139 - December 15, 2011

What Is Love To A Machine?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

  “I don’t know what to do Luhan-ge.” Tao buried his head in his hands while the older rubbed his back in comforting circles. The truth was, Luhan didn’t know what to do either. Kris was getting worse. His legs kept giving out and sometimes he ran into walls. His body was also heating up, by at least 1 degree a day. At this rate he might… Luhan didn’t dare let the thought cross his mind.  Since Kris stubbornly denied the idea of being taken to the hospital, everyone thought it was best for Lay to watch over him, since he was a healer after all. 

 

“Did you by any chance print on Kris?” Chen asked from the sofa behind Tao and Luhan. Tao pressed his index finger against his lips in thought. “I don’t think so. Would I know if I did?” The youngest turned to the other dark haired male behind him. “You would definitely know. Your souls connect, like right now, I can tell that Yixing is troubled. He was telling me last night that he’s never seen Kris’s symptoms before.” A frown tugged at the three pairs of lips in the room. The room filled with an uncomfortable silence. After a few suffocating few moments, Tao was the first to speak. “Do you think printing on him will save him?”

 

  “It’s honestly hard to say. I mean if you haven’t printed already then maybe he’s not-“ Tao covered his ears, refusing to hear the rest of Chen’s sentence. “I don’t want to think about it. It’s fine… I didn’t want to print on him anyway.” Luhan and Chen exchanged looks while Tao’s gaze concentrated on his fiddling fingers. Luhan really wanted to say something, but he decided it was best to keep his mouth shut. Sure, Kris didn’t return his love, but that was still his best friend. He didn’t want Kris to get hurt in the end but what could he do? Sit there and pick up the pieces if Kris broke again.

 

 

“I don’t know what to tell you Kris. Whenever I heal you, the effects only last about an hour, then the dizziness returns.” I ran a hand through my hair and shook my head. “Maybe we should stop?” I suggested. “No, I won’t accept it.” I smiled gently at Lay’s determined face. We had become closer since this whole accident happened. He was actually a softer person then I thought he was.

 

I looked up at the clock. 8:30. “Lay, it’s fine. Tao should be coming home soon.” I patted his shoulder and he looked up at me with a small frown. Before he could protest, I told him to think about Chen and then with a pout, he agreed. “You should be fine for another forty five minutes, but after that, no moving around so much. I’ll work hard to find a cure for your dizziness.

Please log in to read the full chapter