Chapter 19 | Moving on

Fighting the Test

Jongin dropped by on that day to persuade me into talking back to Kyungsoo and mentioned how miserable he was after the things that happened between us. Being the stubborn one as always, I still stood strong not wanting to be the first one to apologize as it was not even my fault to begin with, it was never was my fault. It's his. 

 

Jongin and I ended with a huge fight with him leaving my room angrily and me crying on the bed for hours. Me and Jongin never fight even though he irks me to death. I regret yelling at him and I felt guilt eating me inside out and even thought of calling him multiple times but I can't do it.

 

I need some time off. I cant take all of this drama in my life anymore. All of us, all 13 of us used to be a family but now … now it's obvious that we don’t live in the same world anymore

 

I cut off all connections I have with the members and we haven't spoken to each other for almost a month and I'm proud of myself for that. This proves that I'm strong and not that little girl anymore. That little girl who runs into their embrace whenever she hit bottom in life, I'm not that little girl who cries in her sleep and need them to console me. I'm not that little girl anymore and I want to prove to them, to everyone that I cant stand on my own feet and doesn’t need any of their shoulders to cry on. I'm not. 

 

 

 

My break was over and now I'm back at my dorm, sorting things out and reorganizing stuff that I bought to decorate my dorm.  

 

"You're here early." I heard Iseul's voice as she entered the dorm. I flashed her a smile before continuing putting up the polaroid pictures that I took from home. I pasted the last picture and jumped off the chair.  

 

"There's nothing much to do at home." I shrugged and gave her a hug. Iseul looked at me after we broke off the hug and smiled, and I know that she knows something happened.  

 

"Do you want to tell me about it?" She softly asked and I looked at her, almost tearing up. I did not open up at anyone about what happened. Except for Jongin that is and that was a month ago. I was not ready to spill it. I don’t even know if I'm strong enough to remember the things that happened.

 

I contemplated for a few seconds and Iseul understood me. She gave me a hug once more and told me that she would always be there whenever I'm ready and I love her for that. 

 

We talked for hours after that, keeping up with each other. A knock came to the door and Iseul scrambled off to open. I played with my phone while waiting for her as it seemed to be he friend at the door. 

 

She came back minutes later and I looked up at her, asking who it was. "It's my friend, we're going out for lunch. Do you want to come along?" 

I was hungry as I skipped breakfast. "Yeah, sure."

  

After changing into decent clothes for the cold weather, I stepped out first since Iseul was searching for her phone. "Go down first, he'll probably waiting downstairs for us."

 

I felt a little awkward even by the thought of being alone with a stranger so I waited for Iseul outside the dorm. Much to my surprise, her friend was waiting outside the dorm.  I was lucky that I didn’t scream or else I would just make a fool out of myself. 

 

It was so awkward, I thought of running back inside but that would be just rude and he would misunderstand so I stood awkwardly beside him.

 

"I'm Sungjoon by the way." He spoke up and that was the first time I've ever take a close look at him. If I say he is attractive, that would be an understatement. He's more than that. I realized I was staring too long and I felt embarrassed for checking him out when he's just right beside me. 

 

"I'm Mirae." I smiled and shook his hands. He held my hand longer than necessary and I felt more than awkward all of a sudden. I pulled back my hand and he sheepishly smiled and scratched the back of his nape. "Sorry." 

 

Just in time, Iseul came out of the door, running and hurriedly closed the door but stopped when she saw us right outside. "Oh you're here."  

 

"Let's go." Sungjoon said after Iseul locked our dorm.

 

  

 

I've settled myself beside Iseul at he café where Iseul and Sungjoon promised to meet Iseul's boyfriend. The ring belled which means that a new customer just arrived and Iseul excitedly sprang up from her seat and went to hug whom I guessed is her boyfriend.  

 

How does Iseul even meet these people? I wondered as I saw how model-like her boyfriend was. Her boyfriend greeted me with a smile and handshake. "Iseul told me a lot about you." He said and I smiled politely. "Good things, I hope." I replied. 

 

We chat for a few minutes before a waiter came by to our table to take our orders. I fished out my purse from my bag but Sungjoon beat me to it and paid my orders. "That's okay, my treat." I smiled gratefully. "You shouldn’t have, though." 

 

"So, do you live around here?" He asked and I shook my head. "I'm from Seoul, actually." It was all comfortable silence after that as I cant think of anything to ask.  

 

I glanced at the couple beside me and smiled, seeing how happy Iseul looked. Woobin was playing with her fingers and whispered sweet things to her I guessed by seeing how delighted she looked.  

 

Seeing them reminded me of my own relationship. A lot of what-ifs popped up in my mind and I scolded myself for even thinking about it. I'm over that. I'm over him. 

 

"Get used to it."Sungjoon said which brought me back from my deep thoughts. I chuckled at his remarks. "I've been putting up with those two for 3 years." He shuddered and I laughed. "Well, at least you're not alone now." I said and he thanked me jokingly.  

 

After a long time, it was safe to say that ,that was the best meal I've had in months.  

 

"It's nice of you to drive 3 hours for Iseul." Sungjoon and I were giving Iseul and Woobin some space as we walked just a few steps behind the couple.

"Woobin threatened me and I couldn’t say no. I had no choice." He joked. "Iseul's like my little sister. We didn’t see each other for weeks and I kind of missed her." I nodded understandingly. 

 

 

  

Iseul gave me a hug and apologized. "Sungjoon will bring you back to the dorm, okay." I nodded and hugged her one more time. "Have fun." I said and bid her goodbye and she hopped into Woobin's car. 

 

The ride back to the dorm wasn’t awkward and I'm happy with that. We talked about a lot of things and I felt as if I've known Sungjoon all my life.  

 

"Thank you for the ride." I picked up my handbag and smiled at Sungjoon thankfully. "Let's meet some time in Seoul." He said and I had no reply to that. I simple smiled and make a move to get out of the car but his voice stopped me from doing so. 

 

"Uhmm … Can I … "He hesitated and I know exactly what he meant. I chuckled and grabbed his phone form his grasp. I punched in my number and gave him back his phone, "There you go." He bashfully smiled and scratched his nape, "Thanks." 

 

He seems to have something to say so I stayed there waiting. "What is it?" "Maybe, maybe if we could go out for coffee some time when you're back in Seoul."

 

"Yeah, sure."I gladly accepted his offer and bid him goodbye before going out of the car. Like the gentleman he is, he waited for me to go into the building before speeding off.

 

 

 

I'm sorry for not updating for months. I was busy till October but I have no excuse for only updating now when I'm pretty much do nothing at home since the 2nd week of October. I'm sorry for that.

If you guys are expecting Kyungsoo in here, I'm sorry for that too, but he will be in the next update so yeah.

Kyungsoo is hurt and I hope he'll recover fast, poor baby.

One the side note, I just made a new fanfic, yay. Something in the Mist. I hope you guys could spend a minute or two checking that out, I'll love you forever.