194 ll - October 20, 2011

What Is Love To A Machine?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

  We stood staring at each other for what seemed like forever. His eyes, bloodshot and his hair mused. I doubt I looked any better myself.

 

He was the first to speak. “W-would you like to come in?” He steps back to make room for me but I shake my head. “No. I’m not here for Baekhyun.” Not anymore anyway. “Oh…” He looked down at his feet and I stretched out my hand towards him. He looked at it questioningly. “Come with me.”  I attempt to say softly. He stares at my hand then up into my eyes, deep in thought. “Don’t you trust me?” He slightly jumps at my voice and nodded quickly while grabbing my hand. I offer a smile and he smiles back shyly. I definitely need him.

 

  I led him to a bus stop and we traveled an hour to the nearest beach. The whole ride was silent but it wasn’t awkward at all. He gripped my hand the whole ride, refusing to let go, not that I was complaining. I missed the simple warmth his hand gave mine. I could feel him melting my heartache with his fingers gently brushing against my knuckles and his thumb playing with mine. He didn’t look at me directly, but I would catch him stealing glances from the corner of my eye. When I confronted him, he would blush and look down to his lap while I would let out a small chuckle.

 

  Once we got there, I walked him over to a bench near before we got to the sand and I sat him down. I knelt in front of him and untied his sneakers. He tilted his head but said nothing. He just simply watch me take off his sneakers gently then slip out of mine. I stand, hold both pairs of shoes in one hand and hold out the other towards him. He grabs my hand and I lead him to the sand. Since it was about four something in the morning, the beach was deserted. The only thing occupying us was the warming air, the calls of seagulls and the calming waves of the ocean.

 

  We walk along the tides, wetting our feet. Tao was kicking the water playfully with a small smile. I look up at the sky, it was a beginning to turn a purple color. “I… I’m a mess without you.” I admitted, still not looking at him. He squeezed my hand slightly. “I..” I close my eyes. “I’m sorry.” I felt his hand loosen and I could feel my chest grow heavy. At least I… His hands cupped my face and I followed his lead to look down. I opened my eyes to see tears falling from his eyes silently. I moved my hands to his face, cupping

Please log in to read the full chapter