Chapter 10 |Dramatically.

Fighting the Test

 

This is it. It’s the matter of life and death. One step and it could lead to my future. Just one click on my phone and it would be the best or the worst thing in my life.

I dramatically groaned and wiped my non-existent sweat on the forehead. “What are you even doing, Noona? If you want to see Kyungsoo Hyung, just go.” Minki said, clearly irritated by how I was standing in front of the door for god knows how many minutes.

“It’s not easy, Minki-yah.” I said in a sad dramatic voice. Minki raised an eyebrow and looked at me weirdly. “You’re being too dramatic. Oh god, just leave already!” He groaned.

I placed a hand on his forehead and nodded sadly. “You don’t understand, little man. You don’t understand how love ---“

“What the f—" Was the last thing I heard before I was pushed outside from the house. I landed on my and I winced. I heard him locking the door and I saw him went back to the couch through the window.

I held in my anger and glared at him. You’ll see what I would do to you when I get home.

 

I tightened the grip on my bag as I reached the company, where they usually practice was at. My eyes widened at the amount of fans waiting for their idol outside of the building. I saw some fans holding presents and cameras in their hands.

I was sure that EXO was there when I overhead some of them talking about them. I suddenly felt paranoid and everything felt exactly like when I was at their showcase.

My palms got sweaty and I would tense when the fans look at me. This is worse than the showcase. I walked away from the fans and took out my phone.

I typed in the number that I knew by heart and pressed the green button. It rang a few times before he answered.

“Oh,yah!” Jongin sounded surprised by my call. “Where are you?” I asked, getting straight to the point, not even caring how that little bastard called me ‘yah’. “We’re at the company. Why? Are you here?” He asked.

I nodded, feeling stupid afterwards after realizing we’re on the phone. “Yeah, is –“He cut me off, already knew what I was going to ask. “Yep, everyone’s here. Come on up.”

“Well, that’s the thing.” I bit my lip. “Oh, right, the fans.”Jongin too realized the problem. “What do I do?” I asked, feeling afraid that I couldn’t see them.

“Come at the back door. I’ll ask someone to get you.” He said. “But there’re fans there, too.”

“It’ll be okay.” After a few seconds, I finally agreed and hung up. I took a deep breath and walked back to the building.

I tried hard not to catch any of the fans’ attention while going towards the back door. You’ll be okay. They won’t pull your hair. It’s okay. There it was again, me getting paranoid.

Thankfully, by the time I got to the front of the door, there stood Jongdae in his plain t-shirt and sweats. “Hye.” He smiled and waved.

I made sure to go inside and out of the fan’s sight before attacking him with a hug. He wrapped his fingers around my wrist. “Come on, they missed you.”

 

It felt weird and out of place to be in the practice room again after all these months. I instantly caught their attention once I entered the room. They, of course attacked me with hugs and some even squished my face and I’m pretty sure it was Chanyeol. That oppa.

I looked around and saw that some were not there, including the one I wanted to see the most. “Luhannie, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo went for vocal practice.” Yixing said as if he read my thoughts.

Yixing went by my side and slung an arm round my shoulder. “Did you miss us?” He asked. “Of course I missed you. We didn’t talk for the longest time.” I pouted.

“Kyungsoo probably missed you the most, well he should be, since he’s your boyfriend and all.” Minseok said.

Sehun groaned and covered his face. “Don’t even talk about it. That hyung won’t even spend one second without talking how he misses his ‘honey’.” Tao shivered at the mention of Kyungsoo’s nickname for me.

“Oh come on. I suffered the most, I’m his roommate.” Jongin added.

I raised my eyebrows, quite surprise to hear all of these despite the fact that he acted like a jerk of not replying my texts. “But he didn’t even call me.”

“Ah, Kyungsoo lost his phone, both of it.” Joonmyun said. Ah.

“I really can’t wait to see his reaction after seeing Noona.” Tao said. “He’ll probably cry.” Kris joked. Everyone laughed. “Well, that’ll be one rare thing to see.” said. “Or they would kiss until the—“

“Chanyeol!” Everyone exclaimed and I blushed. “You and your dirty mind.” Kris shook his head. “What?” He innocently stared at Kris.

We spent the rest of the minutes catching up with each other. They told me about their fun trip they had while touring for SMTOWN and I shared my college stories.

“Let’s surprise Kyungsoo hyung.” Tao suggested. Everyone turned to him. “How?” Yixing asked, interested with his little suggestion.

“How about we switch off the lights and when he comes in, we’ll switch it on.” Everyone looked weirdly at Sehun. “And that would be surprising because ….” Joonmyun asked.

“Because he’ll only see Noona and Noona is girl and he would’ve mistaken her a ghost ---“

“Wait, what?” I glared at the younger boy. “It’s nothing, Noona.” I knocked his head with my knuckles slightly. “You just told me I look like a ghost, Sehun-ah.”

“I don’t mean it like that. I meant since you’re a girl, he would’ve mistaken you as ghost and plus your hair is creepily long and it’s black.”

I glared at him. “It’s not even that long.” I said gritting my teeth.

“Okay, enough. Other ideas, please.” Jongin said. Everyone turned silent, deep in their thoughts. Honestly, I wasn't even thinking. I don’t even care about scaring Kyungsoo; all I wanted was to see him.

“Let’s just admit my idea is the best.” Sehun said when no one spoke up. “Kyungsoo would probably be surprise to see a girl and to make it better, it’s Mirae.” Minseok said.

“And if Mirae looks scary enough, he would cry.” Jongin said. “You!” It was of course, Jongin who would get on my nerves. He laughed which made me want to punch his perfect face.

 

“Come on. Shhh!Shh! Quiet! They’re coming.” Everyone went to their hiding places leaving me all alone in the middle of the room. I stared, amused at how dumb they looked hiding behind things that weren’t even covering them.

Tao switched off the light when familiar voices was heard. I stood nervously, palms were getting sweaty, and my heartbeat sped up.

I gulped when I saw the door being opened revealing dark silhouettes of two people. Since it was dark, I couldn’t really see who it was. I smiled when I recognized one of it was Kyungsoo.

Not even a second later, the light was switched on, revealing the two. It was then the happiness was replaced with disappointment. The bright smile was swept off from my face.

There he is, Kyungsoo hand in hand with a girl I don’t even recognize.