Chapter 15 |Visitor

Fighting the Test

 

I groaned and flipped over onto my stomach as an annoying vibration woke me up from my sleep. “5 more minutes.” I mumbled stupidly to my phone. I was this close to sleeping again when my phone started to vibrate again, much to my dismay.

I sighed and roamed my hands all over my bed, trying to search for my phone. My palm came in contact with a solid device and I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

Sloppily putting the device on my ears, I croaked a, “What?” as I was obviously annoyed with the caller interrupting my sleep.  I groaned once again when I heard Jongin’s voice over the phone asking me to open the door.

“Go away. Come again tomorrow or whenever.” I mumbled the last sentence. “Come on Mirae, we need to talk.”

Knowing Jongin, he would probably annoy me until I open the door so I had no choice but to force myself off the bed and went downstairs.

Opening the door, I expected a scold or even a glare from Jongin but what I got really caught me off guard. He hugged me. Jongin was actually hugging me.

“Jonginnie?” I called out his name as he rested his chin on top of my head. “You idiot.” He whispered. “Yah.” I slapped his back and he let me go from the pain.

“What was that for?” He pouted. “You called me an idiot, idiot!” I raised my voice and turned around, making my way towards the kitchen.

“You are.” He worriedly said as he followed me. I pulled out two mugs and filled them with coffee. I handed one to Jongin and I took a sip of mine. I smiled in content when the warm liquid went down my throat.

I stopped when I noticed Jongin was staring at me. “What?” I furrowed my eyebrow. “You’re … You’re okay.” He said.

I stared at him, slightly pouting. What was that supposed to mean? Okay? “Of course I’m okay. Why wouldn’t I?” I asked as I was confused with his comment earlier.

“You don’t remember? Or are you pretending? But you’re not even drunk yesterday.” He continued to mumble to himself while he stared at me.

“Yesterday?” I wondered and tried to think what happened the day before. Jongin nodded and repeated the word I said. “You broke up with Kyungsoo hyung.”

With his sentence, it felt like a hammer just hit right on my head when realization hit me. I furrowed my brows and my lips parted and let out a subtle gasp.

 

 I meekly chuckled and shook my head. I slapped away his hands from my face and backed away from him.

“I’m not doing this. You’re not going to fool me anymore.” I furrowed my eyes as I held in the tears that were threatening to fall.

I looked at him in the eyes and spilled out the words that I didn’t even want to say. “We’re over.”

 


“Wha—“ I was surprised that I could even forget such thing happened. I plopped down on the chair and my hands fell limply by my sides. I brought my hands to cover my mouth as I gasped.

“We broke up.” I repeated the sentence twice before realizing that it really did happen. Kyungsoo and I are nothing but strangers now. I broke it off with him, me; not him but me.

How could I even forget? It was yesterday but how could I forget that happened? Did I cry? But I felt perfectly fine when I woke up.

I looked at Jongin and he bit his lips. “Hyung called you, numerous times but you didn’t answer. All of us, me, Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung even Sehun but you didn’t answer.” He wrapped his fingers around the mug and continued, “We were worried of course. It was dark and you went home alone that night.”

I blankly stared at the marble counter as he talked. “You guys fought and you broke it off with him, hyung told me. He was angry but mostly at himself, he said. You need to talk to him, Mirae-yah.” He said, tilting my head up, forcing me to look at him.

“You probably didn’t mean anything you said, right. You guys really need to talk and solve these things properly instead of screaming at each other’s face.” I sighed at his sentence and looked away.

“No, Jongin. I can’t see him. You should see how he defended Juniel yesterday.” I said as I remembered the horrible fight. “He screamed, he ing shouted at my face, defending another girl.”A tear escaped from my eyes and I immediately wiped them off.

“We’re drifting away and he was getting further and further away, Jongin-ah. The words that came out of his mouth, I couldn’t even trust them anymore. How could I? When he says one thing and does another.” I shook my head and stood up.

“Thanks, Jongin, but no thanks. I really don’t need these kinds of things in my life anymore.” I said, turning my back towards him.

Uncontrollable tears were falling like waterfalls and I didn’t even make an effort to stop them. Before I could even step on the stairs, a pair of arms wrapped itself around my waist. He rested his head on my head and I leaned against him.

“I’m here.”

 

That was the last time I’ve ever seen Jongin. We talked and I probably dozed off when I woke up with a post-it on my forehead; typical Jongin.

The weeks went by quite fast and it was surprising to say that the last time I cried was when Jongin dropped by. My mother and brother noticed the slight changes in me but they stopped worrying when I say “I’m okay.” Every time they asked.

I started to spend more time with my mother and brother and I know that they find it weird because I don’t do these kinds of things since I prefer being alone or with Kyungsoo the entire time.

Since Kyungsoo’s out of the picture, I mostly spend my time by myself and I hated it. I hated being alone because when I’m alone I would even up over-thinking about things and when I say things, I meant Kyungsoo.

 

 

I was getting ready to go to the supermarket with my mom when my phone rang. “Eh?” A crease appeared between my brows as I looked at the caller ID. “Hyungsik-kie?” I answered the call.

I smiled when he laughed over the phone. “Aww, I missed you calling me that.” He said while chuckling. I, too laughed and put on my cardigan as I asked, “What’s up?”

“Ah, I just wanted to invite you to the broadcast station, tomorrow. It’s a Christmas special and I was hoping you could watch my performance. Are you busy tomorrow?” He said.

“Hmm.” I thought about the things that I planned for the day after but thankfully mom was going to go shopping with her friends and Minki has school. “No.”I answered with a smile.

“Wohhoooo~ Mirae Noona is comingggggg!” I heard Sungjae’s voice over the phone. “Oh everyone’s there?” I asked as I heard cheers after Sungjae shouted.

“Yeah, they missed you.” Hyunsik said as he laughed. “So, what time should I be there?” There was a long pause before he answered.

“I’ll pick you up.”

 

REPLIES

@greenlove : D’awww, thank you. You’re awesome!

@amhemmelstern : Omo, really? Did the exam go well? ><

 haha A-hole lol. I’m so relieved to hear that my writing has improved. I’m so worried that it might be getting a little too boring for you guys. Thank you so much~!

@lienne : Aww, why don’t you like her? She’s good and cute too. But if you want to start liking her, wait until the story is finished lol, if not, you’ll support the evil one in the story. XD

@i-diocrat : I guess this chapter really proves that Jongin likes her then? Keke. “Captain of the Kai-Mirae team” XD.