133 ll - December 21, 2011

What Is Love To A Machine?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“What do you mean Baekhyun and Chanyeol disappeared?” I asked while I took Cake from Tao so he could start making tea for Suho.  “They aren’t answering their phones. For Chanyeol it’s understandable, but Baekhyun? He usually answers. As their guardian, I’m a bit worried.” I placed a comforting hand on Suho’s shoulder and offered him a small smile. “I’m sure their fine. Maybe they’re with Chen and Lay. Lay did say something about visiting those two yesterday.” Suho smiled slightly and pet Cake’s head, only to have her nibble slightly on his hand. “Maybe I’m just worrying too much?” Suho smiled up at me apologetically while I shook my head. “It’s natural to worry. You guys are being hunted so I see the need to be on alert. Want me to try and call Chanyeol? He always answers when I call him.” Suho nodded and I reached over for my phone.

 

Suho picked up Cake from my lap and cradled her in his arms then stood up. “I’ll be in the kitchen with Tao.” I nodded while I dialed in Chanyeol’s number. After a few rings, the other line picked up. “Ayo wassup Kris.” I couldn’t help but chuckle and bury my face in my free hand. This kid. To humor him, I answered with an “Ayo wassup.” I could practically see the smile on him. “So what’s going on?” I ran a hand through my hair. “Why aren’t you or Baekhyun answering Suho? What are you two doing?” Whispers soon erupted on the other side and a small struggle could be heard. I raised a bow. “Chanyeol?” The voice that answered back wasn’t Chanyeol though.

 

 

“Oh hey Kris, Chanyeol and I are kind of busy if you know what I mean.” Baekhyun had taken the phone away from Chanyeol, afraid of Chanyeol’s habit of always telling Kris everything. “Oh- well sorry. Next time don’t ignore Suho. He became worried.” Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a face and Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the taller. “Okay! Talk to you later!” Baekhyun quickly hung up the phone before Kris could respond then tossed the phone to Chanyeol. “You know I don’t like lying to Kris hyung.” Chanyeol whined while entering the small shack, following Baekhyun inside. “I know, that’s why I took the phone. It’s still your fault we’re even in this predicament anyway.” Baekhyun harshly whispered. “You know how much I care about Jinki hyung. He was my best friend.” Chanyeol whined softly. “I know, I know, but to help the enemy? Friend or not, his comrades tried to kill Chen and Lay, not to mention they tried to attack Tao and wound up almost killing Kris.”

 

Chanyeol shook h

Please log in to read the full chapter