Chapter 24 | Rumors

Fighting the Test

Kyungsoo dropped by the next day with a simple excuse that he would be busy preparing for the mini album for the next few weeks. I let him use my laptop while I was finishing up my assignment that I did not manage to finish in time.  

 

"That's why you should do more important things first rather than watching those sappy movies all the time." I rolled my eyes when I heard Kyungsoo nag for the nth time. "Shut up, soo. I'm trying to concentrate." I mumbled as I typed away using my computer. 

 

"What is this?" Kyungsoo's voice was curious as he pressed play and I recognized a familiar melody started to play in the background. "Just one of the stuff I made." I muttered, still trying to make up words in my head. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him bobbing his head to the song and I smiled. I did compose the song for him after all. Feeling relieved that he liked the song, I continued trying to finish the slideshow as fast as I can. 

 

"I think this is my new favorite from your songs." He said and I snorted. "You always say that whenever I play for you my songs." He sat next to me with a serious face. "Why didn’t you sell these?" 

 

I shrugged and turned back around, "I don’t know, I don’t have enough connections, I guess. Plus, I have too much in my hands right now, maybe later."I let him do whatever he wanted for the next hours as both of us sat in silence.  

 

I clicked 'send' and then jumped on bed, feeling proud of myself for even finishing up even though I almost missed the dateline. Kyungsoo was still focusing on whatever he was doing on the laptop but then he turned to me and asked for Sungjoon. "What was his name again?" I gave him the answer and he instantly typed on the laptop. I rolled on my belly and looked at him suspiciously. "Don’t tell me you're searching his name up." 

 

When he didn’t answer I groaned. "You're so immature, seriously." He was silent and I wondered what is it that made him so focused, usually when he's jealous he would talk and talk about how better he was than the latter. "You look cute wearing my beanie." He said out of a sudden. 

 

It took seconds for me to actually understand what he was implying and I widened my eyes, immediately standing up on my feet. "Don’t tell me--." 

Kyungsoo pulled me on his lap as he scrolled down the page. "My girlfriend is popular wait-- are you holding his hands?" He looked at me accusingly. I pushed his hand off the mouse and scrolled down myself. "That giant takes forever to even take a step, I was getting frustrated." I clicked on a picture and whined how I look like a midget standing next to him. 

 

I found out that the pictures came out yesterday. "How can I not know about this." I mumbled to myself and Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned on my shoulder. "That's why you should sign up for those social websites rather than watching those movies all the time." I knocked his head with my knuckles and glared at him jokingly. "Can you stop insulting my taste in movies." He chuckled and kissed my shoulder before apologizing. "I don’t like how you're in a scandal with another man." He pouted. 

 

"Should I upload pictures of us?" I suggested jokingly but he seriously answered "Let's do that." I sighed and scrunched up my face, "Let's not. It's risky, baby you know that." Kyungsoo decided it's best to drop the topic and we did, none of us spoke up until we scrolled through the comments. 

 

Both Kyungsoo and I were shocked to see that most of the people that commented on the scandal were supporting rather than bashing me. "Daww they said I'm pretty." I squealed, loving the compliment. Kyungsoo snorted and rolled his eyes, "Which part do both of you look cute anyway? You look more like his little sister." He jealously grumbled.  

 

 

Author's POV 

 

Both of them closed the laptop ,leaving a jealous Kyungsoo and a satisfied Mirae. But what they missed was one comment that outnumbered by the numerous supporting comments. 

 

'Isn't that D.O oppa from EXO's beanie??? you can see oppa's initials written on the beanie … heung this is suspicious ><"

 

Indeed unmistakably, even though the initials was veryvery small, the white writing could easily be seen in contrast to the black beanie. 

 

 

 Should I do a daily update? lol no