122 - January 1, 2012

What Is Love To A Machine?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Tao didn’t want to touch me, let alone look at me.

 

All I remembered was waking up to have Lay, Luhan, Chanyeol and Suho gathered around, hovering over me while my back was against the cold tile bathroom floor.  

 

“What happened? Where’s Tao?!” I quickly sat up to a pounding headache and a crying Luhan pushing me back down to the floor. “Tao’s fine, but you’re not. Just don’t move, please Kris.” Luhan begged as his hands held my shoulders to the floor. I didn’t know what was happening. I was overly confused. “Y-you lost a lot of blood Kris.” Suho spoke this time, resting his hand gently on my arm. “What do you mean I lost a lot of blood? What happened?”

 

“Tao had called Baekhyun frantically crying that you had passed out and wouldn’t wake up. Baekhyun and I ran over as fast as we could, and on the way we called Suho, Lay and Luhan.” Chanyeol explained. “When we got here, you and Tao were covered in blood. You almost drowned and suffocated in it but luckily Tao was there and lifted you up so you wouldn’t choke. Unfortunately, blood seemed to pour out of your mouth and onto Tao. It scared him and it took about three hours to stop crying and fall asleep. He’s with Baekhyun and Chen now.” All I could think about was Tao. How could I let myself scare him like that? “It’s not your fault at all.” I look over to Lay and wondered if he had read my mind. I then shook off the impossible idea and asked if it would be possible to see Tao. “I don’t think that’s wise. Give him a while. He was pretty upset.” Suho advised and I just listened.

 

A full twenty-four hours had passed and he still wouldn’t look me straight in the eye. It was as if time had reversed itself. I was on the couch, but lying on my side since Lay and the others feared I might drown in the blood I coughed up, and Tao was sitting on his knees in front of me, as still and as silent as a statue. Only this time, he watched the floor instead of me.

 

“Tao.” I called out to him but received nothing but a small flinch. He didn’t want to look at me or touch me but he refused to leave my side. “Tao… I didn’t mean to scare you. I’m sorry.” Nothing. “Tao, if I… die I-“ I was cut off by having his hand clamped to my mouth. Tears ran down his face like two small waterfalls. His eyes red and tired looking. “Y-you won’t d-die.” His eyes looked intensely into mine. I had never seen him so determin

Please log in to read the full chapter