Chapter 21 | Together Again

Fighting the Test

Everyone froze on the spot as the main made his appearance. He was unfazed under the glare that had been directed to  him but he kept his gaze fixed on me. I felt uncomfortable by the unneeded attention and looked somewhere else. Luhan pulled me close and I was grateful for that. Suho gave me a small smile and I nodded, telling him that I'm okay. 

 

Jongin snorted which caught Kyungsoo's attention. "It's none of your business, you don’t even get a say in this." He spat out and the latter were boiling in anger. "What do you mean it's none of my business. Anything that has to do with Mirae is my business."  

 

This time I snickered. "Excuse me, what?" I laughed at the absurdness of his sentence and crossed my arms across my chest. "Last time I checked, I made it clear that we're over."  

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh as he made a step forward and grabbed my arm. "Mirae, I …" All of a sudden, a grunt was heard and Kyungsoo ended up on the ground clutching his jaw. Jongin stood in front of me protectively and hissed, "You don’t even have the right to touch her."  

 

The one on the ground stood up and chuckled, "Who say you do?" He grumbled looking at the grasp that Jongin has on my arms. But that made Jongin to hold it tighter. The two boys were burning a hole into each other's faces and Minseok stepped up.  

 

Something happened between them. I'm pretty much sure it was after Jongin came to my home. Since as long as I could remember, Jongin was the one who was begging me to go and run back into Kyungsoo's arms, but now he didn’t even let him to lay a finger on me.  

 

My ringtone interrupted the tension and I pulled out my phone from my back pocket. "Yes, mom?" Their eyes were now on me and I sighed. I don’t really need this in my life right now.  

 

"Yeah I'm done." 

 

I don’t even care if my mom sees my red and puffy eyes, I would do anything to get out of the sticky situation. I felt my shirt being pulled back and I saw a teary eyed Sehun. I smiled softly at him and he let go of my shirt. "I'll call you guys. This wont be the last time we meet, I promise." 

 

I ruffled my hair and turned to Jongin. "Behave, you're not five." I gave a tired smile to everyone before walking out of the store. The fresh air and cool breeze made my mood slightly better. When I woke up this morning and followed mom to shop, this was certainly not what I expected. 

 

"Hey, hey wait up." I groaned and turned around at the person. I raised an eyebrow as I waited for him to speak up. "Can we just .. talk?" 

 

I heaved out a sigh, "What? What do you want to talk about? What's left to talk about, Kyungsoo. We're over and let's just leave it at that. " 

"I don’t want to. I made mistakes, I know that and I want to make it right. Let me fix all of these. Let me just--" 

 

"No." I almost yelled but I kept it in just because we're in public. "No, I don’t want to fix things, I'm done, I'm so done with your lies. I don’t want things to be alright again. Because that just gives you the chance to push me down right after you pulled me up." 

 

"I can't turn back time but , how I wish I could do that." A tear slipped down his cheeks and unknowingly my tears flowed along. "I missed you, baby." He chuckled sadly and wiped away his tears. "I felt like dying, literally. The guilt was eating me inside out and I just … dying felt less painful." He whispered the last part. 

 

I chuckled, sadly. "You're not doing this to me again." I shook my head as I wiped away the tears but they keep on flowing down. "No." I whispered mostly to myself as if to convince that I don’t need him, in my life, I don’t need his lies in my life, I don’t need Kyungsoo …  

 

"Mirae … please."  

 

I took a step closer to him and I could hear the walls that I managed to built in the past months cracked. I placed a hand on his cheek and he leaned to my touch, making him look so vulnerable. "I … missed you too."Who am I lying to anyway. The fact that he's always on my mind only meant one thing. "But --" He cut me off before I could even continue my sentence. I dropped me hands to my sides limply and I could see him flinching as he lost the warmth of my hands. 

 

"I hurt you back then and I'm sorry." He sobbed. "I was selfish, I did not think about you and I'm sorry … sorry for that. I'm trying to make this work … I'm trying so hard." 

 

"But we know it won't work simply because .. it don’t." 

 

"No, no, no, no. Don’t say that. We can, it's us we're talking about. Us. We can, baby …."  

 

I stepped back and wiped away the uncontrollable tears. I shook my head. "Kyungsoo, don’t make this hard on me. It's making it harder on yourself." I lied, my walls were already crumbling down.  

 

"Kyungsoo-yah …" I gasped as he got down on his knees with his head hung low. He was sobbing and I could see tears making a pattern on the pavement. "Please." He said in plea. "You … I need you … you kept me going, you're the one who made me as a member of exo possible. You made everything work out, you're my lucky charm." He sadly smiled. "You're my vitamins, you're my sunshine. You're my everything." I crouched down in front of him and put my hands on his cheeks to tilt his head upwards. 

 

"Don’t do this." I whispered. He grabbed both of my hands and intertwined them with his. "Give me a second chance. A second chance to prove my love to you." 

 

"It'll be hard." I said. 

 

"It's us. I'll do anything for you. Give me another chance, baby." 

 

"We'll be busy." 

 

"I'll make time for us." 

 

"It's only a matter of time till someone find out about us." 

 

"I'll be waiting for that day for me to reveal you to the world.""I love you." He said but I can't bring myself to utter the same thing to him. He pulled me in an embrace and I sighed in his arms. How I miss being with him. Both of us stood there, in each other's arms listening to each other's racing heartbeats.

 

He's here now, I realized. We're back together again. A sob involuntarily came out of my lips and he hugged me tighter. "I'm here." He whispered and a small, relieved smile etched itself on my face. "You're here." I said to no one. I didn't keep track on how have we been standing there for but I knew it has been too long. 

 

I reluctantly pulled back from the embrace and he took my hands instead. 

 

"First things first, let's settle whatever childish fight you have going on with Jongin." I said, pulling him up. At the mention of his name, Kyungsoo scowl and tightened his grip around my hand. "No." 

 

I flicked his forehead and he glared at me for it. "Yes." I was not backing down and we had  a little glaring competition between us. Kyungsoo sighed, "Come on, baby. We just made up. Let's not fight about this, it's useless anyway." He whispered the last part and I flicked his forehead again. 

 

"You're not going to argue with me about this. All of us are having dinner together, okay?" 

 

Do you guys want this story to be long or--