Chapter 10| Believing

Fighting the Test

 

I furrowed my eyebrows. There he is, Do Kyungsoo, the guy I longed to see but why does it hurt seeing him? Oh, right, he appeared right in front of me after 6 months with his hands intertwined with a girl’s.

After the light was switched on, I heard gasps coming from the side. All of them came out from their hiding spot and I could care less what they were doing. All I did was staring at the painful sight. They’re not even doing anything, they were just holding hands but it still hurts me.

Kyungsoo released his grip and fidgeted uncomfortably. I tore my eyes away from his hands to his face. He changed. That’s what I thought the moment I set my eyes on him. He dyed his hair and it was a little bit shorter. Eye bags were visible under his eyes and he had slightly gained weight seeing how his cheeks were finally chubbier, different from his old boney cheeks.

“Mirae.” His voice, oh how I missed hearing his voice saying my name. Luhan and Baekhyun later came right behind and they became quiet probably after sensing the tense aura. I smiled at both of them.

“Hello, Oppas.” I smiled again and waved. Luhan, who was always the dense one, ran to me and gave me a tight hug. “How have you been?” He asked once we pulled away with a cheerful voice.

Someone cleared their throat which made him to turn his head where all the other members were. His expression changed when he saw how awkward the members were being. He then glanced at Kyungsoo and the unknown girl at the door.

He scratched his nape and smiled. “Oh, I --- “Before he could say something stupid, Yixing spoke up. “Come on. I’m hungry.”

The members agreed instantly and walked out of the door while Luhan was being dragged by Kris. “Let’s go, Juniel-ssi.” Joonmyun asked after seeing her still standing there and staring at me.

Once the door closed with a soft thud, Kyungsoo made his way towards me. He smiled, for the first time after the last few minutes. But I can’t find myself to return the smile when the questions and what-ifs were running through my mind.

He took his hand in mine, softly caressing the back of my hands. He opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it. “Who’s she?” I asked, getting straight to the point.

“She’s a singer.” He replied.

“You know that’s not what I meant.” I sighed.

“I’m having collaboration with Junhee.” Wait, is he even talking about the same person? “Junhee is her real name.” I nodded. “That –“ Kyungsoo took his free hand and placed them on my cheek. “She was scared so she just grabbed my hands unintentionally.” He reasoned.

“Are you sure she’s scared? Because the hall’s is brightly lit, she could’ve just run an—“

Kyungsoo chuckled. “Oh, look at you, being all jealous.”

I glared at him. “It’s nothing. Come on, don’t you believe me?” He tilted his head cutely and I can’t help but to smile. “There you go. I missed seeing your smile.”

“How can you. You could’ve just told me that you lost your phone. I texted you like a crazy obsessed girlfriend. It’s not like the other members don’t have phones.” I was clearly frustrated of being treated that way.

“I purposely did that.” He answered. “What?” My eyes were bloodshot and I was getting ready to kick his balls and made sure he could never walk again. “I was afraid if I hear your voice, it would make me miss you more and finally make me insane.” He whispered as he lowered down his head.

“Oh” was the only thing I managed to whisper before his lips landed on mine. I closed my eyes and wrapped my hand around his neck, deepening the kiss. Oh how I missed the feeling of his lips on mine. It was so soft and soothing.

Without realizing, tears slipped and cascaded down my cheeks. And I know too well why I cried. Reality fell upon me when I didn’t know what was going to happen to us when I leave the company after that. Would we even get the chance to meet? Would we even get the chance to talk to each other?

His schedules sooner or later would get crazier and mine too. And not to think how do we even be in a relationship despite these things?

“Hey, what’s wrong?” He cupped my face, examining it. He wiped away the tears and hugged me. “Are you okay?” He asked, my hair.

“Would we be okay?” I whispered. Kyungsoo pulled away and held me an arm’s length. “Is that why you’re crying?” I nodded and he chuckled which caught me off guard. “Babo, you really got me worried there.” He said.

He once again, embraced me. “It’ll be okay. We’ll be just fine.”

Oh how stupid I was to even believe what he said.

 

 

My last update for this year….yipee~ Happy New year everyone!

@i-diocrat : You guessed it lol. It’s Juniel.

Yup, Juniel is the villain here. No, of course I don’t hate her. Who can even hate Juniel? I just … she’s just … she has that innocent aura and I wanted to make a twist about her personality here lol XD.

@amhemmelstern: Let’s just say, things are going to get uglier after this.