Chapter 23 | With Sungjoon

Fighting the Test

okay yeah so I did a little mistake here haha. I have hidden chapters and I'm supposed to update this one first but I accidentally checked off the next chapter since I was editing it aaaaaand I didnt realize it until now so ... I'm sorry >< I'll make sure to check everything first next time. but hey, two updates in a row.:D

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I walked back to the kitchen to find Kyungsoo struggling with the stove. I silently helped him and he mumbled a 'thanks' before going to the pot. I watched him put the pot on the stove and then moved to the fridge to take the side dishes. I sighed, he was totally ignoring me. 

 

"You're not mad, are you?" I asked as I stood next to him but he gave no answer as he took out the side dishes and put them on the counter. I rolled my eyes and followed him around, trying to make him talk to me but he keep on ignoring. 

 

I kept my mouth shut, if he's not going to talk then so be it. I have no time to entertain his childish attitude. "You seemed so comfortable in his arms." He mumbled in a low voice, if I hadn't stand so close I wouldn’t even hear what he said. 

 

"Don’t tell me you're jealous of Jongin." That was totally absurd. He kept quiet for a while, concentrating on stirring the pot. I knew something happened between them and it was their job to fix it, so I dropped the questions and helped him with the side dishes. 

 

We stopped talking and he was still mad, not talking to me. I wrapped my arms around his middle and leaned against his back. "Let's not fight anymore." I whispered and he turned around with my arms still around him. "I'm sorry. I was just …" I smiled up at him. "It's okay, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to." 

 

He hugged me tighter and rested his head on top of mine. "Did I tell you how much I've missed you?" He asked. I nodded against his chest. "You told me that hundreds time yesterday." I laughed. He was about to say something but was cut off with a whiny Sehun who came into the kitchen, asking for food. Both of us continued on making ourselves busy with the food.

 

"In a minute." I replied. Sehun leaned against the counter in boredom as he waited for food. "What were you guys doing before I came in, huh?" He winked at me before I threw the cloth at him. "Shut up, Sehun. You're a minor." He snorted and threw back the cloth. "Excuse you, I'm 20." I walked over to him and pinched his cheeks, "Daww look at you trying to act all grown up. You're still 18 and a baby in my eyes."  

 

"You're only a year older than me, geez woman." He slung an arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. "Where's everyone?" He asked out of curiosity. "As usual, my father's out for business, Mom's out for dinner and that brat's at his friend's house."  

 

"Don’t you get lonely in this huge house, I mean." I pat his head, which I had to tip-toe because he was so damn tall. "You're worried about your noona, huh? I should move in with you guys." I joked. He let go of me to fix his hair. "We're the one who should move in with you instead. I swear, the security here is much better than the one at our dorm." 

 

"You know you guys are always welcome here anytime."  

 

One by one the members kept on going in and out of the kitchen with their empty stomach, whining for food.  

 

 

 
All of us ended up having a late dinner and the food made up for it since it was so delicious. "Omonim's cooking never fails me." Chanyeol sighed in bliss after slurping the soup. 

 

 

After dinner, I cut up some fruits for the boys as they watched TV. As I went back to the living room, I noticed that 2 people were missing.  

 

"This is the first time that they actually talk, without beating each other into pulp." Joonmyun said pointing at the garden outside where Jongin and Kyungsoo were sitting. "How long have they been like that?" I asked as I watched the two of them. "A while." Joonmyun answered and I grew worried of whatever happened to them. 

 

Minseok seemed to noticed my troubled expression before patting my back. "Don’t worry, they'll be fine." He handed a slice of peach and I ate it. "I know." I sighed, but I can't stop myself from worrying.  

 

I held in my breath out of fear a I saw both of them stood up. As they walked back, I could see them laughing and pushed each other jokingly. I was able to breath properly and small smile tugged on my lips. "See, they're good again. You're worried for nothing." Luhan who was sitting beside me, said and ruffled my hair. 

 

Both of them entered the living room, still laughing. Jongin immediately popped a slice of apple in his mouth as he sat down while Kyungsoo pulled me close to him. He forced Tao to sat on the floor which irked the hell out of the younger. "Just because you're noona's boyfriend." He grumbled under his breath and obeyed Kyungsoo's words. 

 

I laid my head on his shoulder and smiled up at him as he did the same. "Kaisoo is back." I whispered and he chuckled at my words before leaning to peck my lips. "I didn’t know you're into those ships." He teased. "Seems like someone has been keeping tabs on us." 

 

I pushed him away and sat closer to Luhan instead. "Shut up." 

 

 

 

I've made a plan with Sungjoon the next day since I'm in Seoul and we've promised to meet when both of us are in Seoul. Kyungsoo was busy since they said they were shooting a new music video for their December comeback and I was more than excited for it. He sent me a file of the song that him and the other two vocals would be singing and it was great. I could already hear the fans crying over them. 

 

"I'll pick you up." I held the phone in between my ear and shoulder as I searched for something to wear. "It's okay though, just tell me where we're meeting." I said and pulled out a shirt from the closet. Is this okay? Is it cold outside? 

 

"Text me your address, I'll pick you up." He said over the phone and I snickered. "Ever so stubborn." I finally decided on wearing a simple comfy knitted sweaters with a pair of leather skinny pants. I was lazy to style my hair so I wore a beanie. "This is cute." The beanie was Kyungsoo's and I'm pretty much sure he wouldn’t mind with me wearing it for a day.  

 

"What is?" I heard Sungjoon's voice over the phone and it was then I realized we were still on the phone. "Nothing. What time are you going to be here?" 

 

He was silent for awhile before answering, "In 20 minutes? Is that okay?" I hold the phone  in my hand after stacking up the picked clothes on my bed, "Yeah. I'll kill you if you're late." I jokingly threatened him and Sungjoon light-heartedly laughed. "Alright, princess." I scrunched my face.

"Don't call me that." I groaned before hanging up. 'Princess.' is what he has been calling me for the past few days and it irks me to death. Just because I hate him calling me that was probably the reason why he still kept on doing it. 

 

I trudged downstairs fully dressed and was met with my mom in the living room. "It's cold outside, honey. Wear something warmer." I groaned and went back up find my coat. My mom seemed satisfied with my clothes and I smiled meekly. "Is this okay?" She gave me two thumbs up and nodded. "Going out with Kyungsoo?" She asked when I sat down next to her.  

 

I shook my head. "Sungjoon." Which reminded me to tell the guards about it. I sat back down and my mom looked at me questioningly. "I don’t recall you ever mention to me about your new friend." My mom said calmly. "Just a new friend that I met at college … sort of." Just right on time, a text came from Sungjoon. 'I'm here.' 

 

"See you, Mom." I pecked her cheeks before grabbing my bags and went outside. Right when I stepped outside, a sleek white foreign-branded car pulling up in front of my house. And there he was, Sungjoon coming out of the car looking ever-so-dashing with a denim jeans and he wore plaid shirts under the long coat.  

 

He opened the door for me as I came closer. "You look pretty." He praised and I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering if he was just teasing me again. "I'm telling you the truth, geez princess, take a praise won't you." I grumbled as he called me the nickname again. "Don’t call me princess." I got in the car and he laughed.  

 

He hopped in behind the wheel and replied my earlier words. "Okay, princess." I punched him jokingly and he stopped to clutch onto his arms. "How can you be so strong for such a petite girl." He muttered under his breath and started to drive off.  

 

 

 

After the lunch that we ate together, we went to the streets to shop. After shopping for myself, I dragged Sungjoon along by his hand around in search for clothes for Kyungsoo. As Mom said, it's going to be cold so I planned to buy something warm for him to wear since he'll be promoting in December. 

 

"You're a guy, right?" I asked Sungjoon and he judged me for even asking him the absurd question. "Last time I checked, yes , yes I am." I held out the sweatshirt that I've been contemplating to buy. "Kyungsoo-sshi would love it." He said without needing me to ask out loud, he already knew the question. 

 

"Alright then." I settled on buying two sweatshirts, one hoodie and one puffer jacket to keep him warm. "Wow you just spent almost half a grand in one store." Sungjoon said after taking the bags from me. I thanked him for being a gentleman and holding the shopping bags for me. "It's okay." I said, replying to his comment. With the busy college schedules and exams I didn’t think I could go to shop anymore so why not spend a little bit more money than usual. 

 

We took a rest from the tiring walks earlier in a tiny secluded café at the corner. It was tiny but cozy and the food weren't that bad either. "So you're pretty much unemployed right now?" I asked Sungjoon and he nodded. "I'm waiting for the new movie to start filming." 

 

 

"But now you're jobless." I and he made a face. "Yeah yeah, just rub it in my face how I'm spending my unemployed days walking around being dragged by a small girl." He joked and I threatened to throw the spoon at him. "I'm not a little kid."  

 

He snorted and flicked my forehead which was totally random. "You're totally a little kid."