Chapter 13 | Reality hurts.

Fighting the Test

 

I don’t really know what to think. Kyungsoo ignoring me for another girl really hit me hard on the head like a hammer. It knocked some sense into myself.

Let’s face it. I’m nothing but a college student with her dream that has yet to be achieved and Kyungsoo, the one who was living his dream. Juniel-ssi. Although I don’t know her, apart from her name and occupation but from the look of it, she’s really a perfect match for him.

Or maybe I was just being a little bit too dramatic. I really have to stop watching those weekends’ dramas. I shook my head as if the action would get those doubtful thoughts off my head.

I inwardly sighed. I snapped out of my thoughts and stood up. I didn’t even realize the tense and awkward atmosphere until I looked around.

The boys were still there, some were standing, some were sitting on the couch and some were on the floor.  I could notice some faces that were missing.

“I’m going home.” I smiled and slightly bowed my head. “Bye.” I whispered and made my way towards the door. “You can stay.” I turned around and saw Jongin standing right behind me.

I shook my head and smiled apologetically at him. “Thanks but I can’t.” I put on my heels and opened the door with Jongin following me right after.

He closed the door and I turned around. I waited for him to talk since obviously that’s the reason he followed me outside. He usually would just slam the door right at my face even before I could bid goodbyes to the members. That’s Jongin.

“What?” I asked as he just stared at me with no words coming out of his mouth. He raked his fingers through his bed hair. “Don’t worry about hyung.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not.” He half-heartedly chuckled. “You obviously do. Your face says it all.” I touched my cheeks and frowned. “How can I not be worried?” I finally admitted. “He ing hung up on me and then went out with another girl. Tell me which part of it tells me not to worry.”

“He probably just went out with Juniel-ssi to discuss about their song. It’s probably nothing. They would just be in the recording studio, anyway.”

I inwardly sighed. “I guess.” Jongin smiled and ruffled my hair. “You really need to stop doing that.” I frowned but made no attempt to fix my hair/.

 

 

“I’m home.” I whispered and went inside. I didn’t know that everyone was home when I passed by the dining room to see my whole family sitting at the table, eating dinner. My eyes widened when I saw my dad sitting at the dare end of the table.

They didn’t seem to realize that I was standing by the door until I screamed in excitement. “Dadddyyyy!” I ran and hugged the old man. My dad chuckled and turned around to hug me. “Hello, my little princess.”

I would be furious and cure him by now for calling me his princess but I could care less about the nickname. I missed him, a lot.

Our family’s pretty close. Although my dad’s not home often, he would always make sure to come home on special occasions and gives us calls to tell us if he’s alright.

I pecked his cheeks and sat down in front of Minki. “Where did you go?” My mom asked. “I did told you dad’s coming home, right.”

Before I could even answer, Minki beat me to it. “She probably went to see her beloved Kyungsoo hyung.” He said, mocking me. I glared to him and showed him my fist. He stuck his tongue out at me and continued at me.

“I’m sorry. Something came up.” I smiled apologetically. “It’s okay. Eat up, sweetie.” My dad smiled and picked up his chopsticks.

“How’s your study?” My dad casually asked. I thought about it for a moment before nodding. “It’s okay, I guess. I can cope well.”

“That’s good. Do you need anything? A new piano? I could find a studio for you to work---“I sighed. “Dad. I thought we talked about this. I’m fine. I don’t really need anything.”

My dad sometimes, felt guilty for leaving us so frequently that he would always feels the need to shower us with expensive presents. Although Minki gladly asked him for things, I don’t. I don’t want to be the little rich brat that would always depends on her parents.

“Okay, fine. If you say so.”

 

 

“Oh my god, it’s freezing outside.” I shivered. Jongin slung an arm around me as we went up the stairs. “Sorry.” He chuckled. “Since its cold, no one really wanted to go downstairs.”

“You’re the one who called me to come.”I glared at him. “And then you made me wait for minutes outside the door? How thoughtful of you.” I gritted my teeth. “Those fans eyed me like a bunch of hyenas.” I shivered from the thought of it. “They’re scary.”

“Is everyone here?” I asked as we went into the lift. Jongin shook his head. “EXO-M went back to China yesterday.”

It has been a few days since I’ve last seen the boys and that morning Jongin sent me a text asking me to come to their company.

“Why did you text me?” I asked as the lift dinged open and both of us got out. “Just because.” He shrugged and opened the door for me. I went in and he closed the door afterwards.

I was greeted by Chanyeol and Baekhyun who passed out on the floor, soaked in sweats. I laughed and turned to Jongin. “How long have you guys been practicing?”

“An hour.” My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “What?”  Jongin laughed. “They played video games till late and slept around 4-5 in the morning and we had schedule at 6. Since its cold, we turned the heater on. I probably set the temperature too high.” He laughed.

“You’re mean.” I slapped his arms playfully. He rubbed the spot and chuckled. “What? It’s not like I did it on purpose.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Really?” I asked, not even believing him. He smirked. “Okay, fine. But that’s because I wanted them to wake up.”

I looked at the passed out couple on the floor. “I guess you failed.” I laughed.

Both us sat at the corner of the room, side by side, talking about different things. “Oh my, that’s awful.” I gasped. We were talking about how Yixing’s waist problem acted up again.

“Yeah. It has been a long time since I’ve seen him in pain.” Jongin meekly smiled. “How can he not tell me about these things?” I asked as I remember him perfectly fine the other day I met him at the practice room.

“He probably didn’t want to make you worried. You know how Yixing hyung is.” Jongin explained and I nodded. “So he was home when I went to your dorm that day, huh?” I figured. Jongin nodded. “He felt sorry to you though. You came and he didn’t even say hi.”

I frowned. “Is he okay, now?” I turned to the younger boy. He pushed his lips with his finger and bit it. “I don’t know. He doesn’t really tell us these things. By seeing how he only sleeps on our day off, I figured he’s still in pain.” I sighed. If I could, I would’ve helped him. I just feel helpless in these situations.

“Don’t worry about him. He’s big enough to take care of himself.” Jongin said and ruffled my hair; the thing he always does to me every time I’m with him. I frowned. “You’re messing up my hair.”I said looking at my bird-nest like hair through the mirror.

“What? You look better like this.” I glared at him. “Yah!” Of course, Jongin would always be Jongin. His laughter was cut off short when the door opened, revealing Joonmyun, Kyungsoo and her. Oh how fast my mood changed right at that moment.

I stiffened and I’m pretty sure Jongin and Joonmyun noticed too since they became uncomfortable. Kyungsoo, on the other hand was still unaware of my presence when all he had his eyes on were her.

Their laughter echoed through the room and my hands balled into a fist. I stood up and took my handbag which was placed on the ground. “I need to go home.” I said to Jongin.

That caught his attention and he stopped talking to Juniel. If I kept quiet and just sat there, I wonder if he would ever know I was there.

“Oh, hey”

 

REPLIES

@vickytu0824      : ohmy~ you’re so sweet! Keke. Glad you liked this story. Keep on supporting me,yea?

@amhemmelstern  :haha lol. Me too! Whenever I read fanfics I would LOVE the part where the main fights lol. It gives me some sort of satisfaction? Is that weird? I’m weird. -.- anyways, thank you for reading~

@i-diocrat                 : ikr. But the pair looks cute don’t ya think? Juniel and Kyungsoo? NOO! Kyungsoo looks so cute to be a cheater. XD.