Chapter 22 | Jealousy

Fighting the Test

A knock came to my door and later the door opened revealing my mom all dressed up to go out. She held the clutch close to her and sat right where I was sitting-on my bed. I paused the drama I was watching and closed the laptop before turning my whole body towards her. 

 

"Honey." She called and I raised an eyebrow. Seeing her concerned expression, I sighed, "What is it?" She put down her clutch and held my hands tightly in hers. "I know, you would make the best decisions for yourself." She started and a sigh came out of my lips, again.  

 

My mom saw Kyungsoo bringing me back to her after we made up, and I know my mom know what happened. Although she didn’t know what happened exactly, she knew that our relationship did not end very well. I can see the distrust flashed in her eyes the moment she set her gaze on Kyungsoo 

"I gave him a second chance, I gave us a second chance, you should too." I spoke softly but she seemed unconvinced. "But honey, the way you were, the times you spent cooped up in your room---" 

 

"Mom, you out all people should know how he makes me feel. You've seen me how I was when I hit rock bottom and how he pulled me up … I'm not sure myself, if this is going to work but I'm giving me and him a second chance …" My mom put her hands on my cheeks and made me look at her. "Oh sweetie. I'm just worried. I've seen how horrible fans could be … I just hope my pretty daughter won't get hurt again." 

 

"I won't." I promised to her and to myself. With a relieved sigh, she stood up. "Well, since the boys are coming, I've prepared dinner for you guys. Just heat it up when they arrive." I stood up along and hugged her. "You're the best, mom." 

 

She ruffled my hair, "Behave and I'll be home late today. Your brother is at his friend's, call him tonight and tell him to not stay too long." I grew suspicious, "What kind of friend?" My mom gave me a look and I shrugged, "Mom, don’t trust him too much. Who knew what he's doing right now with his 'friends' .."  

 

"We talked about this. You should trust your brother more just as much as you trust Kyungsoo." She said and left the room. I snorted and jumped on my bed. I love Minki, and I trust him, but his so-called-friends are the one that I don’t trust. I groaned and flip open my laptop. 5 minutes after I pressed play, my phone rang and a picture of me and Kyungsoo showed up. 

 

"Baby." 

 

I wrapped myself tighter around the duvet and shivered in cold. "Hey." I should've turned off the air-conditioner but I was just lazy to get off the bed. "Didn't you tell the guards that we're coming? They're not letting me in." Hearing his words, it took 0.01 second to sink in and I jumped off the bed. "What do you mean? You promised to come at 7, it's only 5." I quickly grabbed a shirt to wear over my camisole. 

 

"Why do you sound so unwelcoming? I came early. The others will come later." I sighed in relieved and scolded him for not telling me earlier. I went downstairs and pressed the button that connects to the guardhouse immediately. "Let them in, please." I said and I could hear Kyungsoo whispered, "Finally." 

 

I chuckled, "How long have you been waiting there, exactly?" There was a silence until I hear the break being pulled. "Wait , are you driving?" Kyungsoo don't talk when he's driving since he's concentrating. Also, he does this face- biting on his lips while furrowing his brows- whenever he drives. It's adorable. 

 

"Well, duh. The other have schedules and managers are busy so." I pressed the button to open the gate and walked towards the door. As I opened it, I saw Kyungsoo's car being parked right beside my father's cars. "Nice pajamas." He commented and I let the words sink in before squealing and realized I was still wearing my mickey mouse shorts. I hung up when I heard his laughter and ran upstairs, leaving the door open. 

 

I settled on a knee-length pants and went downstairs to only find Kyungsoo making himself comfortable while laying down on the couch. "Wow, you're already making yourself at home." He smiled seeing me and opened his arms for me. I jumped in his embrace and snuggled close to his chest. "I don’t get how the guards won't let me in, it's not like he hasn’t seen me before." He grunted. 

 

"Well, you haven't come to visit for a long time." He seemed hurt by my statement and stiffened."I'm sorry." I looked up at him and kissed his jaw. "Let's not talk about that, hmm?" I said.He hugged me closer and rest his cheek on top of my head. "What have you been doing?" 

 

"What else can I do? I finished my assignments, I'm at least being productive for a day." He chuckled, "You spent the next hours on your laptop again, aren't you?" He asked and I nudged his stomach with my elbow. "I have nothing to do, geez." 

 

"Is college doing good to you?" I sighed in thought. "I think I've told you about Iseul, I want you to meet her, she's fantastic." I smiled thinking about my best friend. "And I made two new friends. They're models." Kyungsoo squinted his eyes, "Girls?" 

 

I shook my head, "And they're tall too , like wow." I said thoughtlessly. Kyungsoo fell silent and he unwrapped his arms from around me. "Why?" 

"Go to your tall and handsome friends then." I rolled my eyes, I almost forgot about the hidden green monster in Kyungsoo. "Daww baby, you know I love you more." I hugged him closer, almost choking him. "You know I love you even though you're not tall and your shoulders are--" 

 

"Is that a compliment or an insult?" He asked and I laughed. "A compliment of course, you silly." I pinched his cheeks and got up. "Where are you going?" He asked and I wordlessly pulled him up. 

 

"Hyung?" A familiar small voice spoke and I was startled to death. "Yah Minki." I scolded at him. "How can you just appear like that, sheesh." Kyungsoo waved at him and Minki hugged him in greeting. Kyungsoo pat the little boy's head, "You've grown taller, little kid." 

 

He frowned at the title 'little kid', "I thought hyung is not coming over again since Jongin hyung is the one who comes here often." At the mention of Jongin, once again Kyungsoo stiffened and I bit my lips. "Aren't you supposed to be at your friend's?" 

 

"I am, I'm just dropping to pick up some things." I narrowed my eyes at him, "Mind telling me what kind of  friend are your friends?" Minki shrugged, "He's outside." He said and ran upstairs. "How many times exactly did Jongin came here while I was not with you?" 

 

"Let's talk about this later, okay." I pat his cheeks and went outside to see Minki's friends. I would love to bicker with Kyungsoo about Jongin again but family comes first. As I neared the door a little kid, smaller than Minki came to my view wearing checkered shirt with a bowl hair cut. He turned around and bowed to me 90 degrees. I was surprised when he did that since Minki's friends don’t even bother to greet me when I was around.  

 

"Hello, noo-nim." I looked at him wearily and he smiled, revealing his braced teeth. "I'm DaehyungMinki's friend." I nodded, "I can see that. Did you guys came here alone?" He shook his head and pointed to a car not far from the gate, "My mom is here."  

 

"Ah, I see. How long have you been friends with Minki?" I asked and he seemed to be in deep thought before replying, "Just recently." This kid seems like a nice kid and I felt relieved to see that Minki's finally making proper friends. "How is he at school?" 

 

"He has gotten better than last time." He said and it felt good to hear that. "Well, have fun and tell your mother to drop by sometimes and grab a meal together." Minki ran right on time, "Let's go."  

 

Daehyung bowed once again and Minki hugged me. "Behave." I reminded and they waved me goodbye. When the car disappeared from my sight and went inside. 

 

"Tell me how many times." I forgot about raging Kyungsoo waiting for me inside. I rolled my eyes and went upstairs with him following behind me. "Mirae, tell me, tell me." He whined. "I don’t know, 3 times, 4 times, I don’t know." I shrugged at him. "That's a lot of times." He commented and I face-palmed. 

 

"Can we not argue about this?" He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. "I don’t like Jongin being close to you."  

 

"You're being ridiculous. I invited you guys for a reason and that is so that you and Jongin would be best friends again but now here you are, saying these things." Seeing his troubled face, I know that something happened between them. I walked closer and looked up at him. "Do you want to tell me about it?" 

 

He smiled softly and shook his head before slinging an arm around me as we walked into my room. "It's nothing anyway." He quickly changed the topic and I bit my lips. He's hiding something from me but I don’t want to force him into doing something he doesn’t want to do so I kept my mouth shut. 

 

"Yeah, my mom repainted my room when I was away to college." I answered his question. He jumped on my bed and opened my laptop. "Blue looks good with you." I sat next to him to see what was he doing. "Don't tell me you're watching this sappy romantic movie again." The tab with the movie I was watching was still open. "It's my favorite movie, shut up." 

 

Kyungsoo laughed at my outburst and know it's best not to tease me anymore so he kept his mouth shut. "What have you guys been doing while I was away?" I asked casually. He stopped typing for a second before continuing whatever he was doing whilst answering my question. "We just wrapped up our new comeback. That was a huge success." 

 

I smiled, feeling proud. "I can see that, 'Growl' is great." I peered to the screen and saw that he was scrolling through a page about him. "You search your name every day?" I laughed. He narrowed his eyes and jokingly pinched my cheeks. "I need to see what people think of me." 

 

"Anyway." He continued answering my earlier question. "Right now we're just filming for our own show and all those year-end performances." I almost choked on my own spit the moment he said 'own show'. 

 

I squealed in excitement. "How can you not tell me earlier, geez. Oh my god I can't wait to see you guys act like idiots on TV." He chuckled at my excited self and kissed my cheek. "I'm excited too, but nervous." I pat his cheeks and kissed his jaw. "You guys will do great. Don't worry too much." 

 

He sat upright and closed away the tab before I placed my head on his lap with him playing with my hair. "Have you been eating properly?" He nodded his head and I could see that he was telling the truth. The fats that he lost when he was preparing for debut were back and I'm glad to see that he's not skin and bones. "I'm glad." 

 

"I could tell that you're not." He commented and he was right. I've lost weight. College has been stressing me out, was what I answered and I could see worry in his eyes. I smiled to reassure him but he still worries for me. "Promise me you'll eat every meal and not stress yourself out too much." I rolled my eyes but nodded nonetheless.  

 

We spent the next hour catching up with each other. I've told Kyungsoo everything that happened to me and vice versa.  

 

"How tall is he?" Kyungsoo asked as we were going downstairs to prepare food for the others. I rolled my eyes and groaned. Kyungsoo felt uneasy with me being friends with models/actors who are far more tall and attractive than he was -he said and I argued saying the opposite.  

 

"We're just friends, geez." He dropped the questions from then on and I felt glad that he did. As I pulled out the food and was about to reheat them, he asked again. "Exactly how did you know him because …" I sent him a glare. "One of them is Iseul's boyfriend, that's how I met them. I met them once, Kyungsoo, once. So stop attacking with these absurd questions." and I've been texting with Sungjoon but he didn’t need to know that. 

 

"They're actors too, huh .." I hear him mutter and I sighed. I rolled my eyes and the stove. Here we go again. I just hummed as an answer , feeling lazy to answer his questions. "Did I tell you how I've been casted for a movie?" and that caught me off guard. 

 

I dropped the ladle and turned to him with wide eyes. "What?" I mumbled, hoping to hear it from his lips again. I can't stop a broad smile from appearing on my face and I literally jumped into his embrace. He twirled us around and stopped when I asked again. 

 

He nodded and I hugged him. He has always been wanting to act and now he could, he's truly living his dream. "Congratulations, baby." I forgot about the food that was being reheated as I was too happy. He told me about the movie and I could tell he's as excited as I am, maybe more. 

 

My phone rang breaking off the moment we had. I scrambled off and answered, it was Jongin. "Your guards wouldn't let us in." He grumbled. Did they changed the guards or something? I would understand that they didn't let Kyungsoo in but Jongin … he has been here more than enough to let the guards remember his face. 

 

"Alright, Alright." I hung up. "Check the food, soo. They're here." I said before making my way towards the door and pressed the button. "Let them in." They answered with a 'yes, miss.' and I opened the gate to my house.  

 

I quickly scrambled off to the kitchen and helped Kyungsoo prepare the table and food. These are the times when I hoped my mother didn't fire the maids that we once hired. My boyfriend placed a hand on my shoulder and urged me to go upstairs. "Go and change, I can handle this." I smiled at him thankfully and kissed his cheeks.  

 

I trudged upstairs and as I was changing into something more presentable, I could hear their voices already booming throughout the house."Noona!" A couple of voices called out and I went down running. "I'm coming!" I hollered back and jumped off at the last step.  

 

Being my clumsy self, I tripped over my own feet and was about to fall flat on the ground , face-first, but a hand shot out just in time and tighten their grip on my waist. "Be careful."  a voice soothingly whispered and I looked up to see Jongin staring down at me. 

 

I smiled, glad to see that he came. I wriggled out of his arms and ruffled his hair. "Thanks for coming." He smiled too and we conversed with each other for a moment. From the corner of my eyes I could see Kyungsoo eyeing us with jealousy. I sighed and excused myself from Jongin.  

This is going to be a long night.

 

 

We're halfway through the story. I just hope this won't be more than 50 chapters because haha.