36 - March 26, 2012

What Is Love To A Machine?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Can you go up first? I forgot his medicine and I'll be just a minute." Luhan smiled up sheepishly at Xiumin as they paused in the middle of the staircase that led to Suho's apartment. "But Luhan, I-" Xiumin began to protest, only to have Luhan shake his head stubbornly. "It's fine. Suho is very nice. I'm sure you two will get along well. He know you're coming over and besides, he's Korean unlike Kris and Tao who are forever speaking Chinese." Xiumin did have to agree with Luhan's point on that one. He's only talked to one other person who fully understood, Kris's friend Chen, a Korean who had a Chinese lover. "Okay, you got me there." Xiumin agreed wholeheartedly while rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "So go and I'll be back quickly." Luhan smiled then started descending down the stairs. "Bali!" Xiumin laughed as he watched the blonde jog back in the direction of once they came. Xiumin smiled after his friend then turned back to climbing the stairs. Once he reached the right apartment number, he knocked and patiently waited for an answer. From behind the door, a small voice called "Come in, the doors open."   Xiumin cautiously opened the door, stepped in and politely removed his shoes. Closing the door behind him, Xiumin sheepishly stepped further into the small but cozy apartment. "Suho? It's Xiumin, Luhan forgot your medicine and went back to go get it. I hope that's o-" Xiumin walked into Suho's room only to freeze at the sight of the amount of exposed skin that stood present. Xiumin quickly covered his eyes while heat filled his round cheeks. "I'm sorry! I didn't see anything!" Suho turned to watch Xiumin attempt to back out, failing to do so as he tripped over his own foot and falling back roughly onto the floor with a thud. Suho dropped his shirt and quickly ran to Xiumin's side, helping him up. "Are you okay?" The smaller boy rubbed the back of his head and smiled in slight embarrassment. "I'm fine tha-" Xiumin's eyes met Suho's and both froze in their spots. They both stood like that for what seemed like hours until the sound of the front door opening and Luhan's cheerful voice filled the air. They both tore apart and Xiumin quickly rushed out of the room, cheeks flushed as he bumped right into his doe-eyed friend.   "Xiu-Xiu, are you okay? You're all pink." Luhan rested his hand on his hyung's forehead. "I'm fine, Lulu." Xiumin smiled weakly, only to quickly be startled by a soft angelic chuckle behind him. "Lulu, huh?" The two boys turned to see Suho smiling softly, his red hair ruffled slightly. Luhan quickly puffed out his cheeks in response to the minor assumption. "Relax, Lulu is a cute name for you." Suho ruffled Luhan's hair then turned to Xiumin. "Just like Xiu-Xiu is a cute name for you." The boy quickly looked down and bit his bottom lip shyly. Luhan quickly noticed his friend and smiled. "Have you eaten yet? Xiumin makes really good jajangmyeon!" Xiumin quickly saw through Luhan's plan and elbowed him. "Ow!" Suho laughed at the two and instantly saw through Luhan's efforts, so he decided to play along. "Jajangmyeon? That sounds good right now. I actually really love it." He held back his chuckle as he watched Xiumin's eyes light up. "Really? If that's what you like I c-" Suddenly a loud crash sounded through the house and all three heads snapped in the direction of the front door. There stood a man with thick eyebrows decked out in all white, a sword buckled to his belt laid at his side. He held a gloved hand out to the three after he gave a straight 90 degree bow. "Paladin 010, Kim Ryeowook, reporting from EXOplanet. Kim Joonmyun, I'm here to you to safety."       

"Who are you? State your business." I watched Chanyeol step forward and I stepped beside him, ready to face this new mysterious blonde decked out in all white. "I am the Commanding Official, Paladin 001, Park Jung Su, codename Leeteuk, reporting from EXOplanet. I've come to put a Park Chanyeol and a Wu Yi Fan into my protective custody. Resistance is futile." I looked at Chanyeol from the corner of my eye and he seemed to be looking at me as well, waiting for me to give some kind of direction. I was stumped to be honest. Suho or Baekhyun hadn't said anything about their being Paladin's on their planet, and even so, why would they want us? "Baekhyun... where's Baekhyun?!" Tao! "! Move out of the way, I need to go to get Tao." I stepped forward only to be stopped by the blonde holding his out in front of the doorway. "I can not let you leave." His free hand moved to the the left sheath that was held by his belt, he also had a twin one on the right. "Chanyeol!" I took a step back as Chanyeol swung his arm foreword, lighting it ablaze as he attacked the blonde. He quickly moved and drew his blade, but I quickly pushed Chanyeol out of the way. The blade collided with my right bicep, slicing it deeply and the burn was intense. Pain quickly shot through my entire arm as I jumped back and gripped my arm, silently cursing at the amount of blood I saw at the corner of my eye. Chanyeol paled and quickly grabbed me, pressing his hand against the right side of my chest. I knew what he was looking to do, it was dangerous, but it was our only hope. I quickly grabbed his neck and instantly felt the intense burn as I pressed my palm against the bulged flesh. Everything went black quickly after.

 

 

 "As official order from Commanding Official Leetuek I, Paladin 011, Cho Kyuhyun can not let you go." Tao backed further into the corner, trying to keep Sehun safe behind him. "Just give Baekhyun Ge back and I won't hurt you!" Tao shouted desperately. "You are in no position to make threats!" Kyuhyun shouted, drawing his sword. "Kyuhyun, Commander said he couldn't harm the boys." The blonde man from behind stated, holding an unconscious Baekhyun over his shoulder like a lifeless doll. "This doesn't concern you Sungmin." The brunette snapped harshly. The blonde simply his teeth and with his free hand, flicked the back of the brunettes head. "Don't address yoursuperior in that kind of fashion." While the two continued to bicker, Tao looked back at Sehun, hoping the younger had some sort of plan. "Hyung, you're still weak. There's no way out." Sehun said hopelessly and Tao couldn't help but frown down at the boy. "Never give up. I have to go see if Gege is okay. I won't give up!" Tao turned back to the duo and posed in a stance, ready to defend him and Sehun at all costs. "It must be nice to have your mate." Sehun chuckled bitterly as he stepped forward and placed his hand on Tao's shoulder. "I'll distract them long enough for you to escape. Find the others and rescue us soon, okay?" Before Tao could object, Sehun dashed forward. Tao dashed after him, running close behind him and before they reached the other two, Tao stopped time. He successfully jumped over the other four bodies, and made a dash for it. "I'll come back for you! I promise!"

    "Why is this so impossible?!" The smaller whined as he saw his partner clutch his most prized possession to his chest. "Nothing is impossible if you just believe, Heechul." Said boy laughed dryly at his partner's ridiculous amount of faith. "Siwon, be real. The small one with the large eyes creates earthquakes if we get close and when we do get close enough, his tanned mate teleports them away." Heechul sulked. "That is true, but what you fail to realize
Please log in to read the full chapter