Chapter 16 | Suprise, Surprise

Fighting the Test

 

It turned out that I was going to go on my own the day of the broadcast. Hyunsik called early in the morning to apologize and told me that he has schedule in the morning and had to rush to the broadcast station afterwards. He kept on apologizing that it was awfully annoying so I hang up on him.

I got ready and took the lunch that my mom had packed for the boys. The bus was so packed that I had to squeeze in to get in. I let out a sigh as I successfully snatch a seat from the other passenger. I could hear the other man that was apparently trying to sit on the seat that I sat on cursing.

The ride from my house to the broadcast station was long and to make it worse, it was freaking cold. I really should get my own car. I sighed and looked at the watch. I still had a couple more hours till the show starts. I looked out the window and leaned against the seat.

Half an hour passed and soon, I arrived at my stop. I stepped out of the bus and instantly I shivered as the wind blew. I groaned as I started to walk towards where the building was.

 

I crossed my leg over my other one as I waited for the other members of BTOB to arrive. The ones that arrived first were Peniel, Sungjae and Ilhoon since they’re the ones that got their makeup done early so their managers sent them first.

“Hey.” I scolded the maknae line as I saw them opening the lunch boxes that my mother prepared. “I’m hungry, noona.” That brat used his aegyo against me. I rolled my eyes and waved my hands lazily, letting them do whatever they want. “I’m not even going to say anything when the hyungs beat the crap out of you, Sungjae-ah.”

He stopped eating for a moment but my hopes of him waiting for the other members crashed when he simply shrugged and picked up his chopsticks.

My face lit up when I heard the door opening and Hyunsik came in through the door. A smile appeared on his face as he saw me on the couch. Almost immediately, I stood up and made my way towards him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. It was until I saw his face that I realized how much I missed him.

He chuckled and wrapped his own around my waist. “I missed you.” I whispered loud enough for only him to hear. Right after hearing my words, he pulled away an arm’s length and observed my face. “Are you okay?” He asked.

It was amazing how he could know that there was something wrong only by hearing my voice. I looked into his eyes. He didn’t know. And he won’t. I won’t tell him how I stupidly let my anger break apart my own relationship. I won’t tell him how miserable I was these past months. I certainly won’t tell him how I kept on hiding the sadness behind my fake smiles and laughter.

“I am.” I simply shrugged and walked to the other members, exchanging greetings with them. “Come on, my mom made these for you guys.” I waved Hyunsik over as I saw him still standing where we were earlier. He hesitantly took a seat next to me and I gave him a pair of chopsticks.

Shortly after, all of the lunch boxes were empty and all of the members were full. “Whoa, didn’t you guys have breakfast?” I asked, amazed. Minhyuk shrugged. “Your mom’s cook skills are the best really. If only you could cook like him.” He muttered the last part.

I gasped and slapped his arm. “I’m not even that bad.” I argued but that just made the members to laugh at me. “What?” I looked at them. “Come on, Mirae, you couldn’t even cut properly.” Eunkwang said. I glared at him but he remained unfazed.

The kept on laughing until Hyunsik finally decided to speak up. “Cut it out, guys.” I was about to thank him until, “At least she knows how to boil water.” He joked.  “Yah!”

Thankfully, their stylist noonas called them to get dressed up for their performance. In a blink the waiting room started to be busy with their staff running everywhere. The members who came out fist got their makeup touched up and hair all done.

I started to fell unwanted when I sat there alone on the sofa while the others were busy. To make myself feel less awkward, I started to play around with my phone.

I was totally immersed on winning the Anipang but was interrupted when someone decided to nudge me when I was this close to earning the highest points. I groaned and glared at the person. “Seriously, Hyunsik. Now? Go and do whatever you always do.” I said before giving my whole attention towards the game.

I heard him sigh and he suddenly snatched my phone away from me. “Hey” I protested. “Tell me.” He kept the phone away from my reach when he held them in the air. “Something’s wrong. Tell me, now.”

I sighed and let my hands to fall limply on the sofa. “I’m alright, okay. Now, give me back my phone.” I held out my palm in front of him. He eyed me and I looked straight into his eyes, trying to convince him that I was okay. He narrowed his eye when I gulped. “You know you can’t lie to me, right?”

I blew my bangs. “You’re seriously the most annoying person I’ve ever met in my whole life.” I muttered to which he replied lazily, “Yeah, yea.” He sits properly and turned to me. “Now tell what I didn’t know.” His voice was softer.

“It’s a long story.” I sighed. Hyunsik checked his watch and turned his attention back to me. “We have a lot of time.”

I looked at him for a few seconds before giving up. I unwillingly opened up my mouth to pour everything out when the door opened, revealing 

 

Do Kyungsoo.

My heartbeat started to speed up and I let out a subtle gasp as I was really wasn’t expected to be seeing him there. His hair was perfectly styled and he was dressed in a red knitted sweater and white pants.

He seemed surprise to see me there, too when he stopped for a while not moving an inch while we stared at each other. My palms were getting sweaty and I tried hard not to let the tears to fall off my cheeks.

“Kyungsoo-ah, you’re finally here.” Hyunsik smiled and stood up, walking towards him. Kyungsoo awkwardly hugged him back.

Hyunsik didn’t even notice the awkward tension when he was all smiles and happy all of a sudden. “Your girlfriend here, is having a problem and won’t even tell me.” He started off.

My eyes widened and I tried not to run away right there and then. Really, Hyunsik? You could notice how depressed I was with just 3 words and you can’t notice the thick tension around the both of us?

“Really?” Kyungsoo looked at me but I didn’t. I kept my eyes glued to the floor which was starting to be so much more interesting than talking to the boys.

“I—I … it’s …” I stuttered as words don’t seem to be coming out of my mouth. I tried to find the perfect lie but all I got was nothing.

“See, something’s definitely worrying her. She didn’t even laugh out loud like she used to, her smiles seems odd and she’s behaving weirdly.” I bit my lips as I hear him speaking. “She even played games. Games!” Hyunsik exclaimed. “The Mirae I know never played games before.”

Hearing these, I made a move to stand and walk away but Hyunsik beat me to it. “You, go and talk to her.” I saw him nudging Kyungsoo which made him to stand up willingly, pulling me along.

He silently pulled me out of the room and I harshly pulled my wrist from his grasp. He sighed and turned around. I was about to burst my anger towards him but my phone vibrated.

‘Fix everything with him. He doesn’t look that good these past days. Something’s definitely going on between you two, fix it.’ – Hyunsik

I rolled my eyes. I know there’s something weird when he started to talk non-stop. I assumed Kyungsoo received a text from Hyunsik, too when I noticed that he was reading something on his phone.

I watched as he sighed and kept his phone in the back pocket of his jeans. Without saying anything, he took my hands in his again and started to walk to god knows where, ignoring my protests.

I stopped whining when he let go of my wrist as he pulled me into one of the waiting rooms. I touched the red mark around my wrist and glared at him. He seemed to care less about the presence of Juniel in the room who was fixing her make-up.

“Out.” He said to Juniel which made her  instantly stand up. She looked around, still unsure of what to do. “But, oppa …” He looked at her and coldly asked her to get out. She flinched before bowing to me slightly and went out of the door.

Despite of my hate for that girl, I actually felt sorry for her to even receive the cold attitude from Kyungsoo. She didn’t really do anything wrong. Kyungsoo may look cute and gentle but when he’s angry, even being in a cage with a lion is so much better than being in a room with him.

“We need to talk.” His voice was softer.

“I don’t have anything to talk to you, now excuse me; I have something better to do.” I turned around but his voice stopped me from doing so.

“Please, Mirae-yah.” He said in plea. I clenched my fist and turned around. You don’t know how much it hurts to look at him.

“Fine, talk.” I crossed my arms as I waited for him to open his mouth. He looked flustered and confused that he didn’t even say anything. He just stood there, staring at me. “I … don’t …” he stuttered. I raised my eyebrows and tilted my head. “What?”

He sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. “This is stupid.” He breathed out. My jaw dropped. “Excuse me.”

“This, us fighting. I don’t even know why we’re fighting. I don’t even know why we broke up.” I scoffed. “You don’t know? Really? Why are you so freaking dumb?”

“I ing screamed at your face about why I was mad at you and you’re saying now that you don’t even know why we broke up?” I rolled my eyes.

“Shows how much of a good boyfriend you are.”

“I was busy, then. My mind wasn’t even working and it was late that night. The new album preparations, that new song  ----“

“And you think that I’m always free, not even have anything to do with my life? Just sitting around at my house, waiting for my oh-so-lovely boyfriend to call?” I raised my brows.“It’s not just you. Wake up. So don’t use these ‘I’m busy’ excuse to me.” My anger was bursting and by the time I finished talking, I was panting. I wiped away the tears that cascaded down on my cheeks and looked at him.

“Don’t you get it? We won’t work out. You’re an idol and I’m nobody. We’re in two different worlds, Kyungsoo-ah.” I looked at him and it was then I noticed that he had been silently crying.

When he didn’t say anything, I continued. “Let’s just … move on. You know how it is th ----“

My sentence was cut off short when he suddenly pulled me into his arms and captured my lips.

 

 

REPLIES

 

lienne : hahaha lol. what if she turned nice afterwards? *dramatic gasp* XD

i-diocrat :sorry but no Kai in this chappie. *bow* but he's appearing in the next, though. every girl doesn't need a head jerk in their life lol

amhemmelstern : congrats for handling the exam well.. XD if i were you i would fail lol. since I'm even ...that. . smart.. d'awww thank you. and once again, i lol-ed at your 'different flavors of hotness' XD