Chapter Twenty-Eight

The Jerk Prince

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this! Please see her website @ http://wattpad.com/ashleyy15 - author is ashleyy15

----------------------------------------------------

++Chapter Twenty-Eight++

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara's P.O.V.

 

"I can't believe I'm back here!" I jumped on Jiyong's bed while jumping to the beat of the songs played on my phone. "Gaho!" I picked up the little puppy which my face, covering my face with dog saliva. Gross.

 

"You seem hyper." Jiyong who was sitting on the edge of the bed, commented. It was like; I was in Paris yesterday and then back in the palace I missed, the next day. It was a shame the king and queen were not in the country at the moment. Apparently, they had some business to take care of in the neighboring country.

 

"Why shouldn't I be hyper?" I stopped jumping and eyed him.

 

He shrugged and said, "I don't know. By the way, tonight there'll be a little reunion party in the palace. Get dress." I was about to ask him about what I should wear but he cut me off and shoved at me a blue strapless dress. A reunion? I had to face all those..girls?

 

"You trying to get me killed? Bringing me all the way from Paris, back here, just to get me killed by girls?" I crossed my arms. The dress was still in my arms of course. If Jiyong wanted to give it to me, why waste a perfectly beautiful dress?

 

"What? You don't work for me anymore, and those girls think I'm over you. So just pretend I invited you as a guest, alright?" he lifted an eyebrow, waiting for my response. I sighed and nodded. I was about to head for 'my' old room in the palace but he stopped me.

 

"Another servant stays there now.." so he replaced me too? "I didn't replace you..It’s just..When you get back I don't you to work for me. Okay?" I nodded.

 

So he didn't want me to work for him, but he wanted me back at the palace. What for, exactly?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I examined myself in the mirror. The dress fitted perfectly, it was tight at my waist but slowly it got less tight and it reached all the way to the floor. My hair was loose and wavy since I washed it. I had eye-shadow on and light color lip gloss. Eye liner, at the minimum. I guess, I was ready?

 

Jiyong had been gone hours earlier since he was 'hosting' the guests. There was a big change in him of course; he had became more gentleman like after I left.

 

That was a good sign, of course.

 

As I entered the hall, young adults filled my vision. Guys and girls who I recognized nodded and smiled at me. All of them were from my old school, nice.

 

From afar, I saw Jiyong leaning against the wall with a cup of drink in his hand. He looked like he was waiting for someone since he looked around the crowd..Was he waiting for me? One way to find out.

 

I made my way to that prince and stopped in front of him. His eyes widened when I stopped there. "Whoa! Didn't recognize you there!" he grinned at me.

 

"I don't look that different!"

 

"Right. You want to dance?" he had put down his drink and held me by the arm.

 

Well, even when I said no, he would force me. So I nodded to save time. Immediately, I felt myself being pulled to the centre of the dance floor.

 

All the songs that night were slow so I had to slow dance with Jiyong. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. We were so close, if only I move in a little more...

 

Wait! What was I doing? Who knows he might have another girlfriend? Maybe she was even in the same room watching or glaring or whatever she was doing? I sighed, sadly.

 

"What's wrong?" Jiyong whispered.

 

"Nothing."

 

"You can't lie to me, you know?"

 

"Fine, do you have a girlfriend?" wait, that didn't come out like how I wanted it to..But it was too late since Jiyong laughed silently. What?

 

"No..Anything else you want to know?" he was clearly amused but I won't let him have his satisfaction. Well, there was one thing I wanted to ask him about.

 

"Why did you make this..party anyways?"

 

"No reason."

 

"You can't lie to me, you know?" I repeated his sentence he said to me earlier on. Revenge was so sweet!

 

"Fine. Remember you when your Homecoming was ruined?" did he have to remind me about that?

 

"Yeah, why?"

 

"Well, I created this because your Homecoming was ruined." he shrugged as if it was no big deal. It was a big deal to me! So that was the surprise! I can't help but smile at his answer.

 

"Someone's happy." Jiyong said.

 

"What girl wouldn't be?"

 

"Then you don't mind the next surprise then?" there was another surprise?

 

"Hit me with all you got!" Nothing could surprise me! I was happy and I didn't expect anything else. What Jiyong did was pretty sweet, even when it was Jin Ah who ruined my Homecoming two years ago.

 

"Alright." he took out a box and gave it to me. "Open it."

 

A box...my heart beat increased. Anything could be inside.. I opened it and there, shiny and beautiful, was a ring. There was a note beside me that read,

 

'Will you marry me, Dara?'

 

I looked up and saw Jiyong crossing his fingers and he was looking down on his shoes? Okay, he could go up front to a girl and ask a girl to be his girlfriend but when he was asking a girl to marry him, he goes all shy?

 

A giggle slipped out of my mouth that made him looked up at me. "So..well..I was going to be king by Sunday..and I needed a queen so..I'm not forcing you into anything! I just.. well.. I still.. err..-" Gosh he was adorable when he was nervous.

 

I hugged him and whispered a 'yes' as I took a breath, filling my nostrils with his scent. "I still love you, too Jiyong."

 

"SUCCESS!" the room cheered. Was everyone in it?

 

"Surprise?" Jiyong gave me a sheepish look.

 

"Happy." I smiled at Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------

Mianhe! hope you like it!