Chapter 27 | Something Something Part II

Fighting the Test

I felt warmer than usual and I thought it'll go away in hours but it doesn’t. "I'm not sick" But I just confirmed Kyungsoo's assumption as I coughed. He glared and pulled a blanket over me. "I'll be fine, I can still go to class."  I whined with my voice muffled under the blanket.

 

But even the manager agreed with Kyungsoo. "We're taking you home." Manager said, as if he cares about me. "Hyung's right. You should go home." My boyfriend agreed and I rolled my eyes. "I'm not having a fever, okay. It's just the cold weather, that's all." I still argued.  

 

Kyungsoo knocked on my head and hissed, "Just listen to us, geez , woman." I kept my mouth shut but I can't help  myself but to worry about my classes. The final's coming up and missing out on classes aren't really the best thing to do at the moment.  

 

Exhaustion took over me and I drift off to dreamland and I snuggled under the warmth of the blanket and Kyungsoo's jacket.  

 

 

I felt myself being carried and I heard the familiar sound of password being punched in. I shivered in cold and hugged closer. "It's cold." I whispered to no one and someone hugged me tighter. "We're almost there." I heard before falling back to sleep. 

 

 

"What are you going to do?" 

 

"I don’t know. Just … take care of her when I'm gone." 

 

"You're not telling her?" 

 

"She's not well right now, I'll tell her when she's healthy again." 

 

"Okay then." 

 

I saw Kyungsoo opening his mouth to speak up but shut his mouth again when he saw me sitting upright from the bed. "Baby, you're awake." He smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes. Something's wrong. 

 

I saw Jongin standing next to him and I guessed it was him that Kyungsoo has been talking to the whole time. I looked around and realized that I'm once again in an unfamiliar room. "You're in my room." Kyungsoo spoke up and sat next to me on the bed. 

 

He gave Jongin a look and the latter sighed before leaving both of us alone in the room. I noticed that he's dressed up in a jacket, ready to go out. "Where are you going?" 

 

He shook his head, telling me it's nothing. He laid me down on the bed again and pulled the covers over me keeping me warm. "Your temperature's still high and you need to take your medicine." He knew I hate medicine and gave me a look when I rolled my eyes. "This fever will go away sooner or later anyway. There's no need to eat meds, soo." 

 

He sighed, "You're so stubborn."  

 

"Don’t sigh at me."  

 

He brushed the strands of hair from my face and smiled weakly, "I'm just going to go away for a while. I've already picked up your clothes from your house, it's in the bag over there." He pointed at the bag that's placed on the other bed across his. 

 

"If you want to shower … "He paused for a while before shaking his head, "You know what, the bathroom's lock is ty and could easily be open so don’t shower, wait till I get home. Your phone's charging in the living room so if you want to call anyone, use my phone." He fished out his phone from his jacket and gave it to me. "I'll tell some of the members to check up on you from time to time, so if you're hungry or whatever tell them, okay?" 

 

I would roll my eyes at how dramatic and too concerned he was being, it was just a fever , it's not like I'm dying but something's telling me that he's not only worried about me, there's definitely something else. 

 

"Are you okay?" I softly asked and he nodded, unconvincingly though. "Why wouldn’t I be? If you're bored, use my laptop to watch movies …" Once again he paused, " wait, don’t … you need to rest so no internet for you today." 

 

He sounded so hurried and almost as if he was panicking, "Okay." I answered to which he smiled. He gave me a kiss before walking out of the room. "I'll be back." He said and shut the door. 

 

I didn’t know if it was because of the exhaustion or the sickness but I slept a lot more than I usually do. But the annoying thing was that the sleeps were short and I would wake up by myself from time to time which I hate the most. 

 

 

I groaned as I felt dizzy as if someone was knocking my head with a hammer. "This is worse than a hangover." I turned my head and noticed that it's already morning. There was no sign of Kyungsoo and I wondered if he didn’t come home from yesterday. 

 

It was only then that I realized that I've changed out of yesterday's clothes and now I'm dressed in big shirt and leggings. "He did come home after all." I'm pretty much sure Kyungsoo's the only one who would do this anyway. 

 

"Are you feeling better?" I slightly jerked as I heard Yixing's voice. "You surprised me." I tried to calm my racing heart as he apologized. "The doctor came by earlier." My eyes widened in shock and disbelief, "You guys are just ridiculous, you could've just went to the pharmacy or give me panadol or something." 

 

"You're exhausted and the doctor asked you to take a better care of yourself. Don’t tire yourself out too much and you need to sleep more. I'll bring your meds but you need to eat first." I shook my head, "I'm not hungry." 

 

Yixing glared at me jokingly and scolded me saying how I need to get better faster or whatever. "Where's Kyungsoo?" 

 

He stiffened and the mention of my boyfriend's name and I'm not dumb, I know something's wrong. "He's at the company, he'll be back soon." 

 

"What is it that's so important that he had to go out so early in the morning?" Yixing can't lie to me and I was so sure he would tell me the case but he didn’t, much to my dismay. 

 

"I'll bring in your breakfast." 

 

 

After eating my breakfast and have been forced to eat the medicines, I fell back to sleep. As I've mentioned earlier, my sleeps were rather short, probably 1-3 hours long and I woke up after it felt like 5 minutes of sleeping. 

 

I knew I'm not allowed to go out of the room but I felt so stuffy and walking around for a bit would help and so I did. I realized that it was not the same dorm that I've been to last year and I had a hard time finding my ways. 

 

"Oppa?" I recognized the familiar back view of Baekhyun. He turned around with a smile and his hands holding a bowl filled with cereal- I guessed by looking at the milk. I walked closer-- yep, definitely cereal. 

 

"You're not supposed to get off the bed just yet. You need time to rest. 

 

"I've had all the rest that I need. I'm sure I'll be alright."  

 

Both of us stayed in silence and Baekhyun can't stand silence so he spoke up first. 

 

"So have you decided on what to do about the offer?" He asked and I can't help but to smile. He was asking about the job as a composer and I felt giddy by just thinking of it. Now I know how the boys felt when they knew that they're going to debut. It feels amazing. 

 

"I don’t know what I'm going to do." I shrugged. I just want to accept the offer and start working right away. I mean, my dream is like standing right in front of me, waiting to be reached out. 1 more step and I'll be living the dream, like most of the boys are doing now. 

 

But I'm only a 21 year-old girl without any experience. It was my first time actually giving people to hear one of the things that I've made and that too is not because of me. Thanks to Kyungsoo that I would ever get a chance like this. I could wait for 2 years and start to learn more about music and composing. 

 

"Well, they gave more than enough time to think about it. I know this phrase is overused and typical to say at these kind of moment but follow your heart. It helps." Baekhyun ruffled my hair before dumping the bowl into the sink. 

 

"You should go back inside and rest." I obliged and gave him a small smile before going back inside the room. The dorm was eerily quiet and Baekhyun didn’t seem like he's in a good mood either. Even Yixing doesn’t have the usual bubbly aura when he talked to me earlier that day.  

 

I remember Yixing telling me that the reason why Kyungsoo brought me back with him to the their dorm was because my house was empty. I took the phone that Kyungsoo left earlier and unlocked it. I felt warm and all tingly inside when I saw that he used a picture of me as his wallpaper.  

 

My mother took seconds to answer her phone. "Hey mom." 

 

"Mirae? Why are you calling using Kyungsoo's phone? Are you with him?" 

 

"I just got back home yesterday. Why aren't you here?" 

 

"I'm sorry I forgot to tell you , honey. Your father and I are on a trip. Your brother's staying with your Aunt." 

 

"Oh."  

 

"Why? Is everything alright? I thought you're not going to come home till another 2 weeks." 

 

I didn’t want Mom to worry so I lied, "It's nothing. I just felt like going home. Okay then, Mom. Have fun with Dad." 

 

But Mom didn’t want to hang up till minutes later since she started to ask me about the college and whether I've been eating well or not, you know, the usual motherly questions. 

 

I felt bored doing nothing in the room and I ended up sleeping again which was annoying because I woke up at 4 in the morning. But I did felt a whole lot better than before. Turns out the medicine did help after all. 

 

It was dark but I could still see a figure sitting down across the bed I was sleeping on. A sigh would be heard from time to time. It was Kyungsoo. He seems troubled, he didn’t even notice that I've sat up till a couple of minutes later. 

 

"You're awake." He stood up and sat next to me. He reached out his hand to place it on my forehead, checking my temperature. "You're getting better. Did you take the meds?" I nod my head and he smiled, again feeling satisfied with my answer. "Good … good." 

 

"It seems like you're not." I said cautiously. He tried to smile but I caught on quickly. "Don’t lie to me, soo." He shook his head and wrap the blanket around me tighter. "That can wait. I'll tell you once you're healthy again." 

 

I groaned, "I am healthy." 

 

"I promise I'll tell you just, not now." 

 

And I dropped the questions afterwards. What's the use when he's so freaking stubborn. "Fine, you should sleep. You probably have schedules tomorrow." 

 

Kyungsoo shook his head, "I won't be having schedules for a while."

 

One more chapter until my short hiatus ><