299- July 7, 2011

What Is Love To A Machine?
Please log in to read the full chapter

   "So what kinda girls are you into?" I looked up from the flyer I was looking at up at Luhan. Where did that come from? We weren't even talking about that. I decided to answer him anyway. "Family orientated, I guess. I'd also like a girl who could cook. She has to ha- wait why am I telling you this? You of all people should know." I bring rest my head on my hand and look at him from across the table. Luhan had just started talking to me again about a week ago, since he blamed himself for getting me beat up. It took me countless hours to convince him it wasn't his fault yet he still found excuses to blame himself. He finally started paying me visits again and now everything was starting to get some what normal. I only say somewhat because things with Tao have become somewhat heated, if you will. His intense glare has been following me lately. I would find him staring at me, watching everything I do. I'd sometimes even find myself watching him, in total fascination. Don't even get me started when we would stare in each others for hours.

      "Kris?" I snapped out of my thoughts and focused on Luhan. "Did you even hear a word I said?" He puffed out his cheeks. "Sorry, no." I answer truthfully and gave him a small apologetic smile. "I said, lets go shopping. I know you want to go to the festival tonight." I looked down at the colorful flyer underneath both of my elbows on the table. He's right, I did want to go. I wanted Tao to experience a Chinese festival with games and food with the possibility of fireworks. Luhan would always drag me to them, even though I never did well with people. It was always enjoyable though. "Shopping why?" I question. Luhan gave me his innocent smile, the one he always mustered when he wanted something from me. "What do you want?" I chuckle out. "I saw the cutest shoes the other day. We should get a matching pair, since you need new shoes anyway." I instinctively look at my shoes across the room then look back at him, raising an eyebrow. "What's wrong with my shoes?" 

 

    "You've only been wearing those same shoes for about two years. It's time to throw them out and get a new pair or two." I look back at my brown shoes then back at Luhan. "But I love those shoes." I begin to protest only to see Luhan's serious face. I sigh, knowing he's not gonna change his mind. "Fine." At the sound of the word, Luhan quickly stood up and grabbed my arm. Dragging me out the house, I call out to Tao in the other room. "Tao, I'll be back in a few!" I didn't get a chance to hear his response before being rushed out the door by Luhan.       The next few hours were a fast blur of nameless faces and countless stores. I sat on a bench, i
Please log in to read the full chapter