Chapter 26 | Something Something

Fighting the Test

I felt my bed slightly shift right beside me before someone wrapped an arm around my waist to pull me close. I mumbled something under my breath-- even I wasn’t sure what I was talking since I was half awake. I was met with someone's chest and a scent filled my nose, a very familiar scent.  

 

I was too tired to even react quickly so I opened my eyes and as expected, my eyes met Kyungsoo's ,with his beaming at me. "Morning, baby." I groaned and furrowed my eyebrows, wondering if I was hallucinating. He kissed my cheek once confirming my thoughts. Oh he's real.  

 

"What time is it?" I asked but made no move to stand up as I snuggled closer to my boyfriend. He chuckled and rested his cheek on top of my head, soothingly run his hand on my back. "You've missed your meeting. It's already 9." 

 

I grumbled in annoyance when Kyungsoo forcefully pulled me off the bed. I clutched onto my head as I felt dizzy from standing up too fast. "I like your new hair." Kyungsoo commented, running his fingers through my now shoulder-length hair.  

 

I cut my hair as the long hair makes me frustrated with it continuing on covering my view when I was trying to study and I thought cutting it short would make it feel less suffocating but it became worse. I could at least tie my long hair but I can't with my now short hair. Regret was all I felt every day. I made myself feel better with dyeing my jet black hair into a more softer color of chocolate brown though. 

 

"You look pretty, as always." I rolled my eyes and mumbled, "Flattery will get you no where, Do Kyungsoo." as I made my way into the bathroom, but I smiled, nonetheless. 

 

It has been cold nowadays since winter is close and I can't stand the cold. Most of the shirts that I brought to the dorm were knitted sweaters or something warm. I brought a lot of scarves and coats too. So basically I had limited amount of styles I could dress up in.  

 

At first I decided to wear a fitted cropped top but  Kyungsoo snatched it away from me saying I could get sick. I needed to dress to impress since I'm seeing the person who would determine my future but no, Kyungsoo wasn’t fond of that idea very much. 

 

We ended up disagreeing on every piece of clothing that I picked out. 

 

"Too tight." 

 

"Too much skin." 

 

"Too short." 

 

"I could literally see your bra." 

 

I groaned and glared at Kyungsoo who shrugged innocently. "You know what, Kyungsoo. Why don't you pick out what I'm going to wear." I gave up to which he happily responded.  

 

I was pretty much covered from head to toe. "Beautiful." I sarcastically said. There goes my chance to make myself look at least admirable.  

 

I texted Iseul that I was out while both of us were on our way to the car where the manager was waiting. "He's nice to drive you here." I commented, talking about the manager. Kyungsoo chuckled and nodded, "He's opening up to you. He even asked for the rest of the guys to find a girlfriend." 

 

I looked at Kyungsoo unconvincingly, "That's weird." and Kyungsoo agreed. "Weird indeed." I was so tired so as soon as we hopped in the van, I snuggled close to Kyungsoo and he soothingly sang a few songs as I drift off to sleep. 

 

 

I woke up to find myself in an unfamiliar room. I sat upright and took in the surrounding. Everything were white and elegant with its modern furniture and huge flat TV right cross from where I was sitting.  

 

I looked through my phone and found a text from Kyungsoo. A knock came to the door and it slightly opened, revealing one of EXO's manager standing behind it. "Kyungsoo asked me to get you when you're awake." I nodded absent-mindedly and stood up.  

 

I neatly placed the blanket that was around me earlier on the couch before hurriedly went outside. Everything seemed unfamiliar to me and I made sure to stick close to the manager, but not too close.  

 

He stopped walking and gestured for me to enter the room. "They're waiting for you inside." I knew that he's referring to the production crew and I widened my eyes, I didn’t know I would have to go through the meeting alone, I thought Kyungsoo would at least be with me. I bit my lips and opened the door. 

 

I let out a deep breath when I saw heads turning to me with smiles on their faces. I bowed down once, "I'm Jung Mirae." 

 

"We finally get to meet you. Sit, sit, sit." And so I did. I sat for hours. 

 

 

 

I couldn’t really grasp my mind about everything that happened hours after that. I still didn’t get how I managed to stay calm throughout all of that but I did. Kyungsoo pulled me into a hug as soon as I got out. 

 

The other members were even there, hugging and congratulating me. I didn’t even care when the members were ruining my hair or pinching my cheeks.  

"D-Did I just got offered a job as a composer?" I whispered mostly to myself. I can't believe it was happening. The words that they said still rang in my head. 

 

"What would you say if we give you a job as the official composer for SM? We'll give you time to think about the choices, 2 years to finish your study and then work here or juggle your time working and studying at the same time. It's your call." 

 

"Congratulations." I turned to my left and saw that it was Kyungsoo. I excitedly squealed and hugged him as tight as I could, pulling myself out from the little shock. "I can't believe this is happening. This is … thank you, baby" 

 

The small two-person hug became a group hug with them squishing me in the middle. They wanted to celebrate the happy occasion but I had to refuse. "I have classes tomorrow." they were understanding and promised to celebrate some other time. 

 

 

 

As we were on our way back home, Kyungsoo asked  his manager to drop us off at the small park that's near my college. It was so cold and I was shivering so he lent me his padded jacket which kept me warm.  

 

"What is this?" I complained as he pulled the hoodie over my head and tied both end, making a bow underneath my chin. He laughed and pecked my cheek. "You're so cute." I scrunched up my face and pushed him jokingly. "I know I am." Since it kept me warm, I made no move to untie the knot.  

 

"Aren't you cold?" I asked as I hugged him by the waist. He hugged me closer and we stood there, staring at the beautiful stars gleaming in the sky. "I feel warm when you're around."  

 

"I like this." I said and he looked down at me, beaming. "I like this, too. It has been a while since we walked together in public." 

 

"I hope we can do this more often." I said and Kyungsoo leaned down, as his lips were inches from mine, he whispered, "As often as you want."

Before kissing me fully on the lips. When both of us broke away from the kiss, I felt my body warming up and not because of the kiss.

 

I've noticed it since we got off the car but I shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing.  

 

I felt light-headed and as if I would faint soon. "It's too cold." I whined as I did not feel anywhere near fine. Kyungsoo put a hand on my forehead and scolded me.  

 

I had a high fever.

 

this chapter and everything sounds stupid im so sorry ><