Chapter 17 | Rough

Fighting the Test

 

“Kyung--- no!” I punched his chest but he won’t let me go. He continued on kissing me, not giving a damn of my protests. The grasp he had on my wrist and waist was so tight that it was starting to hurt by the seconds. I whimpered and tears were pouring out.

It was suffocating and his kisses were rough. “No.” My voice sounded so pathetic that I even pity myself. The man, right in front of me was not the man I fell in love with. He changed, the Do Kyungsoo I knew has changed.

With the all of the strength I had, I squirmed out of his grasp and turned away from him. I wiped away my tears and looked at him in disgust.

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the ground in confusion as if he himself didn’t know what he did. “Mirae, I’m --.” He was cut off short when my hand flew over to his cheek.

“Shut up.” I looked up at the ceiling trying to prevent he tears from falling. He made a move to walk nearer  but I took a step back. “Don’t. Just … don’t.” I glared at him before storming out of the room.

I was met with a worried Juniel outside of the door, biting on her nails nervously. She snapped out of her deep thoughts when I slammed the door shut. She seems surprised by the state I was in, swollen eyes, bruised lips and my hair was messed up.

“Mirae- shi.” She called out but I shook my head.

“Don’t go in there. Wait until he cools down.” I even hate myself for telling that to her. I would love to see her getting the taste of Kyungsoo’s anger but then again with the state I’m in, I don’t even care about being y.

I walked passed her and numerously wiped off the tears that kept on falling. “Ugh.” I groaned in disgust at the emotions I was feeling.

I didn’t look where I was going which made me to bump into someone. I bowed a few times with my head down, not wanting them to see my face but that someone held me by my shoulders.

“Mirae?” That voice … I looked up and saw Jongin looking down at me worriedly. His eyes widened upon seeing me and instantly asked me what happened. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out, instead I started to cry again.

He pulled me into his arms and my hair. “Come on.” He pulled me by my hand and to a corner far from anyone’s sight.

Jongin wiped away my tears with his thumb and kept his hands at the side of my face. “Don’t cry. Do you want to tell me what happened?”

“He … Kyungsoo … he …” I tried to speak but my own mouth was giving up on me. Right after I mentioned his name, Jongin’s eyes changed and from worried, they turned murderous. “What did he do to you?” He asked, gritting his teeth.

When I kept quiet, he swiped his thumb over my lips and breathed out, “He did this?” I looked into his eyes and he immediately got his answer. “That hyung really.” He bit his lips and rolled his eyes. He wanted to turn around but I kept my grasp on his hand.

“Don’t, Jongin-ah.” He let his head fall back and turned back to me. “But he hurt you. No one could ever hurt you.” His eyes turned soft again. “He’s not in the best state either. You could really get hurt, too.” I said.

He sighed and brought a hand over his face. “I don’t even care. Look at what he did to you. I would even punch him to death if I could.”

“I’m going home.” I was so tired that I could barely open my eyes. These past weeks was so overwhelming that I even thought of not going out of my room ever again.

 “Let me send you home.” He offered taking my hand in his. “But what about ---.”

He shook his head and smiled. “I just came here to give support to that hyung. I just don’t feel like it, now.” He chuckled and pulled me back to the hall again.

The hall was so crowded with the staffs running about that I was starting to feel claustrophobic. My head was spinning and the people that were bumping me were not helping.

 I brought my free hand to my forehead and closed my eyes, feeling like fainting any second. I was suddenly pulled forward and Jongin hugged me by my shoulder, keeping me from being bumped into people.

I looked upwards and was met with Jongin’s jaw. He looked down and then I realized that we were dangerously close to each other. He gave me a small smile and led me towards the exit.

“You okay?” He asked once we were out of that suffocating hall and out to the back of the building. I nodded and gave him a small smile. He stoop down until our eye level met and fixed my bangs, which was completely useless as he ruffled my hair right after he was done.

I rolled my eyes and fixed my hair. “You should really stop doing that.” I heaved out a sigh. He laughed and pinched my cheeks. “Never.”

I punched his arms. “You’re so mean. “ I walked away from him but he started to follow me right after.

Jongin had tried so many lame jokes just to keep my mind of the things that happened earlier that day and I tried my best to look as if I was really laughing and not forcing it out. It was harder when your mood was completely down and the jokes weren’t funny … at all. I can’t even understand what they meant.

Fortunately though, his lame jokes have made the trip back home much quicker. As soon as I rang the bell, I noticed that no one was home.

“I guess I’ll be home alone.” I muttered and shrugged. “Will you be okay with that? Do you want me to accompany you?” Jongin asked with concern.

I rolled my eyes and knocked his head. “I’m a grown up. I can take care of myself.” I snorted at him for even treating me like a little child. “Yeah, right.” He sneered and ruffled my hair for the umpteenth time that day. “I’ll go then. Take care of yourself, kay?”

I could see that he was genuinely concern about me and I couldn’t but smile. I thought he was going to go back but he didn’t. Instead, he stood there, looking at me. To be more specific, he looked at my swollen lips and my exposed neck.

His eyes were filled with pure anger and hatred. “Don’t do anything stupid.” I warned him before he could do anything to Kyungsoo that could get the media’s attention. I saw how his fingers were clenched into a fist. “Jongin.” I called out his name.

He closed his eyes and sighed. “I know.” Jongin said, gritting his teeth. “I won’t do anything … yet.” He knew I heard his last word and he simply waved ‘goodbye’ to me. “Like, seriously, Jongin. Don’t.”

Jongin simply shrugged and smirked.