Chapter 14 | We're .... Over

Fighting the Test

 “Oh, hey” He said, clearly shocked to see me there.

I raised my eyebrows and scoffed. ‘Oh, hey?!’  That was the first sentence he said after not meeting for two months.

I blankly stared at him and then at Juniel. She most likely felt awkward when she slightly bowed to me. “Uhm … I’m Juniel.” She nervously looked anywhere else but me.

It turned more awkward when I didn’t reply to her. I kept quiet, trying not to blow up seeing the pair in front of me.

“Why are you leaving? You just arrived.” Jongin said, holding my hand. Kyungsoo’s jaw tense at the skinship. Oh so now he feels jealous?

I softly grabbed his hands and freed my fingers from his grasp. “I don’t feel good.” I meekly smiled. “Come on, Mirae. Stay for a bit longer. I just arrived.” Joonmyun said with big smile plastered on his face, to ease the tension.

I looked at Jongin, Joonmyun and then at them. I glanced at the boys on the floor and almost laughed. It’s ridiculous how they could still sleep in these situations.

My attention went back to Joonmyun. “I don’t know oppa. I could still come next time. I don’t want to be a bother.” Joonmyun laughed, his eye formed into half moons. “What do you mean? You’re like our sister.” He convinced.

I hesitated before muttering “If you say so.”

 

 

Much to my dismay, Juniel stayed with us, not even having the thought to leave since she looked so damn comfortable by his side. We were sitting in the cafeteria at the company to grab something to eat.

I glanced at Chanyeol that was sound asleep, leaning his head on my shoulder. I tapped his cheeks. “Oppa. Food’s here.” I said softly. It took him a few seconds to wake up and straightened up. He looked around and went back to sleep with his head on his arms.

 “Why did you even sleep late?” I asked as I pat his head softly. “He wanted to keep on playing since he lost.” Baekhyun snickered. Chanyeol scowled and lifted his head up. “That’s just because I was not feeling well yesterday.” He came with a lame excuse. “Yeah, yeah. Whatever.” Baekhyun waved his hand lazily.

My mind wasn’t really listening to the boys when the only thing I could hear was the annoying giggles from Juniel. I looked up and stared at them talking with each other, completely in their own world.

Joonmyun noticed my expression and cleared his throat. “So, Juniel-ssi, how’s the song going?” He asked. Juniel tore her eyes from Kyungsoo and turned to him. “Oh, we’re doing great.” She smiled and glanced at Kyungsoo.

“It’s going smoothly with Kyungsoo oppa around.” My eyebrows furrowed in confusion when I saw Kyungsoo blushed at the compliment. His ears got red and he was avoiding eye contacts with her. I bit my lip and took a sip of my drink, still trying not to blow up.

It was frustrating. He was being irritating. He didn’t say a word to me after that awkward “Hey” he gave me at the practice room. And to make things worse, that Juniel wouldn’t leave his side for even a second.

“Are you okay, Mirae-yah?” I was caught off guard when I heard him, talking to me. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. I was silent for a second before answering him. “Y-yeah.” I stuttered. He smiled.  He freaking smiled at me. “Good.” He said.

There was a few seconds of silence when Juniel decided to speak up. “Why are you here?” My head snapped towards her as her question really caught me off guard. My eyes widened and I stuttered at her rude question. “W-what?”

“I’ve seen you hanging in here for quite a lot. From what you’re wearing I don’t think you’re a trainee.” She tilted her head oh so innocently.

I scoffed and glared at her. I was about to blow up at her when Joonmyun’s awkward laugh beat me to it. “Mirae is like our sister. We love being around her.”

I would’ve shouted at her that I was there to be with my boyfriend and she ruined it but I can’t. She can’t know that the rookie D.O of EXO-K has a girlfriend. It would just ruin his carrier …. Their carrier.

“Ah, but aren’t outsiders are not allowed in here? I mean, even the media can’t come in here but she could?” Juniel questioned.

I was this close to break every bone in her, right after she finished her sentence but Chanyeol’s pat on my back relaxed me. I bit my lips and forced a smile.

“We want her to. We need her to be by our side. She’s like our lucky charm.” Jongin said, smiling at me.

I turned my head towards Jongin and smiled, touched with his words. It felt as if my anger dispersed and all of the rude questions that came out of Juniel didn’t even affect me. “Really?” I asked him.

I was really touched and thankful of his words. These boys aren’t really the type who would tell their feelings except for the playful ‘I love you’ and the terrifying, life-taking hugs they gave me whenever we meet but to hear the sentence out of his mouth really feels heart-warming.

“Of course, we love you.” Sehun, who was sitting beside me said. He then hugged me, burying his face at the side of my neck. I laughed and pat his cheeks.

In a matter of seconds, I felt another person wrapping their arms around me. I turned to the other side and saw Chanyeol’s face, centimeters away from my face. “What the, oppa?” I chuckled.

He closed his eyes and tightened his arms around me. “I can’t let Sehun the only one who get to hug you.” He said childishly. My eye narrowed at him. “You’re like a kid.” I smiled.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw someone standing up and made their way towards me. The next thing I knew, someone wrapped their arms around my shoulder.

“Seriously?” I asked as I tilted my head up to see Baekhyun’s face beaming down at me. “Group hug!” he yelled. I widened my eyes when Joonmyun and Jongin tried hard to squish me in between the boys.

“Oppa! I can’t breathe.” I said as I urgently tapped someone’s arm. I heard laughter and soon I was released by them, well, except for Chanyeol who seems to be deep in his sleep. I giggled; he must’ve been really sleepy.

Thank god we’re the only ones that were there or not we could’ve been in deep .

I looked in front to see Kyungsoo, still in his seat, not moving an inch with Juniel beside him shifting uncomfortably.

The table was noisy with Baekhyun and Sehun’s bickering, Jongin telling me about his new choreography and Joonmyun talking to himself about how delicious the food was.

“Of course.” I said after Jongin asked whether I’ll be there when he showed his new dance. As Jongin was ruffling my hair, I saw Juniel standing up. “I’m going to the bathroom.” She said, but no one cared as they were too busy doing their own things. I smirked as I saw her frowning and stomped her way out of the cafeteria.

“Don’t do that.” I pouted as I slapped his hands from my head. I curled the strands of hair behind my hair. “You, Kim Jongin, really.” I sighed. He laughed and stuck his tongue out. “I don’t even care.” He shrugged.

“You--” Before I could even punch his face, I was pulled by the hand. “Whoa.” I yelped when he pulled me until I was on my feet. “Yah.” I was about to scold the person but stopped when I found out it was Kyungsoo.

“We need to talk.” He said while gritting his teeth. I whined when he pulled me harshly out of the cafeteria and into a random practice room. Both of us stood in front of each other as I rubbed the red marks around my wrist as soon as he released it.

“What’s wrong with you?” He was angry, furious; I could see it in his eyes. “What’s wrong with me?! I don’t even ----.” He rudely cut off my sentence. “You’ve been ignoring me.”

I scoffed and bit the inside oh my cheeks. “Oh me? I’m the one who’s been ignoring you?” I snickered and turned to him with a glare. “Said the one who has been sitting quietly in front of me, busy talking with that annoying girl.”

“Don’t talk about her, like that.” He raised his voice. “So, you’re defending her?” I took a deep breath and bit my lips.

I was beyond furious, if I could I would’ve strangle him to death right then and there but I couldn’t, because I was stupidly in love with the person who accused me of ignoring him --- well I did, but he was partly in the fault too.

“What’s your relationship with Jongin?” He asked when none of us said anything. “Are you seriously thinking that I’m with Jongin, now?”

“You’ve been calling and texting him instead of me. Why did you ---.”

“Because you didn’t answer my calls nor reply my texts you idiot.” I glared at him.“Do you even know how it feels to wait for hours, telling yourself that he would call back or even send a simple text, but you didn’t. You’ve been too busy with that sweet innocent y Juniel.”“You even hung up on me and then I found out you were on a date with Juniel.”

“It wasn’t a date.” He softly said.

“You wish it was, didn’t you?” I retorted.“You’re busy; I get it but don’t do these things to me. I hate waiting, you know that. If you want us to be over, let’s just ….” I looked away from him when tears started to cascade down my cheeks. The feelings I kept to myself have been bottled up for a long time and to spill it out all of a sudden overwhelms me.

“Don’t say that.” He whispered, slowly making his way towards me. “We’re going to be fine. Don’t say these things.”

I looked at him looking at my face as he was using his thumb to wipe away the tears.

“It’ll be okay. We’ll be just fine.”

That sentence, it was the same sentence he said months ago. I meekly chuckled and shook my head. I slapped away his hands from my face and backed away from him.

“I’m not doing this. You’re not going to fool me anymore.” I furrowed my eyes as I held in the tears that were threatening to fall.

I looked at him in the eyes and spilled out the words that I didn’t even want to say. “We’re over.”

 

 

 

REPLIES

@amhemmelstern : HAHA LOL. Beating Juniel would be a piece of cake. *thinking about putting in it the ff. okay, no I was just joking.  LOLing at ruffling at each other’s hair.

@lee_anna            :haha. That’s really special lol.  You don’t just get to be a cheater on your birthday. Haha lol.  I was worked up about it too, yesterday. Kai really deserves the attention tbh. Not that the others don’t …. You know my point. ><

@i-diocrat            :Wait … does Jongin likes her? Am I missing something from my own story? That’s not funny, sorry. X Leave Kyungsoo? Check.