198- October 16, 2011

What Is Love To A Machine?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

  I could feel my whole body aching. I didn’t want to move but I wasn’t entirely sure of my situation.  I opened my eyes and the first thing I see is a teary eyed Tao with bandages in his hand.  “Tao.” I say softly. He looks at me and quickly turns away but before he could leave, I grab his wrist. “Let go.” He tugs slightly but I tighten my grip. “Tao, I’m sorry.” He doesn’t say anything and continues to try to break out of my grip. I pull him over to me.  “Tao. I-“ I was cut off my a swift slap to the face. My cheek stung from the impact and when I looked up, Tao’s eyes spilled tears. “You lied to me. How was risking your life for your so called errands? Good thing I followed you, you could have died!” He spoke harshly.

 

  “I-I didn’t want you to get hurt.” I spoke after a minute of silence. “It’s me he wanted, not you.” Tao bit his bottom lip while more tears fell. “I won’t just hand you over.” I looked into his eyes. “I won’t let you risk your life anymore. Next time, you might die.  I’m leaving.” I felt my heart sink and my body become completely numb.  Leave? “You’re not going anywhere.” I grip his wrist tighter and I ignored him wincing. “Let go!” He slapped me again across the face and I quickly sat up then grabbed his other wrist. My vision doubled before my eyes, making the room spin violently but I quickly shook it off.  “Don’t leave.” My body began to feel heavy and hot, especially my chest.

 

  “I don’t like you anymore Gege!” Tao cried and ripped his wrists from my grip. “T-Tao.” I tried to get up but my legs had no strength in them. I crashed to the floor, my vision still blurry. I couldn’t move. I felt numb. ‘I don’t like you anymore Gege!’ It kept repeating over and over in my mind until my stomach turned and my heart felt like it was being squeezed with no mercy. I couldn’t breathe. Something wet ran down my face, and I could only assume it was my tears. I felt lost. So lost. What was happening to me? I just didn’t want to continue anymore…

 

 

    Luhan and Lay later returned to see how Kris was doing. They arrived to see Kris on the floor, dry tear streaks down his face and Tao nowhere in sight. The

Please log in to read the full chapter