10

Pregnant by a Unicorn

*Who is going to take care of me now?* Kris wondered. There weren't any other doctors who knew how to take care of a unicorn baby. Besides if what Lay said was true then Dr. Ayu was really just doing them a favor. And she was the only one who could help out with the baby. Sighing Kris went over to her apartment and knocked on the door. Dr. Ayu came to the door.

"Oh hi Klis" she said surprised to see him.

"Dr. Ayu can we talk?" He asked.

"Of coulse!" She said. He went inside and they sat down on the couch.

"What is it Klis?" She asked. "Is it about Ray? I can exprain arr about that ok."

"Lay already told me about it." Kris said shaking his head. "I know you were just trying to help."

"OH MY WHAT A LERIEF" Dr. Ayu sighed putting her hand on her heart happy.

"Unfortunately though Lay thinks I cheated on him and broke up with me." Kris sighed.

"Oh no" Dr. Ayu said.

Kris nodded sadly. "But anyways would you still be willing to be my doctor for the baby?"

"Of coulse of coulse" Dr. Ayu nodded. "I wirr arways rike to take cale of you and the baby."

"Thanks." Kris grinned. "You know you're the only person I could really go to."

"I know." Dr. Ayu closed her eyes and smiles. "You'le such a sweet. So shourd we do a checkup whire you'le hele?"

After Dr. Ayu finished checking everything to make sure the baby okay Kris was ready to leave. Just when he was about to walk out of the door Dr. Ayu said "By the way have you decided what you ale going to name the baby yet Klis?"

"Huh..." Kris said turning to look at her. "No I haven't."

*Why didn't I even think of that yet?* Kris wondered while he walked home. He didn't even start to think about naming his baby girl before then. He guessed it was just something he was subconsciously waiting to do with Lay. But now he didn't have that chance...

*Hmmm what should I name her?* He thought. *It can't be something generic like Sarah or Melissa... It has to be something really unique.*

Kris thought and thought all the way home but he couldn't come up with anything good at all. He frowned. *I can't even think of a name... I'm so useless without Lay.*

He felt tears come to his eyes when he realized that, how useless he was without Lay. Not just useless... he felt... meaningless. He knew he loved Lay and would always love him. But even if he couldn't have him he would always have the baby. A little part of Lay.

*Is that really good enough?*

No matter how much he thought about it he knew that nothing would ever be the same without Lay. Lay was everything. His meaning for existence. Lay was his destiny. He had to tell him how he felt.

Kris put on his jacket and grabbed the ring Lay dropped at his house. Even though it was dark out now and storming he walked over to Lay's house. When he got there he pounded on the door.

"LAY!" HE YELLED OVER AND OVER AGAIN. "I NEED TO TALK TO YOU."

He didn't know but Lay was standing on the other side of the door listening but because of his resolution he wouldn't open the door.

Kris slid to the ground crying as the rain poured on him. Finally 10 minutes later he stood up and wiped the tears off his face to start heading home. But right when he walked onto the sidewalk a truck came swerving out of nowhere.

Kris flew 10 feet in the air and fell on the sidewalk. The ring was lying on the ground 10 feet away.

...He was going to propose...