The Oblivious And The Fool

How to Tame a Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click Me

Their spring vacation is finally coming an end and a 'good' way to celebrate the end of it is by attending yet another business party. Jin Ae often wondered how these businessmen never run out of ideas whenever it comes to hosting a party. The one she and her father is attending today somehow exceeded her business party expectations. Unlike typical business parties, the host of this one made it a smart casual one and instead of the usual evening parties, it was an afternoon tea party.

After taking her usual warm strawberry bath, Jin Ae dryed her hair and decided to tuck it in place with the use of a denim braided headband. For the party, she decided to wear a white plated dress buckled with a brown garden belt and a Zara contrasting printed blazer. For her accessories, she wore her Coach charm bracelet, her Kate Spade pearl stud earrings and her vintage great gatsby necklace. Her denim lace high heels and Mia pearly denim shoulder bag complimented her outfit which made her satisfied.

As she went downstairs, as usual her father was already there waiting for her. And with a few word exchange with Nana bidding goodbye, they drove their way towards the party. It was a long silent drive, and with Jin Ae deeply lost in her thoughts, her father decided to leave her some time alone.

"Angels." she softly whispered while her eyes trail down the road.

AJ's words were still playing inside her mind. The metaphorical theory or whatever you may call it of his about angels made her head hurt like hell. But after researching on who's Araquiel and Gabrielle, Jin Ae was getting a hint on what the pabo mushroom is talking about. She noted to herself that the angels' he's referring to are none other than her best friend, Lee Kiseop and the playboy, Woo Kevin. She figured out that these two guys are the angels for they are the only ones who, Jin Ae quoted, really cared for her and see her in a different way. And besides, she assumed that these two guys are the ones AJ's referring to as her angels for one of them will be her fiancée and she sees them in a different way unlike the other guys. The only thing that still lingers in her mind is the question, which angel represents which.

Somehow, deep inside her, she knew that the Araquiel AJ's referring to is the playboy Kevin and the Gabrielle is the sweet Kiseop. However, there's something inside her that denies that this thought is true. She doesn't want to think of Kiseop as the angel who could sacrifice everything for his faith and love. She'd known him for a long time and somehow, she can't see Kiseop as that kind of guy.

*But who am I to judge?* she thought as gave out a loud sigh. *But honestly, what can Seoppie sacrifice for me? Can he even sacrifice something for me? Does he love me that much that he could sacrifice like what angel Gabrielle did? And how can I tell him that I don't see him as someone that could be my....lover?*

Jin Ae bit her lower lip as she was trying to figure out AJ's words, *But...I don't see that angelic bastard as a lover too...We are just playing a game and all I could say is that, he's losing....somehow.*

*Honestly, I can say that I see those guys differently among the others but...it's not the lover way...I think.* She gave out another loud sigh as she massage her temples, "Why do that mushroom's words affect me this much?!"

"And why of all angels, he chose Araquiel and Gabrielle when he can choose Michael, Baraquiel, Judiel or Azrael?!" Jin Ae hissed as she is still trying to figure out AJ's words.

All through out the ride, Jin Ae studied AJ's theory in her head and her thoughts were only interrupted when their car came into a halt as they arrived in the party venue. As she and her father entered the place, Kiseop walked towards her and led her towards their friends. Jin Ae just stared at him, trying to study her friend and somehow something hit her.

She never noticed it before but her best friend actually grew up into a fine man. His features like his handsome face and physically fit body made him stand out among most of the male population especially at their school. His 'silence' and frequent smiles gave him the aura of a mysterious bad boy which made a lot of girls squeal and run after him. Anyone would go crazy for this handsome guy, especially if they got to know him better that they can see how caring and soft he actually is despite his cold exterior.

She wondered why didn't she fall for this guy instead. Fall. For this guy. Instead. Wait. What is she thinking? She warily shook her head, trying to push away the thought. Fall for this guy instead? She didn't even fall for any guy yet right? Then how could she think of that?

She didn't notice that Kiseop was already staring at her and when he waved his hand in front of her face, her mind went came back to her and woke her back to reality.

"Are you okay?" Kiseop asked eyes filled with concern as Jin Ae nodded.

He studied her face trying to figure out what's on her mind when Jin Ae suddenly broke out into a smile.

"Why wouldn't I be? Come on Seoppie, Hoonie and Dongho's waiting." she stated and dragged the still worried and confused Kiseop with her.

She warily looked back at him giving him a smile before turning back and sighed, "Gabrielle."

"What?" Kiseop blurted making Jin Ae shook her head.

"Nothing."

 

As the two approached their friends, Eli, Soohyun and AJ are already there with them. Jin Ae gave them a hi five and the two - Eli and Soohyun, were glad to see their girl friend Jinnie again.

"How's your vacation?" Jin Ae asked making the two looked at one another sighing.

"It was the worst vacation I had." Eli asked making Jin Ae raised her eyebrow.

"Why is that?" AJ asked making Soohyun glare at him.

"Thank Jin Jin for dragging you to their trip! You, Kim Jaeseop, is sooo lucky." Soohyun rolled his eyes making AJ looked at the others.

"Can you tell us how AJ hyung became lucky?" Dongho warily asked as the two gave out another loud sigh.

"After all the years of being friends with Kevin, this is the first time I could not tolerate what he's been doing." Soohyun stated as the others grew curious.

"What did he do anyway?" Hoon asked.

Eli was about to answer when the Woo Kevin entered the scene with Cha Jinkyung in his arms.

"Hi guys." he greeted making Eli and Soohyun hiss as the others warily nod.

Jin Ae bit her lip trying to hide the pang she felt in her heart the moment the playboy came in with the barbie. Kiseop, who's watching and studying Jin Ae's reaction also felt broken inside. He can't take it whenever he sees Jin Ae feeling uneasy and he knew what and who is the reason for it. He wanted to kick the playboy's right there but instead, he walked closer to Jin Ae and grabbed her hand, squeezing it lightly. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Jin Ae was glad of the warm presence her friend is giving her and smiled, "I am."

As she looked at Kiseop in the eyes, she remembered something written on the book she read before. *Angel of light that gives out warmth.*

With that, she finally agreed with AJ. Maybe Kiseop is truly the Gabrielle of her life. 

 

The party went on and although it was a tea party, it was just the same as the oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter