mad at Sungjoon for calling me little." I grumbled and she laughed at me.  

 

Sungjoon's company released a statement saying that both of us weren't in any romantic relationship whatsoever and I'm just a little, little sister to Sungjoon.I called him the moment the news came out and he laughed saying, "I specifically told them to describe you as little, little sister."  

 

"So how was your test?" I asked Iseul and we started chatting along.

 

My phone beeped, interrupting our talk and I looked through my bag looking for the gadget. I opened the text to see Kyungsoo sending me a picture of him wearing one of the sweatshirt that I bought. I giggled and texted him back , asking him to keep warm and told him no to tire himself out too much. 

 

"It's good to see you smile again." Iseul commented. "Let's go out on a double date next time!" She excitedly suggested and I liked the idea of it. Talking about Kyungsoo reminded me to put up the polaroid pictures of us on the wall.  

 

 

 

My schedules went on for the next weeks with the classes and tests and projects and classes.

 

One night I was just laying around alone in the dorm since Iseul was out with her friends. I felt so tired and worn out from all the non-stop activities for the whole 2 weeks that I thought a moment of silence would be stress-relieving. 

 

I was about to drift off to sleep when a call from Kyungsoo came. "Baby." He sounded so excited and I can't help but smile hearing his voice, I missed him. Although I was tired, I can't hung up on him, I missed hearing his voice. "Do you know how I told you we were finding for a song for our mini album?"  

 

I sat upright, afraid that I might fall asleep.  "Why? Did you already found one?" I could hear the members joking around in the background as he excitedly said, "Yes, I'll send you a demo of it. Call me back, okay?" I was about to say something back but he already hung up.  

 

I sighed sleepily and laid back down. I pressed play as I received the file. "This better be an upbeat song or I might just fall asleep." I mumbled. As the song played, I absent-mindedly bobbed my head along, liking the song when something clicked in my head and I stopped, wondering if I pressed on the wrong song. I sat back up and listened to the recorded Kyungsoo's voice singing along the song that I composed.  

 

"It's my song?" I asked to no one in question. "It's my song, oh my gosh, it's my song." With trembling fingers I called my boyfriend back and he answered in seconds. "Do you like it?" He asked and I cursed at him. "You should've told me." Tears were already pooling in my eyes. 

 

He chuckled, "I sent it to the production crew and they loved it." I've never felt so happy in my life.  

 

I've been composing songs since I was like 17 and I didn’t dare to let people listen to it, other than Kyungsoo. I still remember that exact expression when Kyungsoo heard my song for the first time and the exact feeling of bliss and acceptance when he loved the song. That was the first time I've ever felt so accomplished in my life. My dream was to let people hear my songs and that dream is not that far away now.

 

"How I wish to hug you to death right now."  

 

"They want to meet you as soon as possible, baby. When are you coming back, I miss you a lot." My mind was clouded and I couldn’t think of anything as I was too excited and it felt like a dream. "Are you okay?" I heard from over the phone.  

 

"I'm just … "I took a few second to calm myself down as I thought about my classes. "I'm coming back on the 26th." I replied sadly, it was 2 weeks later and I knew that they can't wait that long. "Can't you squeeze in an hour or two?" He asked and that was absurd. Driving alone would take 3 hours to Seoul. I sighed, "Tomorrow would be okay, I guess. " 

 

I had a morning meeting for project on that day and the rest of the day I thought of giving myself a well-deserved rest but I guess, that could be postponed for a while. "I'll pick you up." Kyungsoo said and I agreed. Taking the bus would be just a pain in the and I would just get annoyed.