194 - October 20, 2011

What Is Love To A Machine?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

  Luhan just didn’t know what to do anymore. Kris was getting a bit out of hand. He had been going to bars and getting completely wasted. Luhan had to go retrieve him several times in only the past four days. Once home, Kris would empty his alcohol filled stomach into the toilet since he’d been refusing to eat anything more than a couple scoops of rice. Deep circles started to form around his eyes, his hair a tangled mess and his skin started to pale.  Luhan felt as if he was watching Kris waste away yet do nothing to prevent it. He could only hold his close as Kris broke down into his arms every night after having the same dreaded nightmare that haunted him. The nightmare that was actually his reality.

 

 

 

I had to wash away this empty void inside me.

 

  My vision was blurred and all I could make out were the flashing lights above me from the club. I pressed my back against the wall and left my head to spin around, following the dancing colors and shapes before my eyes. All this movement is making me nauseous. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to hold my head still. I shouldn’t have drank that much but I didn’t see any other way of forgetting my problems without hurting myself…

 

 "Arm." I tapped his right shoulder and he stretched out his arm in front of him. I leaned forward until my chest hit his back and I rubbing the soap on his skin gently until he stopped me. I questioned his actions until I felt his fingers run down my arm, along my bar-coded scars. He looked back at me with a frown, one that could break anyone's heart. "Bad." I felt my heart throb within my chest. "Yes. Bad." He stood up, turned around and knelled in front of me. "No more bad." He put his hand under my chin and brought my face up to meet his. "No more." He repeated. I smiled weakly. "No more."

 

 My chest felt tight at the memory and I gripped at my shirt to fan myself. Why does this hurt so much? It’s not supposed to hurt this much. He’s just… I couldn’t say it to myself. I couldn’t say he was just someone else, just another person. He’s not just another person. That’s probably the last thing he is. He’s unique. His innocence…

 

"Tao, where's your house?" I asked, picking him up by his arm out of that dirty cardboard box that he took seat in. "Here." He presented the box with his arms. "Pretty right?" That familiar sinking feeling weighed down my chest and a lump in my throat started to develop.

 

His warmth…

 

"You don't have to be strong in front of me, Gege. It's okay. We understand." I opened my eyes and tears started spilling almost instantly. The knot in my throat clenched my words and all I could choke out were sobs. "I'm sorry" was all I could say. He wrapped his arms around my shoul

Please log in to read the full chapter