Tempest

How to Tame a Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click

The sun hadn't risen yet when Myungsoo stood in front of Jin Ae's bedroom door. He leaned his head, hand on the knob, battling himself whether or not should he visit his sister. He warily walked back and about to walk away when he turned around, staring back at the door before sighing heavily.

He slowly opened the door, careful not to make any unnecessary noise that could disrupt Jin Ae's slumber. Myungsoo instantly smiled at the sight of the peaceful Jin Ae sleeping in front of him. He knelt down, caressing the cheeks of his sister as he watched her sleep.

Myungsoo smiled bitterly as he tucked a loose hair strand before Jin Ae's ear and stared at her pretty face. He leaned forward kissing her forehead before caressing her cheek once again, "I love you Jinnie."

"I love you so much." Myungsoo smiled and looked at his little sister once more before leaving.

 

When Myungsoo arrived, everyone was already there in the control room making him raise his eyebrow, "That's weird."

"What is?" Hoya asked as he munched on what Myungsoo thought would be his breakfast.

"You guys."

Woohyun's loud laugh gained everyone's attention, "What do you mean Myung?"

"I find it weird how you guys are already here," Myungsoo said taking a seat, "You guys never came early during mission days. And considering the fact that this is a 'special' mission, I really didn't expect you guys to be so early."

"People change Myung." Dongwoo grinned earning a scoff from Myungsoo.

"Yeah right," Myungsoo stated and looked at each of his friends, "You guys didn't have to do this. I don't want you risking your life just because of my stubborness and this 'special' mission that's not actually associated with our work."

Sungyeol rolled his eyes as he approached Myungsoo, casually slinging his arm around him, "You don't need to order us around Myungie. Besides we are here at our own will. And stop with that I don't want you to get hurt drama because we already are risking our lives the moment we entered CIA. And don't forget, we're not just doing this because we want to. We are doing this because you are our friend, our brother."

Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol then each of his friends you gave him a genuine smile. The thought of having them around made him feel strong which made him smile, "Thank you."

"Oh~" Hoya widened his eyes, "Is the world gonna end today? I didn't hear anything about that."

"The Kim Myungsoo is thanking us! I can die happily." Dongwoo danced.

"Myungie~ Did your little sister gave you a kiss? I can't believe you actually thanked us." Woohyun teased as Myungsoo rolled his eyes. Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol who shrugged laughing.

"Can't blame them. You grew so cold." He stated as Myungsoo shook his head in disbelief.

"Whatever," he stood up and clapped his hands, "Come on, let's get to work."

 

 

The house was so quiet that it bothered Jin Ae a lot. She asked Nana about her father who simply told her that he already went on ahead. She remembered Myungsoo and asked Nana about him only to get an answer that he already left home before one of the household even woke up. Jin Ae sighed as she stared at herself at the mirror. Wearing a black stockings underneath her red bella classy vintage dress with her mojo moxy draper heels, she styled her hair up and braided it, smiling at how she somehow resembles her mother. She grabbed her black giorgio armani clutch and waited patiently for her fiancée to arrive.

Tracing the engagement ring on her hand, Jin Ae smiled bitterly, "I'm going to my engagement party and yet why do I feel so sad?"

She was lost in her thoughts when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist and she felt a soft kiss on her right cheek. Jin Ae looked at the source, instantly smiling when she saw her handsome fiancée smiling back at her, "Kevin."

"You seemed so...far away," Kevin laughed as Jin Ae gave him a small smile.

"I was just...thinking."

Kevin studied her for a while and he knew right away that this has something to do with what is going to happen - or currently happening that day. He instantly grabbed Jin Ae's hand, kissing the back of it before giving her one of his best smiles, "Let me guess, are you thinking why did I end up being with a gorgeous, y prince like Kevin Woo and what did I do to deserve him?"

Jin Ae rolled her eyes but instantly smiled, "No, actually I was thinking, how did I end up with a pabo playboy like you?"

Kevin placed his hand over his chest and showed a fake hurt expression, "That kinda hurt baby."

Jin Ae laughed and stucked her tongue at him before walking away, "Come on, the guys are waiting."

Kevin chuckled lightly and bowed to Nana before following Jin Ae's lead.

 

 

It wasn't like the usual engagement parties. Jin Ae knew this right away, after all, it was the Woos who organized everything. The party was held at a garden where lights were hanged around trees that lit the place brightly. On one side of the venue, a stage was set with white poles decorated with lights and vines stood at both ends. On other side stands a bar with a 'vintage' feel and near it a dj was doing his thing. Another thing that caught Jin Ae's eye was a table where Tiffany & Co's latest jewelries where displayed. Apparently, it's a stall where one could try on any jewelry she likes and borrow it to wear for the whole party. Jin Ae was about to remark about the idea when she heard aws and coos making looked straight at the crowd.

The crowd watched as the beautiful couple entered the place, admiring at how 'perfect' they looked for each other. Jin Ae looked at Kevin who stared back with a smile, squeezing her hand reassuring her that he's with her. As they reached the center of area, businessmen started to flock them, asking Kevin a lot of questions which he politely answered. Smiling, Jin Ae excused herself for a while and when she finally got away, she left out a deep sigh.

"You're too beautiful."

Jin Ae looked at the direction of the voice seeing Kiseop smiling at her. A pang still lingered around her heart whenever she sees Kiseop smile but she tried to shook the thought away, "I always am right?"

"Yes," Kiseop laughed, "Yes you are."

Jin Ae smiled and within seconds she was surrounded by her friends who gladly congratulated her.

"I never knew Kevin worked that fast." Soohyun laughed.

"Yeah, didn't expect him to tie you to him early." Eli added as Jin Ae rolled her eyes.

Hoon came up to her giving her a friendly hug, "Congrats Jinnie, I hope you don't regret what you did."

"Is it just me or you sound like you are doubting Jin Jin with her decision," AJ who's at Hoon's side remarked.

"I'm just saying the marriage isn't something you would just do because you just thought about it. You have to be sure and ready for it." Hoon scoffed making Jin Ae laughed.

"Relax guys, I'm not getting married yet."

"Yeah, but soon you will be." Dongho bitterly spat as Jin Ae shook her head.

"You guys will too."

The conversation went on and without Jin Ae noticing, one in particular seemed to hurt even more with the thought of her and Kevin being together - forever. Kiseop bitterly smiled as he watched Jin Ae retell the story of how Kevin proposed to her and defend her fiancée from their mocking friends. He uneasily drank from his glass and stared at Jin Ae once again before looking away, "I guess it's really good bye."

 

 

"I guess that's what we can do."

Woohyun watched his friends as they ponder on his idea of executing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter