The Truth

Pregnant by a Unicorn

"That's interesting hyung." Lay muttered staring hard at his game.

"Lay!" Kris furrowed his eyebrows. "Call Dr. Ayu. My water broke and I have contractions."

"I'm busy." Lay murmured.

Kris stared at him in disbelief. "Fine. I'll call Dr. Ayu." He growled.

He picked up the phone and dialed the number. It rang several times before going to voice mail. "Herro. You have leached the office of Doctol Ayu. Prease reave youl name and numbel and I wirr letuln youl carr as soon as possibre. Thank you. BEEEEEP."

"Hey... Dr. Ayu. This is Kris. I need you to come over right away please. I'm having contractions and my water broke and Lay won't even look at me. I don't know what to do and I need your help..." Kris sighed slamming the phone down.

He sat down on the bed and grabbed his belly breathing really heavily. The contractions were getting REALLY strong.

"I could really use your help Lay..." Kris said inbetween gasps of air but Lay didn't even turn to look at him.

Bring bring bring. The phone rang.

Kris threw it against his ear. "Hello?" he gasped.

"Klis!" Dr. Ayu's voice said. "How ale you doing?"

"I FEEL LIKE I'M ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH." Kris said.

"How stlong ale youl contlactions?"

"REALLY ING STRONG." He said.

"Okay. I wirr be thele in ress than an houl." She said and clicked off the phone.

"Less than an hour?!" Kris growled throwing down the phone. "I don't have an hour! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He screamed after a really strong contraction and started waving his arms around.

All of a sudden there was a weird popping sound and the baby magically appeared in his arms already wrapped in a blanket.

"What. The. ." Kris said staring down at the little baby. He pulled the blankets off peeking to see what the baby's was.

It was a boy.

"Okay... a name..." Kris sighed. "I'll name you... Kyungsoo in honor of D.O."

He looked around. There was no crib in the room so he set the baby down on the floor. Then he turned back to Lay who was still playing the computer game, his eyes full of rage.

"EXCUSE ME LAY." He growled stomping up to the computer. "WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING THAT'S MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR CHILD'S BIRTH?"

He looked over Lay's shoulder onto the computer screen and saw... a room that looked like Lay's room with a computer that looked like Lay's. In front of the computer were people who looked like Lay and Kris... and a baby was on the floor behind them. He furrowed his eyebrows looking around the screen for the name of the game. Finally he found it.

The Sims 2.

Kris stumbled back gasping for air. "THE SIMS?" he said.

"Hyung..." Lay finally turned to face him. "I'm sorry... I should have told you..."

Kris gasped realizing his whole life had been a lie. Suddenly it all made sense... Why he couldn't remember anything before moving into the new town... Why he could get pregnant even though he was a boy... Why unicorns even existed...

"I'm a Sim." He cried out. "I don't even exist."

"I'm sorry..." Lay said starting to cry.

"You're SORRY?" Kris cried. "You're not SORRY. I'm just a figment of your imagination! You sick, sick person! How could you play with my life like this?"

He curled up in a corner and sobbed to himself. An overwhelming pain crept into his heart.

Kris knew now he was going to die... He was going to die of heartbreak.

Suddenly the door to Lay's room swung open. In floated a monstrous skeletal figure cloaked in ragged black robes. It carried a giant scythe.

"NO!" Lay said jumping out of his seat to shield Kris from the Grim Reaper. "PLEASE. YOU CAN'T TAKE HIM YET. I LOVE HIM. GIVE US MORE TIME."

"I cannot do that." A low rumbling voice spoke. "I have already helped you out once Yixing. His time has come."

He pushed Lay out of the way and hovered over Kris. Kris just stared up at the scary looking figure. He already knew he was going to die. He didn't even care. His whole life and existence had been a lie. He had been created solely to be played with. So he closed his eyes and peacefully let life leave his body.

---

"DAMN IT!" Lay shouted punching his computer screen and breaking the monitor.

"What's wrong?" a calm voice said from the bed next to him.

Lay turned to look at his beautiful, patient boyfriend staring up at him from the bed.

"It's nothing." Lay sighed.“Just my favorite Sim died. And I worked so hard to get them together! Ugh.”

"Maybe you should take a break from that game for a while." The other suggested.

"Maybe you're right..." Lay sighed again. "After all there's no point escaping to an alternate reality when I have someone amazing like you right here with me, right Kris?"

"Right." Kris grinned. "Let's go for a walk."

He got up from the bed and headed to the bedroom door.

"Just a second." Lay said. He opened the disc tray on his computer, pulled out the Sims 2 disc and tossed it in the trash.

"Alright. Let's go." Lay said cheerfully. He grabbed Kris's hand as they walked out of the house and down the street together into the sunlight of the real world.

~The End~