Chapter 1 - Dillemas

Love Ain't Easy

AUTHOR’s POV

 

“Noona! Noona!” Young Bae shouted as he was getting the attention of Park Bom. But he noticed that Bommie is in her deep-thinking-state while sitting on the floor and sweating like a pig. She just finished practicing new routines for a stage performance with Se7en.

Young Bae is now sitting across her trying to figure her out. He then made faces with his squinty eyes, even squishing his face with his hands. Making him a deformed-face-slash-squinty-no-eyes. Usually, Bommie likes it when Young Bae does that but this time she doesn’t even seem to notice his presence.

“Yah Park Bom! What’s wrong?” Young Bae asked as he snaps his finger on her face.

Bommie went back to reality when she saw Young Bae snapping at her. “Oh Bae! What’s up?” She asked.

“What’s up with me? What’s up with you? You’re sitting here all sweating and like you’re out of this world. You are on your own world up to now. So what’s wrong?” Bae being all concerned and everything. “You can tell me you know that right?”

 

Earlier

“Yoboseyo? Yeah Omma?” as she picked up her phone and slouch down on the floor. Her mother has been calling her for the past few months telling her the same thing over and over.

 

Their conversation

“ Bommie dear, please listen to me and your appa. We want the best for you but not this.”

“Omma, you know I want this. This kind of chance is one-in-a-million. I just can’t refuse this. I worked hard on becoming a trainee and you know that.”

“You know that your appa is really mad at you, right? Ditching school and not telling us for the past 2 years that you are here in Korea.”

“Mianhe omma, you know why I didn’t tell you right away. Appa won’t let me if I tell.”

“Your appa doesn’t even want to see you and been telling me that he has no daughter. It hurts me hearing him said that. You know I support you always but your appa is really something.”

“I’m very sorry mom. I think I’ll visit you and dad when I get time.”

“I think this is not the right time for you to face him. He is really angry with you. I’ll tell you once he cools down. Okay?”

“Arasso omma.”

“Okay bye for now your dad is here. I love you Bommie, please take good care of yourself.”

“Ye, I love you too mom. I miss you so much.”

-end-

 

Bommie is dumbfounded as she finished talking to her mom. She knew what she did is very wrong. She ditched her university life in L.A and went home to Korea.

2 Years Ago in L.A

Bommie was sitting beside the pool. Her feet was on the water and slowly paddling. Her auntie sat beside her and tapped her back.

“Something’s up. Tell me.” Her aunt said while giving her the look.

“You know it already…………. And dad called”

“Aigoo… This silly kid, you told him already? And he disagreed.”

“Yeah. I knew that was coming.”

“You know if you really want to sing then go for it. It’s your life anyway. You’re all grown up and can decide on your own. I know you can do it. You got the……. guts anyway.” She gave her a smirk with her last words.

“Yah! Sungmo! I got the talent you know. That’s why I have the guts.” Bommie replied while pouting.

“Arassoo! You got the talent alright! So what’s holding you? Go on chase your dream. Achieve it! Show them!”


 

BOM’s POV

 ‘I wish Sungmo is here. She understands me.’

 ‘Should have told my parents that I was here and auditioned at YGE’

‘Otoke??? I’ve done bad.’

 ‘Aish! You’re a pabo Bommie’

‘Huh?? Snapping fingers on my face?? Aish it’s bae’

‘Back to reality Bommie’ she said to herself.

“Oh Bae! What’s up?” she asked.

“What’s up with me? What’s up with you? You’re sitting here all sweating and like you’re out of this world. You are on your own world up to now. So what’s wrong?” Bae said “You can tell me you know that right?”

Aigoo this kid is really a mother in disguise. “Nothing. I’m just tired. New routines are taught and it’s kinda hard.”

“Really? Is that all? I know you Bommie.” That’s true, even though they only have known each other for a year.

“Yep. That’s all. So what’s up?” she said while simply changing the topic.

“Oh yeah! I almost forgot. YG’s having an audition right now. Wanna watch? Ji and Chae are there already. Come on it’ll be fun watching them.” He said

“Oh yeah. FUN. Like when you’re watching me auditioning.” Bommie replied with a pout.

Young Bae gave her cute grin and grabbed her hands dragging her to the mini auditorium.