Resentment

Falling for Someone else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap Twenty-Three

 

The next few days.

 

“Is Jongin at home now?”

“No, but if he is, he doesn’t want to see you. So go away!”

Sehun frowned at the unfriendly and greedy-looking man who had a balding head of hair.

 

It was getting to the point of almost being unbearable for Sehun and Kai, it was the third consecutive time in a week that their failure of a father had been knocking on their doorstep. Couldn’t he get the point that he wasn’t welcomed at their home? Kai hated that man with an undying spirit and Sehun was beginning to dislike him too.

 

Their father was an incorrigible alcoholic and a gambling addict, no wonder their parents got a divorce so many years ago. Sehun may not remember much of it but he could tell that the man didn’t do a very good job of being a parent seeing that his elder brother loathed the man with a fierce passion. The only reason that he still came looking for Kai was for money; to fund his drinking and gambling addictions; sometimes to even pay off the ridiculously many debts that he owned. Crudely put, Kai was nothing but a personal bank account for their father who kept taking advantage of his child’s career.

 

Sehun had only learnt of this recently, after he asked Kai why he had continued giving into their father’s unreasonable demands. The twenty one year old could only sigh tiredly, telling Sehun that the ing bastard would go to his workplace at the modelling agency and cause a big ruckus; which was utterly unbelievable and disgusting to the boy. How could a parent even do that to his own kid?

 

Previously, the man had barged into the house uninvited with a key he had duplicated himself without Kai knowing, which of course made a huge impact on the young model’s mood. It wasn’t a pretty sight when Kai came back home after work, Sehun could still shudder at the memory of their recent conflict; he hadn’t seen his elder brother gotten so consumed with rage before, and it was bordering on being scary for the teenage boy.

 

Whoever made Kai truly angry probably had a death wish; the look on his face could already kill just by glaring. Because of the unprecedented visit, Sehun even had to bear the brunt of Kai's bad mood after he chased the man out with a cheque of one thousand dollars. And the elder brother never does that, he never vents anything on his precious Sehunnie; he never ever ing does that in a million years!

 

Kai did however feel bad later in the day after he cooled down.

Sehun then gave his elder brother a small kiss of forgiveness - it wasn’t Kai’s fault to begin with.

If Sehun were to be in the other’s shoes, he would probably be just as angry too.

 

Not even once did Kai mention to the Sehun about their shared biological father, in the few months he had spent living with his elder brother and neither did Kai show any sign of happiness when meeting their father, so Sehun figured that it would be the best that the much hated man was not allowed into their home. However when the front door was just about to be closed, a dirty shoe-clad foot stepped into the available crack, stopping Sehun from shutting the door completely.

 

The boy frowned with irritation before swinging the door open again.

“Look, could you please leave? Jongin hyung isn’t at home and he doesn’t like it when you are here.”

“I just want to be with both of my precious sons… Can’t a father do that, Sehun ah?”

 

“Don’t use my name so affectionately, I have a father and it isn’t you. If you didn’t know, Mom remarried.” Sehun mentioned pointedly, feeling a defensive and righteous flame raging in the depths of his stomach. “And let me tell ask this, are you really worthy enough to call yourself a father to us? There is a reason why Jongin doesn’t welcome you into his house, I’m sure that you know very well what it is. So until you can change that about yourself, please leave!” The teenager spoke with a determined and strong tone, furrowing his eyebrows at the man outside before closing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter