Jobs

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Twenty

 

About a week later.

 

“Taeyeon ah, what’s the matter?”

“What else could it be other than my life?”

 

Sooyoung gave the shorter female a look of understanding sympathy before taking a bite of the vegetable stew she had ordered. Currently, the two were in the restaurant where Taeyeon was working and having her break at the moment. Motioning for the other female to sit down, Sooyoung gracefully waved a hand to the chair across her table.  

 

With a small sigh, Taeyeon’s tired shoulders slumped onto the backrest of the chair while she got into a relaxed position, sometimes she wonders why she quit her better paying and easier job in the hospital as a medical trainee; waitressing always gave her sore arms from carrying numerous trays and aching legs from constantly wearing high heels for hours. Was it because of the fantastic time Taeyeon had working in the service industry when she had met terribly horrible and difficult customers?

 

Of course not, whoever likes being at the receiving end of such unaccommodating individuals? The main reason Taeyeon quit the much nicer job was so that she would have more flexibility to take care of Hyeri, have night lessons and yet still be able to provide for the family at the same time. And the only job which allowed for these conditions was waitressing. 

 

While being a medical trainee had it perks, the work hours were too long for Taeyeon, she needed to be a mom to a growing little girl who doesn’t have much opportunities to spend with both her parents. As Luhan was a teacher and father, it also automatically meant not having much time to spend with their daughter, so Taeyeon had to at least be around with Hyeri more often; a child needs a parental figure to grow up properly.       

 

“How’s your life?” Sooyoung began, raising an eyebrow at her friend.

“Ah…, the usual crap, we always seem to be lacking in finances for something one way or another.”  

“Having children and taking care of them is tough Tae, but it’s also a blessing. Hyeri is a bright and adorable girl.”  

 

“I know that, but….” Taeyeon’s voice got softer and softer.

“What is it?” Sooyoung asked in good-natured concern. “Talk to me, it will help.”

“Well, it’s just that- …Hyeri is definitely wonderful and all but… it uh, is not working out.”

 

“Hmms, what isn’t working out?”

“Having a child… with Luhan and giving birth to one.”

Sooyoung nodded slowly, deciding not to comment until the other finished speaking.

 

“My life is a wreck, Sooyoung ah, this wasn’t the fairy tale life that I imagined after getting married and having a kid. I just wish… maybe, we could turn back time and stop this future from happening.” Taeyeon confessed albeit guiltily, feeling quite terrible about the topic. She then looked up at the other female before smiling bitterly at nothing in particular....

 

Or rather; laughing at her life which took an unprecedented detour because of a pregnancy when she was seventeen. “This isn’t working at all for me; Hyeri, Luhan, this stupid job, my too far-away dream and this crappy lifestyle. To be honest, my relationship with Luhan isn’t the best either, it’s like we were never meant to have a child together!”

 

“….” Sooyoung scanned the shorter female studiously.        

“Yes?” Taeyeon fidgeted slightly in her seat under the other’s serious gaze.

“You need to talk with your husband about your thoughts, but I also need you to ask yourself a question.”

 

“Huh, exactly what kind of question?” Taeyeon faltered in her speech, sceptical of Sooyoung’s words.

Sooyoung took a deep and preparatory breath. “Do you still love him.”  

 

“Do I still love Luhan? ...I don't know any-” 

 

Meanwhile.

 

“Jongin, help me!” Sehun cried out as he nearly got tackled down. “Yah, Bacon!”

“Ignore him hyung, Sehunnie is in good hands!” Baekhyun smirked before he lunged on the other boy again.

Kai laughed amusedly, shaking his head as both sixteen year olds got into a playful-pretend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter